SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

no reason to use the F bomb in front of thousands of kids.

there are over 1 million words in the English language.  so....he had other choices.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

In response to slasher9's comment:

no reason to use the F bomb in front of thousands of kids.

there are over 1 million words in the English language.  so....he had other choices.

But never a word more versatile. 

Big Ups for Big Papi! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

OK, I think we can all agree Papi should have chosen another word. Papi acknowledged that himself. But good grief, is this even a medium-sized deal, let alone a big one?

Personally, if they ever make a T-shirt with that expression (and you know they will), I'll buy it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

OK, I think we can all agree Papi should have chosen another word. Papi acknowledged that himself. But good grief, is this even a medium-sized deal, let alone a big one?

Personally, if they ever make a T-shirt with that expression (and you know they will), I'll buy it.

Not me Lloyd. I happen to like that word. Laughing 

I didn't even think about it in marketing terms. That's Great! Genius!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Absolutely. Market it, give procedes to victims' families.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Perfect!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Absolutely. Market it, give procedes to victims' families.

+ 1000

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

oh puh please. Kids drops more f-bombs than they can count these days.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Mt200's comment:

oh puh please. Kids drops more f-bombs than they can count these days.

Doesn't make it right. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It was a slip up...Most parents, including myself have slipped and said a "bad word" in front of our kids at one point or another.

He apologized. Time to move on. Its really not as big a deal as some here are making it out to be...

Besides, the shirts sold by barstool is over $60,000 already. Including the other outlets, like Sully's, that are donating the proceeds to the One Fund Boston, that number should be well over 100K for those affected by the bombings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

There are certainly worse words than the F-bomb. I agree, time to move on. Way past time, actually.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

To those who continue to imagine "something" that washes the Ortiz poor decision, stop now as there is nothing and not something...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:

To those who continue to imagine "something" that washes the Ortiz poor decision, stop now as there is nothing and not something...

I don't see anyone washing his poor decision.  Everyone seems to acknoweldge that it was a poor decision.  Some are just suggesting its not that big of a deal.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.