SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

FCC wouild never allow any employee to tweet in such a situation. Get real.

Ahhhh!  It does appear that this WAS IN FACT the Julius Genachowski, the outgoing head of the FCC???

Not 100% sure, but reasonably so......

We shall see.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its one thing to b passionate, its one thing to have a vocabulary and know whats appropriate. there are kids all over the place.. very unbecoming!

[/QUOTE

Actually it was Tom Caron on the post game, pike and yes I think the fcc would take issue with it. I would think TV GUY would know that

Who do you think he learned it from?? Wink He said it just came out from his emotion, pain and love of the city. Not approprate, but I don't have a problem with it. if theres a day for it it's today. FCC said they stand with Papi, no fine 

Somebody was posing as the FCC on tat tweet. Get serious, do yo really think that the FCC would expose themselves on a few words spoken at a ballgame. Ridiculous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

That kind of language would not be tolerated under normal circumstances. Given the emotions of today , I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. Much ado about nothing.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I missed it (if it did indeed happen) and the game today, but who the f uck cares if he did?  And about the grandmothers, half of them probably loved it, and the other half couldn't hear it anyways.

Same for the kids. Either too young to know what was said or couldn't hear it or care less.  It's being replayed now on NESN, Sherriff. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Who cares?  And who hasn't dropped a few f-bombs at inappropriate times?  If you haven't, you're not human.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Funny!

Baddbrains deleted his post explaining how it could not have been anybody from the FCC.

BUT....  If he'd simply read a few NEWS REPORTS, he would see that it was IN FACT Julius Genachowski, the outgoing HEAD of the FCC.

Wake up Pike!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Certainly not the best choice of words with kids there,  but I prefer to listen to his overall message.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I am waiting NerdaMIT and BaddBraines to interact with one another, should be boring fun.

This guy is definitely a tweaker!  He is the ULTIMATE TROLL because he doesn't even realize he is one.  CONCERN TROLL EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!

I should have known that a guy this simple couldn't couldn't really be an MIT student.

So Pike......   What were saying about somebody from the FCC never posting something in support of Big Papi's impassioned use of the F-Bomb???

It was a slip, and even if it wasn't, many of you need to get over your little sanctimonous arrsses!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I thought it was in very poor taste too. I think his adrenalin got the best of him there. My guess is he'll appologize tommorow. But it was at least somewhat understandable, even if better left unsaid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

I missed it (if it did indeed happen) and the game today, but who the f uck cares if he did?  And about the grandmothers, half of them probably loved it, and the other half couldn't hear it anyways.

Same for the kids. Either too young to know what was said or couldn't hear it or care less.  It's being replayed now on NESN, Sherriff. 

I just saw and heard it on mlb.com with the f word bleeped out.  As expected, it was the spirit and context of how the word was used and not the word itself that mattered.  As a Boston icon who has always embraced the city and its fans, Papi will get a pass from everyone except for extremely uptight people with Louisville Sluggers inserted up their anuses.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Yeah, I thought it was in very poor taste too. I think his adrenalin got the best of him there. My guess is he'll appologize tommorow. But it was at least somewhat understandable, even if better left unsaid.

He already did, on the post game, exam. He said his emotions, pain and love of the city got the best of him and it just came out. It happens. Not much you can do. He metioned the 8 year old boy, the same age as his son. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

What did you thnk of the pregame, postgame, capture of the bombers, today's game, and the 12-4 brecord.  How about your team Cincy?

Pike.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

He already did, on the post game, exam. He said his emotions, pain and love of the city got the best of him and it just came out. It happens. Not much you can do. He metioned the 8 year old boy, the same age as his son. 

Yeah, that was about what I figured. Papi's an emotional guy.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.