SERIOUSLY... Is BERNIE WILLIAMS a HALL of FAMER?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... Is BERNIE WILLIAMS a HALL of FAMER?

Solid player but not even close to HOF caliber.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Funny, never thought of Bernie as HOFer, but always held him in high regard.  Even if he was a Rival, always considered him fine character and player.

But HOF always seemed a higher plain ... seems to be slipping to me...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Great player....played the game right.....but there are a lot of 'Bernie Williams' type players out there that fell short and rightfully so. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Only if you factor in his clutch classical guitar playing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

.297 Avg, 287 HR's and 1257 RBI's for an outfielder..... EXCELLENT NUMBERS.....but again....there are a lot of outfielder with those type numbers.  Doesn't scream HOF player to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Only if you factor in his clutch classical guitar playing.

[/QUOTE]

Bernie ... dusty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bmVimdPAmM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Although well respected and he had a fine career, BW is not a HOF'er.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hall Of Fame is for tourists.

Real fans of baseball, football, hockey, basketball or Rock 'n' Roll will tell you who was great and who wasn't.

You don't need these amusement park museums if you hnow who's who. These are for the casual observer...and fro someone to make money by exploiting someone else's talent.

Pete Rose was a terrific player, he may be a jerk as a human being , I can't really judge as I don't know him ( althoug I get the impression he is) , but what we know about Carlton Fisk is that he also is a bad example of a human being. One is in the Hall, one isn't. Based on a personal problem in his personal life. Lawrence Taylor is an indisputed NFL Hall Of Famer, not a very nice person, either.

All a matter of someone else's choice....not mine or yours.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

IMO, he stayed a bit too long. He will unfairly will be remembered for the poor defense his last couple of years, but he was a thorn in the side of every Sox fan and a good ambassador of the game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Real fans of baseball, football, hockey, basketball or Rock 'n' Roll will tell you who was great and who wasn't.

You don't need these amusement park museums if you hnow who's who. These are for the casual observer...and fro someone to make money by exploiting someone else's talent.

Pete Rose was a terrific player, he may be a jerk as a human being , I can't really judge as I don't know him ( althoug I get the impression he is) , but what we know about Carlton Fisk is that he also is a bad example of a human being. One is in the Hall, one isn't. Based on a personal problem in his personal life. Lawrence Taylor is an indisputed NFL Hall Of Famer, not a very nice person, either.

[/QUOTE]

can't let that one slide zill

if the subject is baseball

pete rose broke the golden rule

the one posted in every clubhouse

worse than roids or anything fisk did

when it comes to potentially hurting the game

[/QUOTE]

Zac,

You and I have disagreed on this before.

I respect your opinion however Pete Rose has been banned from the game for life for betting on games while a manager of a MLB team.

I agree with that punishment.

But on the other hand I feel he belongs in the hof for how he played the game and for the records he holds.

How much blood can you extract from one man?

Pete Rose deserves to be in the hall. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

shocked he only had 18%.. would have voted him in as a first balloter as with biggio and schill... always liked and respected his game, very consistent!

[/QUOTE]

Bernie belongs in the NY Yankee hof but not Cooperstown.

Great career though and a class act.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bernie's poise, quiet leadership, clutch play and great personality made me love the guy in spite of his horrendous, despicable pinstripe affiliation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

While I loved Bernie as a key cog on the Yankees dynasty of the late 90's, I don't think he gets in.

Pretty weird that CF's overall are held in higher regard than the corner OF's, yet there are less of them in the HOF than the corner spots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Helloitsmeagain's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I loved Bernie as a key cog on the Yankees dynasty of the late 90's, I don't think he gets in.

Pretty weird that CF's overall are held in higher regard than the corner OF's, yet there are less of them in the HOF than the corner spots.

[/QUOTE]

Might be a numbers thing, being that there is 1 CF and 2 corners ...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Yes ,IF he didnt use performance enhancing drugs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to the Hall of Fame?  For tourists?  Are you serious?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Radioactivity on Monster Island got your scales in a bunch?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

With me and Pete Rose it's a matter of even handedness.

Rose as a manager of a MLB team placed bets on games.

Didn't throw games he gambled and placed bets.

This is all that has been proven or as far I know the crux of the charges against Rose.

We are not talking the Black Sox scandal, we're not talking about games or the WS being thrown for money.

Pete Rose is not Shoeless Joe Jackson.

So imo the punishment is a little over the top for Rose.

Life banishment from the game ok.

In terms of a livelyhood what do you think this has cost Rose?

His livelyhood consists of traveling the country signing cards at card shows.

Is this enough punishment for his crime?

I think so.

He belongs in Cooperstown for his years as a player.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.