SERIOUSLY... tell me again y #26 hasn't been retired yet for BOGGS?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY... tell me again y #26 hasn't been retired yet for BOGGS?

telling the sox his number should be on the RF wall is arrogant and self righteous at best. Screw Boggs.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

telling the sox his number should be on the RF wall is arrogant and self righteous at best. Screw Boggs.

My thoughts exactly. He shouldn't be beaking off and trying to call out the Red Sox. He also has nerve saing he has no hard feelings towards the Sox. He is in his own world.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

the man is in the hall, played the requisite years, had the #s...did everything except npt play and win with the yanks..this seems petty. enough is enough. telling me when #45 makes the hall, his # wont go up? just bring boggs back in some perky consultant or adviser role like pedro or reggie in Ny.. this is unbecoming! perhaps bogggs can be put in charge of riding the horses around fenway.. imagine the $ they can make, even more than the bricks...

This thread is a brick.

Written By Conan the Brick Layer. Conan I know you're not a Troll but of late I never see you write any opinions on any subject except one liners with as few a words as possible usually just disparaging someone. Do you have anything positive to say to get the Apr off your back ? 

Hetch

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I think his # should definitely be retired, but a) riding that horse around Yankee Stadium and b) originally agreeing to go into the Hall as a TB Ray did not help,his cause.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I think his # should definitely be retired, but a) riding that horse around Yankee Stadium and b) originally agreeing to go into the Hall as a TB Ray did not help,his cause.

Exactly why his number won't be retired.  He didn't finish in any capacity with the Red Sox also.  The "Margo" affair doesn't help him either.  He was a good player, maybe great player, but his number won't be retired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I've always believed you don't retire a player's number unless he spent his entire career with the organization or at least ended his career there. Like Pesky, Yaz, Williams, Rice, etc. Boggs played 11 of  his 18 years in Boston, which in my eyes is not enough.

The obvious counter-argument is Carlton Fisk. But that's a different situation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

the man is in the hall, played the requisite years, had the #s...did everything except npt play and win with the yanks..this seems petty. enough is enough. telling me when #45 makes the hall, his # wont go up? just bring boggs back in some perky consultant or adviser role like pedro or reggie in Ny.. this is unbecoming! perhaps bogggs can be put in charge of riding the horses around fenway.. imagine the $ they can make, even more than the bricks...

SERIOUSLY...... Get a life.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I understand it was Bogg's decision but why the Rays?  Didn't he spend just one season with them?  

So that means when John Smoltz gets inducted, he can choose to go in as a Red Sox.   ;)  

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano9009. Show Modano9009's posts

Wasn't Boggs paid to go into the Hall as a Ray?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I understand it was Bogg's decision but why the Rays?  Didn't he spend just one season with them?  

So that means when John Smoltz gets inducted, he can choose to go in as a Red Sox.   ;)  

Probably wanted the Rays either because he is from Tamps or he wanted to be the first Ray ever inducted..

Or possibly for both reasons...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He's a creep.

He has no professionalism, he feels the need to tell everyone how great he was, instead of letting the public decide.

What did he do for the team?...zero, all his accomplishments were for himself. Just like that Clemens fellow.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He is an egomaniac. You dont tell a team your number should be retired. You wait for them to bring it up to you or the fans making so much noise calling for it. As far as I can see, hes not incredibly well liked around here. I cant stand the DB and never want to see anything to do with him in Boston ever again.

And the Lou Merloni idea?? really??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to Modano9009's comment:

Wasn't Boggs paid to go into the Hall as a Ray?

The stroy goes that Boggs had cut a deal with the Rays to choose to go in as a Ray.....MLB then changed the rules and now it is not the players decision what Cap goes on the Bust....MLB makes the decision. They made that decision suppoedly because of the Boggs deal and also Dave Winfield possible going in as a Yankee(also based on a deal), though he ultimately decided to go in as A PAdre

Sections
Shortcuts