Seriously... We need to do something.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Seriously... We need to do something.

This team needs life. We need young players to spark the team... We're not going to blockbuster because it is not needed we have a good team they just need to pull it together. Mcdonald and Punto need to be DFA'd and salty should be sent down or traded. Ciriaco can play our utility player and atleast we will have someone decent on the bench. Nava/Linares one needs to come up. You can't say that they won't get much playing time because if they are taking Darnell's spot they will. Darnell has been playing mostly every day and is hitting some where around a buck fifty.
    Ciriaco is hitting .359
    Lavarnway is slumping a bit but he is still hitting .260
    Daniel Nava has a .316 BA with 17 RBI's
    Or atleast call up Lin who is supposed to be a good defensive outfielder... We need atleast one good fielder out there.
    This team needs to get pumped up. WMB can't do everything on his own because apparently he is the only one who can hit right now (even though he went 0-4 today)
    PLEASE change it up just a little bit. I can't take Darnell anymore the guy has ran out of magic. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Re: Seriously... We need to do something.

In Response to Seriously... We need to do something.:
    This team needs life. We need young players to spark the team... We're not going to blockbuster because it is not needed we have a good team they just need to pull it together. Mcdonald and Punto need to be DFA'd and salty should be sent down or traded. Ciriaco can play our utility player and atleast we will have someone decent on the bench. Nava/Linares one needs to come up. You can't say that they won't get much playing time because if they are taking Darnell's spot they will. Darnell has been playing mostly every day and is hitting some where around a buck fifty. Ciriaco is hitting .359 Lavarnway is slumping a bit but he is still hitting .260 Daniel Nava has a .316 BA with 17 RBI's Or atleast call up Lin who is supposed to be a good defensive outfielder... We need atleast one good fielder out there. This team needs to get pumped up. WMB can't do everything on his own because apparently he is the only one who can hit right now (even though he went 0-4 today) PLEASE change it up just a little bit. I can't take Darnell anymore the guy has ran out of magic. 
    Posted by zack5042

The fact that the Sox prefer Punto with his very tired slow bat, & his embarrasing trouble with pop ups, over the younger, faster, live bat of Ciriaco is baffling....The 25th man is not going to change much on this team, but I would love for Cherington to start to do something...so why not dump Punto.......Of course the pitching is the real area of need to do something....But I don't see many teams that will help us out in that market......Can an often injured Youk bring us an arm?  Hope so..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I have absolutely no confidence in Punto. Whenever a ball is hit to him, I don't know what's going to happen. Whenever he's at bat, I don't know what's going to happen. I don't understand why he's on the team, and I've never said that about anyone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously... We need to do something.:
    In Response to Seriously... We need to do something. : The fact that the Sox prefer Punto with his very tired slow bat, & his embarrasing trouble with pop ups, over the younger, faster, live bat of Ciriaco is baffling....The 25th man is not going to change much on this team, but I would love for Cherington to start to do something...so why not dump Punto.......Of course the pitching is the real area of need to do something....But I don't see many teams that will help us out in that market......Can an often injured Youk bring us an arm?  Hope so..
    Posted by roberr48

The problem is, you are advocating change for the sake of change.

The Sox need starting pitching.   The Sox need outfield help, as we all saw tonight.   The Sox could really use some of the $77mill on the DL to get healthy.

And you honestly think re-arraging the utility INF is going to do anything?  Od course it won't.  Why even bother?

Doubtful the Sox get much for Youkilis in a May trade.  Teams aren't just scrambling to grab a 33yo declining oft-injured $11mill corner infielder like they used to. Any pitcher you can get for him is more likely to be problem than solution...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Too many injuries and poor pitching have hurt the team. 

So far, this looks like a "bridge" year for the Red Sox. 

Oh well, at least we have Tom Brady....but football season is still a few months away. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The offense, to wit, 3 runs against the great KC Royals, is the problem.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

How about this egomaniac Valentine? If Tito were still managing he'd be blasted up and down this forum.  I'd like to know how the players really feel about him and the impact Luchhino's choice - not Cherington's - has had on this ongoing disaster.

What about the pitching coach?  Critics are looking at the pitchers, and rightfully so, but what is their coach doing to address these issues? 

I tuned in to the game last night to find the Sox down 3-0 and Lester already looking defeated.  I found something better to do.  Glad I didn't waste any more of my time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How about this egomaniac Valentine? If Tito were still managing he'd be blasted up and down this forum.  I'd like to know how the players really feel about him and the impact Luchhino's choice - not Cherington's - has had on this ongoing disaster. What about the pitching coach?  Critics are looking at the pitchers, and rightfully so, but what is their coach doing to address these issues?  I tuned in to the game last night to find the Sox down 3-0 and Lester already looking defeated.  I found something better to do.  Glad I didn't waste any more of my time.
    Posted by walterjohnson07

Bobby was given this mess..hes hardly even near the top of the list of problems..As far as the pitching coach goes, hes known these guys for a couple months..what do you suggest he do? Hes just learning who they are and what theyre all about..These pitchers should know themselves and what they are doing wrong by now..Lester fell in love with that cutter and uses it way too much, Beckett doesnt care what any pitching coach has to say, Buchholz is a freakin head case..The 2 best pitchers on this team are your 4 & 5...Hitters are hot and cold and the defense pretty much blows...The manager and pitching coach dont play the games and are the LEAST of that teams worries...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously... We need to do something. : The problem is, you are advocating change for the sake of change. The Sox need starting pitching.   The Sox need outfield help, as we all saw tonight.   The Sox could really use some of the $77mill on the DL to get healthy. And you honestly think re-arraging the utility INF is going to do anything?  Od course it won't.  Why even bother? Doubtful the Sox get much for Youkilis in a May trade.  Teams aren't just scrambling to grab a 33yo declining oft-injured $11mill corner infielder like they used to. Any pitcher you can get for him is more likely to be problem than solution...
    Posted by notin
    Right to the point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Seriously... We need to do something. : Bobby was given this mess..hes hardly even near the top of the list of problems..As far as the pitching coach goes, hes known these guys for a couple months..what do you suggest he do? Hes just learning who they are and what theyre all about..These pitchers should know themselves and what they are doing wrong by now..Lester fell in love with that cutter and uses it way too much, Beckett doesnt care what any pitching coach has to say, Buchholz is a freakin head case..The 2 best pitchers on this team are your 4 & 5...Hitters are hot and cold and the defense pretty much blows...The manager and pitching coach dont play the games and are the LEAST of that teams worries...
    Posted by southpaw777
    Exactly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiefret. Show chiefret's posts

Tks to the moribund Sox, KC has "improved" to 4-13 at home. Time to put the for sale sign up, this is truly a dreadful team!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Nothing can be done right now. You just have to hope some of these players start playing at a higher level like we all know that they can and see how they do after some injured guys get back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

notin---the board keeps waiting for your solution--there's enough negativity---what do you suggest ---instead of you can't do this or that won't help...perhaps you have a new idea that hasn't been seen in print...

In Response to Re: Seriously... We need to do something. : The problem is, you are advocating change for the sake of change. The Sox need starting pitching.   The Sox need outfield help, as we all saw tonight.   The Sox could really use some of the $77mill on the DL to get healthy. And you honestly think re-arraging the utility INF is going to do anything?  Od course it won't.  Why even bother? Doubtful the Sox get much for Youkilis in a May trade.  Teams aren't just scrambling to grab a 33yo declining oft-injured $11mill corner infielder like they used to. Any pitcher you can get for him is more likely to be problem than solution...
    Posted by notin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Usually one of the most optimistic RS fans, but have to admit I'm losing it w/ this group. Outside of Pedey & Agon; not much else that I wouldn't trade if price were right. Team has no ace, Lester has regressed, Beckett always hurt w/ something, Buchholz should be sent down to straighten out his problems, shouldn't be done at MLB level. But this is what you get when you have no depth for rotation which we all knew before season started. Bullpen sucks, never holds a lead late or must sweat it out. Look at teams w/ good bullpen all we have are guys who were released by other teams? Atchinson/Morales/Albers/Miller/Aceves/Padilla/Hill [some have been good - but what do you expect from guys who were released] what happened to the days when RS were bringing up a young Pap/Bard or Masterson to help? Which is the real problem we're not getting any help from the farm anymore. Seemed for years RS had a couple of guys constantly joining big club and providing that spark that comes w/ having some youth on the field. This team has no Life! Leave Middlebrooks at 3rd call up Lavarnway, and stick Iglesias at SS and lets see what they can do. Anyone who says Lavarnway is hitting just 260 @ AAA what do you expect, this kid did everything he should have in ST and still got sent down. Release Shoppach and go w/ the youth. I know injuries have been a big part, but this team needs a jolt, something that Middlebrooks has started to bring to this team, but we need more of it. 

Sections
Shortcuts