SERIOUSLY.. what is MIKE TROUT worth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

SERIOUSLY.. what is MIKE TROUT worth?

miggy gets 300m for 10 years.. that was turned down by the trout a while back. i started a thread a while back that he could be  the first $400m guy and some of the jabbie brigade took the usual shot. u feel me now? 10 years and 400m! he's younger, more healthy, plays a more demanding position and all around BETTER than miggy or a-fraud at the time of his big deal!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.. what is MIKE TROUT worth?

he could sign for 400 million but it would be for longer than 10 years. 14 years/400 million sadly would be market value. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Nope, he'll sign for about 8 years 320 million and then come up for another contract, or extnesion, at the age of 30. Now that would be the smartest move for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

http://www.hardballtimes.com/predicting-major-league-baseball-salary-growth/

Heres a nice link on growing salaries and revenues in baseball.  It's kind of crazy to think how much money has been pumped into baseball the last decade.  Salaries are going up, and probably will continue to do so.  Signing a guy to a 8 year 20 million dollar deal isn't even that big of a deal anymore.  What you get for 20 million today will not get you anything nearly as good 8 years from now (presumably).  Just think how good Pedey's deal is going to look in 5-6 years.  Even if his production has dropped off significantly and he's an average second baseman that deal is going to be a bargain.

I wonder....in 10 years from now how many 30 million a year players will there be? I'd say at least a dozen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Think of it this way.  In 2003 there was 1 player who made over 20 million dollars, last year there were 20.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Think of it this way.  In 2003 there was 1 player who made over 20 million dollars, last year there were 20.

[/QUOTE]

The inflationary bubble has to pop at some point.  TV revenue can't continue to grow as it has. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

the price of admission!....:-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

I'll go out on a limb and guess 6 years, $144.5M.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll go out on a limb and guess 6 years, $144.5M.

[/QUOTE]

Clever, but that is buying out 4 years of team control. and buying 2 years of his free agency.  What would Trout be making if he was a FA next year???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

If Trout was a free agent right now, I'd say 9 years, 300 million, for an AAV of 33.33 million.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Trout was a free agent right now, I'd say 9 years, 300 million, for an AAV of 33.33 million.

[/QUOTE]

I think He might even get more than that.  If he was worth 33 million a year that he is worth 26 million (on average) during arbitration.  So the Angels were betting that he would earn likely north of 30 million in such a case.

I think that would be a starting point.  He turned down a 10/300 million earlier, I'm not sure the dropping a year and keeping the money does him anygood

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

The inflationary bubble has to pop at some point.  TV revenue can't continue to grow as it has. 

[/QUOTE]

More importantly how many fans like myself cannot afford to go to games because of the vast greed that has over taken our supposed National Pastime. I wonder many times why I watch the Red Sox and other professional sport when I think of the ridiculous money the players make, the owner make, etc. It may be typical capitalism but it is disgusting considering how many poor in this country can barely afford to put food on the table, schools are forced to cancel needed arts and athletic programs for need of funding when player whine lack of respect and other such krap when the fail to live up to the obligations of a signed contract wanting to renegotiate, not just Papi but so many other. The waters are poluted. 

Hetch 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think He might even get more than that.  If he was worth 33 million a year that he is worth 26 million (on average) during arbitration.  So the Angels were betting that he would earn likely north of 30 million in such a case.

I think that would be a starting point.  He turned down a 10/300 million earlier, I'm not sure the dropping a year and keeping the money does him anygood

[/QUOTE] yikes!!..that's some serious coin...i think he'd make it work though

Sections
Shortcuts