Set Bill-806 free....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Set Bill-806 free....

In response to S5's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

How many games is Bill suspended for? Will be be back after the All Star break?

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

Where's Jose Tavares when you need him?
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

LOL

Exactly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to S5's comment:

How many games is Bill suspended for? Will be be back after the All Star break?

Where's Jose Tavares when you need him?

LOL

Exactly.

At least we always knew where he stood! He just didn't care 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If nobody cares, then why do you complain about him so much when he is here? And continue posting about him when he is not here? Now, I'm not an expert analyst or anything, but to me, that sounds like you do care about him being suspended and the length of the suspension. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

If nobody cares, then why do you complain about him so much when he is here? And continue posting about him when he is not here? Now, I'm not an expert analyst or anything, but to me, that sounds like you do care about him being suspended and the length of the suspension. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

1)  I complain about him when he's here because I find his behavior to be obnoxious. The fact that he violates the posting rules is just gravy - and a convenient reason to suspend him.

2) I never initiate a thread about him when he's not here.  However, if someone else mentions him I'll chime in with my $.02 to reinforce the fact that I hope his suspension is a long one.  And my comment about Jose Tavarez just seemed to be the appropriate one for the moment! 

3) I wouldn't go so far as to say that I care about him.  I'd say that I care about the length of his suspension. 
    See my point #2.

Have a nice day! 

[object HTMLDivElement]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I can think of a few posters I'd "exchange" him for. Somebody get The Big O on the line and make it happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I can think of a few posters I'd "exchange" him for. Somebody get The Big O on the line and make it happen.

Now... Don't start!      

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Is Bill going to be allowed back?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Is Bill going to be allowed back?

I don't think anyone should be banned.... I hope they let Bill back soon. He's quirky and harmless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

You guys crack me up!  Bill isn't here but you can't resist talking about him.  I think you miss him 

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

You guys crack me up!  Bill isn't here but you can't resist talking about him.  I think you miss him 

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

Of course they miss him, without his comments some of them will and have turned on each other.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

Eleanor Roosevelt

Of course they miss him, without his comments some of them will and have turned on each other.

So true.  Bill gives them something to complain about.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I know a lot of people found Bill a little annoying...but I feel like banning him is a little like kicking a puppy because it had an accident on your carpet. No one is perfect and dealing with people we find annoying can actually help build character.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I know a lot of people found Bill a little annoying...but I feel like banning him is a little like kicking a puppy because it had an accident on your carpet. No one is perfect and dealing with people we find annoying can actually help build character.

It's not that difficult to find ways to deal with people you find annoying. We're not all going to get along, but out right bans aren't right. Bill has every right to say what he wants to say, and I have every right to disagree with him or poke fun at him....and I expect nothing but the same in return.

#freebill806

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Bill can be irritating, but he can be ignored easily enough. The reason for his (apparently lengthy) suspension was pretty dumb, IMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Good news!

Bill is free!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Bill can be irritating, but he can be ignored easily enough. The reason for his (apparently lengthy) suspension was pretty dumb, IMO.

Really?  Even if you go back over his history?

When he started inserting his derogatory political zingers into nearly all of his posts and into EVERY thread he posts in a year ago he was asked not to do it.  He kept doing it.  Then he was counseled as to a better way to say what he wanted to say.. without the politics. And he ignored it.

Then he was again asked nicely to please not do it... and he again continued to do it.  

Then he was told not so nicely to stop mixing the politics in with the Red Sox forum. It was about this time that he realized that even though what he was doing was against the posting rules he could bait people by doing it.. so the political baiting continued.

Then he was counseled by the Mods and told if that if he kept doing it he'd be banned.. so he agreed to stop doing it and he did - for about two days.

Then he got banned for a week and was told that if it continued he'd be banned again for a longer period of time.  He assured everyone that it wouldn't happen any more, and it didn't... for about three days.  Then it started again.

Now he's been banned again.

I don't understand why any thinking person would a) believe him when he says he won't violate the posting rules any more, and b) would think banning isn't an appropriate punishment.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Eleanor Roosevelt

67redsox, steven, and bill; the 3 MOUSEKETEERS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Eleanor Roosevelt

So true.  Bill gives them something to complain about.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

Who needs Bill to complain about, when this board already has you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

So you support his overtly racist posts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

LOL, good one!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Welcome back bill, we missed you!

Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Welcome back bill, we missed you!

Eleanor Roosevelt

(/QUOTE)

Please don't speak for all of us, Eleanor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

So you support his overtly racist posts?

I keep hearing about these overtly racist posts but I have yet to see them...though granted I don't read through every thread.

BTW...I don't necessarily support or agree with 99 percent of what Bill says...but I don't think that is  a reason to want him banned. This place would be boring without differences of opinion.

Plus...like another poster said..without Bill other posters were starting to turn on each other. Let's just embrace Bill as a natural part of our little Red Sox eco-system ;-)

Sections
Shortcuts