Set Bill-806 free....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Re: Set Bill-806 free....

In response to 67redsox's comment:

You guys crack me up!  Bill isn't here but you can't resist talking about him.  I think you miss him 

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

Of course they miss him, without his comments some of them will and have turned on each other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to steven11's comment:

You guys crack me up!  Bill isn't here but you can't resist talking about him.  I think you miss him 

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

Of course they miss him, without his comments some of them will and have turned on each other.

So true.  Bill gives them something to complain about.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I know a lot of people found Bill a little annoying...but I feel like banning him is a little like kicking a puppy because it had an accident on your carpet. No one is perfect and dealing with people we find annoying can actually help build character.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Bill can be irritating, but he can be ignored easily enough. The reason for his (apparently lengthy) suspension was pretty dumb, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Bill can be irritating, but he can be ignored easily enough. The reason for his (apparently lengthy) suspension was pretty dumb, IMO.

Really?  Even if you go back over his history?

When he started inserting his derogatory political zingers into nearly all of his posts and into EVERY thread he posts in a year ago he was asked not to do it.  He kept doing it.  Then he was counseled as to a better way to say what he wanted to say.. without the politics. And he ignored it.

Then he was again asked nicely to please not do it... and he again continued to do it.  

Then he was told not so nicely to stop mixing the politics in with the Red Sox forum. It was about this time that he realized that even though what he was doing was against the posting rules he could bait people by doing it.. so the political baiting continued.

Then he was counseled by the Mods and told if that if he kept doing it he'd be banned.. so he agreed to stop doing it and he did - for about two days.

Then he got banned for a week and was told that if it continued he'd be banned again for a longer period of time.  He assured everyone that it wouldn't happen any more, and it didn't... for about three days.  Then it started again.

Now he's been banned again.

I don't understand why any thinking person would a) believe him when he says he won't violate the posting rules any more, and b) would think banning isn't an appropriate punishment.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Eleanor Roosevelt

67redsox, steven, and bill; the 3 MOUSEKETEERS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Eleanor Roosevelt

So true.  Bill gives them something to complain about.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

Who needs Bill to complain about, when this board already has you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I know a lot of people found Bill a little annoying...but I feel like banning him is a little like kicking a puppy because it had an accident on your carpet. No one is perfect and dealing with people we find annoying can actually help build character.

So you support his overtly racist posts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

LOL, good one!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Welcome back bill, we missed you!

Eleanor Roosevelt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Welcome back bill, we missed you!

Eleanor Roosevelt

(/QUOTE)

Please don't speak for all of us, Eleanor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

I keep hearing about these overtly racist posts but I have yet to see them...though granted I don't read through every thread.

BTW...I don't necessarily support or agree with 99 percent of what Bill says...but I don't think that is  a reason to want him banned. This place would be boring without differences of opinion.

Plus...like another poster said..without Bill other posters were starting to turn on each other. Let's just embrace Bill as a natural part of our little Red Sox eco-system ;-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I keep hearing about these overtly racist posts but I have yet to see them...though granted I don't read through every thread.

BTW...I don't necessarily support or agree with 99 percent of what Bill says...but I don't think that is  a reason to want him banned. This place would be boring without differences of opinion.

Plus...like another poster said..without Bill other posters were starting to turn on each other. Let's just embrace Bill as a natural part of our little Red Sox eco-system ;-)

I haven't seen the racist posts either but he keeps bringing them up.  A few people complain about bill but a number of people want him here.  I think there are a few poster here who are worse than bill but they are allowed to post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

I haven't seen the racist posts either but he keeps bringing them up.  A few people complain about bill but a number of people want him here.  I think there are a few poster here who are worse than bill but they are allowed to post.

One of them would be you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Eleanor Roosevelt

What if you do all three?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Good news!

Bill is free!!!

That's it. I'm outta here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is like pro wrestling. You need to have the good guys and the bad guys. The baby faces and the heels. The heroes and the villains. Sometimes the lines become blurred as to which is which. But there should be room for everybody. Why not try to just enjoy it and have a little fun. It is just a forum. It is not really real.

Stabbed by Foulke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

It is like pro wrestling. You need to have the good guys and the bad guys. The baby faces and the heels. The heroes and the villains. Sometimes the lines become blurred as to which is which. But there should be room for everybody. Why not try to just enjoy it and have a little fun. It is just a forum. It is not really real.

Stabbed by Foulke.

D-GALE, you're correct that for the most part it's just a forum(that barely works) made up of a bunch of posters who leave reality behind them when discussing SOX baseball, and sometimes we go at each other when the discussions get over-heated. But make no mistake, the prejudices a couple of our forum members bring to this board are definitely real.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree in principal, but it does reach a point where it goes beyond entertaining. What he posts doesn't bother me because I rarely read his posts. But when he starts multiple posts on the same topic and clutters up the board, that's not showing respect for other posters.

And that's problem with billy boy. He think we should respect him because he's supposedly a navy veteran. Respect is earned. He doesn't respect the rest of us, so he doesn't deserve any respect.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

I agree in principal, but it does reach a point where it goes beyond entertaining. What he posts doesn't bother me because I rarely read his posts. But when he starts multiple posts on the same topic and clutters up the board, that's not showing respect for other posters.

And that's problem with billy boy. He think we should respect him because he's supposedly a navy veteran. Respect is earned. He doesn't respect the rest of us, so he doesn't deserve any respect.

ROY1NINER ......  NOT TRUE SON......  THE PROBLEM WITH SOME OF MY ARDENT "HATERS" IS THAT THEY CAN'T SEE MY "HUMOR THRU THEIR P C GLASSES"  !!!!

I wouldn't be able to see your humor with a microscope. If it doesn't exist, it can not be seen. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to royf19's comment:

Stabbed by Foulke.

ROY1NINER ......  NOT TRUE SON......  THE PROBLEM WITH SOME OF MY ARDENT "HATERS" IS THAT THEY CAN'T SEE MY "HUMOR THRU THEIR P C GLASSES"  !!!!

I wouldn't be able to see your humor with a microscope. If it doesn't exist, it can not be seen. 

It did at one point, but now, he's gone so far off the deep end that he can't even understand that if others aren't laughing then maybe there's something wrong with the joke.

It's pretty weak to post the way he does then hide behind  the "it's only humor" defense. It's a cop out.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts