1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: Set Bill-806 free....

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know a lot of people found Bill a little annoying...but I feel like banning him is a little like kicking a puppy because it had an accident on your carpet. No one is perfect and dealing with people we find annoying can actually help build character.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

[/QUOTE]

So you support his overtly racist posts?

[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing about these overtly racist posts but I have yet to see them...though granted I don't read through every thread.

BTW...I don't necessarily support or agree with 99 percent of what Bill says...but I don't think that is  a reason to want him banned. This place would be boring without differences of opinion.

Plus...like another poster said..without Bill other posters were starting to turn on each other. Let's just embrace Bill as a natural part of our little Red Sox eco-system ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the racist posts either but he keeps bringing them up.  A few people complain about bill but a number of people want him here.  I think there are a few poster here who are worse than bill but they are allowed to post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know a lot of people found Bill a little annoying...but I feel like banning him is a little like kicking a puppy because it had an accident on your carpet. No one is perfect and dealing with people we find annoying can actually help build character.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing about these overtly racist posts but I have yet to see them...though granted I don't read through every thread.

BTW...I don't necessarily support or agree with 99 percent of what Bill says...but I don't think that is  a reason to want him banned. This place would be boring without differences of opinion.

Plus...like another poster said..without Bill other posters were starting to turn on each other. Let's just embrace Bill as a natural part of our little Red Sox eco-system ;-)

[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the racist posts either but he keeps bringing them up.  A few people complain about bill but a number of people want him here.  I think there are a few poster here who are worse than bill but they are allowed to post.

[/QUOTE]

One of them would be you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You guys crack me up!  Bill isn't here but you can't resist talking about him.  I think you miss him 

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

What if you do all three?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good news!

Bill is free!!!

[/QUOTE]
    That's it. I'm outta here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Good news!

Bill is free!!!

[/QUOTE]

That's it. I'm outta here.

[/QUOTE]

Safe travels!

Send a postcard :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is like pro wrestling. You need to have the good guys and the bad guys. The baby faces and the heels. The heroes and the villains. Sometimes the lines become blurred as to which is which. But there should be room for everybody. Why not try to just enjoy it and have a little fun. It is just a forum. It is not really real.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is like pro wrestling. You need to have the good guys and the bad guys. The baby faces and the heels. The heroes and the villains. Sometimes the lines become blurred as to which is which. But there should be room for everybody. Why not try to just enjoy it and have a little fun. It is just a forum. It is not really real.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

D-GALE, you're correct that for the most part it's just a forum(that barely works) made up of a bunch of posters who leave reality behind them when discussing SOX baseball, and sometimes we go at each other when the discussions get over-heated. But make no mistake, the prejudices a couple of our forum members bring to this board are definitely real.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I agree in principal, but it does reach a point where it goes beyond entertaining. What he posts doesn't bother me because I rarely read his posts. But when he starts multiple posts on the same topic and clutters up the board, that's not showing respect for other posters.

And that's problem with billy boy. He think we should respect him because he's supposedly a navy veteran. Respect is earned. He doesn't respect the rest of us, so he doesn't deserve any respect.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

I agree in principal, but it does reach a point where it goes beyond entertaining. What he posts doesn't bother me because I rarely read his posts. But when he starts multiple posts on the same topic and clutters up the board, that's not showing respect for other posters.

And that's problem with billy boy. He think we should respect him because he's supposedly a navy veteran. Respect is earned. He doesn't respect the rest of us, so he doesn't deserve any respect.

[/QUOTE]ROY1NINER ......  NOT TRUE SON......  THE PROBLEM WITH SOME OF MY ARDENT "HATERS" IS THAT THEY CAN'T SEE MY "HUMOR THRU THEIR P C GLASSES"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be able to see your humor with a microscope. If it doesn't exist, it can not be seen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]ROY1NINER ......  NOT TRUE SON......  THE PROBLEM WITH SOME OF MY ARDENT "HATERS" IS THAT THEY CAN'T SEE MY "HUMOR THRU THEIR P C GLASSES"  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be able to see your humor with a microscope. If it doesn't exist, it can not be seen. 

[/QUOTE]

It did at one point, but now, he's gone so far off the deep end that he can't even understand that if others aren't laughing then maybe there's something wrong with the joke.

It's pretty weak to post the way he does then hide behind  the "it's only humor" defense. It's a cop out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Welcome back!!!

Dgale did hit it right on..... take the good with the bad and have some fun along the way!

In my real life, just as here....they'll always be racists and bigots I come across, they don't bother me .. I am not implying it is a behavior that I think is right....I just don't let it eat me up because I never walked in their shoes nor do I know the reason behind their bigotry or racism. We all have a story, which when given the time to stop and listen can explain why a person acts they way they do. If Bill or 67 are racists, perhaps they have a reason why they make the comments they have been reported as making ( I haven't witnessed any from either).

On the same note, I won't get upset with someone that may choose to label someone a racist or bigot....I haven't walked in their shoes either.....and they obviously have a reason for calling people out.

And that's all I have to say about that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]"YOUR GOSH DARN RIGHT"  !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]   Bill, we need the truth; did you order the code red?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[/QUOTE]

Bill, we need the truth; did you order the code red?

[/QUOTE]

Uh oh....something tells me this could get political......buy hey, have at it on my thread :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Uh oh....something tells me this could get political......buy hey, have at it on my thread :-)

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    Not political. Just movie talk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not political. Just movie talk.

[/QUOTE]

What about political movies?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

cannot wait for you to get banned again.  it's inevitable.

shall i set an over/under?

other names i have posted under:  none

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you think posters that make overtly racist posts should be embraced and allowed to remain here, or barred?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"CAN'T SEE MY HUMOR THRU THEIR P C GLASSES"  Another desperate act of a scoundrel.  You act, in the eyes of most posters, in an ignorant and offensive way then blame all of them for not "understanding" you. Pathetic.

There is nothing the likes of you could do to hurt or damage me in any way but in the words of Edmund Burke "All that's required for Evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing".

It is NOT acceptable for you to claim repeatedly that "Nothing good every came out of Mexico" and other such slurs about a country with a long, proud history if beset with some problems currently.  It is NOT acceptable for you to constantly make snide remarks about "Dominican milk shakes" and the ages of Dominican players.  It is NOT acceptable for you to make repeated references to the mafia with regard to Chris Capuano.   And that's just the tip of the iceberg, I can't even remember all your other, similar offenses.

You're an awful person and, worst of all, you don't even have the courage to take responsibility for your actions.  You are constantly disrespectful to liberals, Mexicans, the President, Dominicans, every poster here with your repetitive nonsense...everyone...then cry like a baby that you aren't respected.  Way to think, Thinky!

I wish there was a Hell for me to wish you to rot in for all eternity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"CAN'T SEE MY HUMOR THRU THEIR P C GLASSES"  Another desperate act of a scoundrel.  You act, in the eyes of most posters, in an ignorant and offensive way then blame all of them for not "understanding" you. Pathetic.

There is nothing the likes of you could do to hurt or damage me in any way but in the words of Edmund Burke "All that's required for Evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing".

It is NOT acceptable for you to claim repeatedly that "Nothing good every came out of Mexico" and other such slurs about a country with a long, proud history if beset with some problems currently.  It is NOT acceptable for you to constantly make snide remarks about "Dominican milk shakes" and the ages of Dominican players.  It is NOT acceptable for you to make repeated references to the mafia with regard to Chris Capuano.   And that's just the tip of the iceberg, I can't even remember all your other, similar offenses.

You're an awful person and, worst of all, you don't even have the courage to take responsibility for your actions.  You are constantly disrespectful to liberals, Mexicans, the President, Dominicans, every poster here with your repetitive nonsense...everyone...then cry like a baby that you aren't respected.  Way to think, Thinky!

I wish there was a Hell for me to wish you to rot in for all eternity.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it any better myself, although I DO think that last sentence was a bit harsh!  :-)

I'm setting the over and under at seven days. He's already come back and blamed everyone but himself for the banning.  He's insisting that everything he does that's offensive is "humor", whether it's racist, political, or just plain trolling and trying to convince us that he's the victim of some hidden vendetta against him being carried out for no good reason. In his own mind he's justified in everything he's done.

Given all of that, what are the chances he'll change his behavior enough to stay here? Be patient, my friends. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts