Shades of 1967.... J F says we will win more than we lose........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Shades of 1967.... J F says we will win more than we lose........

AKA ,     Dick Williams !!!!     Go Sox, great year !!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Shades of 1967.... J F says we will win more than we lose........

Morning Bill, 

Wish I was in Boston this afternoon instead of stuck in Milwaukee but such is life. As much as my friends want me to be a Brewers, Green Bay and Bucks fan it will never happen. I was born in Boston 64 years ago and will forever root for the Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Pats, etc. 

As for win more than we lose, I'm hoping that happens. As said 75-81 wins is my prediction. At least it will be a bit balmier in Boston today than here in Milwaukee at about thirty eight chilly degrees. 

Cheers from the Midwest, Hetch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Morning Bill, 

Wish I was in Boston this afternoon instead of stuck in Milwaukee but such is life. As much as my friends want me to be a Brewers, Green Bay and Bucks fan it will never happen. I was born in Boston 64 years ago and will forever root for the Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Pats, etc. 

As for win more than we lose, I'm hoping that happens. As said 75-81 wins is my prediction. At least it will be a bit balmier in Boston today than here in Milwaukee at about thirty eight chilly degrees. 

Cheers from the Midwest, Hetch

You & Bill-806 were thought of, around "circa same time "  !!!   A lot of great times with our Red Sox Heros !!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

I don't know, baseball was sort of still in its infancy in 1967.  The ball parks were empty and writers wrote what owners wanted them to.

A team like 67 happens once in a great while.  I think what we see is what we get with this red sox.  The sox have a manager whose team only won a few more games then the sox last year and now many predict Toronto to do well.

The red sox will no doubt be a better team then last year, but when many of the boston writers are predicting them to miss the post season, I think I have to go with that.

Agree, howevaa... I think that both J F & Ben C. have learned a lot over the last 2 years.....  The roster has been "TRANSFORMED" and there is a feel of 1967 in the air !!!   Time will tell !!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Shades of 2009

frankie......   Ya got to like Bradley & IGGY  !!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

I concur with Farrell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Shades of 2009

My good friend Bill-806, I'm a Yankees fan. Bradley, your Ty Cobb, will be a bust. Cano will be the MVP. And my Yankees will win the division.

WOW,  Frank from Glouster VIA  WEEI speaks to me as a "good friend"  !!!   The legend of FRANK is well known !!!    What would DAD say ???

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

NY  will finish a lot closer to last than first!

Shades of 2009

My good friend Bill-806, I'm a Yankees fan. Bradley, your Ty Cobb, will be a bust. Cano will be the MVP. And my Yankees will win the division.

Sections
Shortcuts