Shades of 2004?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gready. Show Gready's posts

Shades of 2004?

Now, I write this mostly tongue in cheek because the bullpen is spent and your momentum is as good as Josh Beckett's performance tonight...BUT...the Sox were dead in 2004 before the bullpen suddenly became invincible in games 4 and 5 in the 2004 ALCS.  Who would have envisioned an 8 game winning streak after the 19-8 drubbing in game 3 of that series?  Come on, we have to draw parallels to Boston's finest moment in order to remain positive!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Shades of 2004?

There were SOME similarities to G4 but still...........not the same game......we didn't beat Rivera...no stolen base......and  not the ALCS and potentially the final game........Also, there is no Pedro or Schilling on this team...also, jeter and aroids were riding pine tonight......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We are riding different horses for the most part.  These guys don't have the attitude to do what that team did.  2004 saw us disappointed by our team losing the first three to the Yankees not about the way they skidded to the end of the season.  A miracle happened this team does not look like a miracle could ever happen for them. Buchholz will have to start and they say he won't so this team is going to most likely keep going in the direction they are moving in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexWrecks. Show TexWrecks's posts

It took 14 inning to beat the Yankee 'B' team. Enough said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

The 2004 team and the 2011 team are a different chemistry.     The only players left are Varitek, Wakefield, and Ortiz and they're older and slower from 7 years ago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Shades of 2004?:
    [QUOTE]It took 14 inning to beat the Yankee 'B' team. Enough said.
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]
    Granderson, Cano, Teixeira, Swisher, Gardner, Nova, Soriano, etc., are on the Yankees' B-team? Wow, they are good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Shades of 2004?:
    [QUOTE]Now, I write this mostly tongue in cheek because the bullpen is spent and your momentum is as good as Josh Beckett's performance tonight...BUT...the Sox were dead in 2004 before the bullpen suddenly became invincible in games 4 and 5 in the 2004 ALCS.  Who would have envisioned an 8 game winning streak after the 19-8 drubbing in game 3 of that series?  Come on, we have to draw parallels to Boston's finest moment in order to remain positive!
    Posted by Gready[/QUOTE]

While not even remotely close in terms of importance...if we look at it in terms of similarities...after we won game four our pitching was set up perfectly to get us back in the series...Heading to Baltimore we have Beckett, Bedard and Lester (if nessasary)...win 2 of 3 and we garantee ourselves at least a playoff game...sweep'em and it's over...one game at a time...Win Today!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Shades of 2004? : While not even remotely close in terms of importance...if we look at it in terms of similarities...after we won game four our pitching was set up perfectly to get us back in the series...Heading to Baltimore we have Beckett, Bedard and Lester (if nessasary)...win 2 of 3 and we garantee ourselves at least a playoff game...sweep'em and it's over...one game at a time...Win Today!
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

We need to hope we do not need Lester on short rest on Wednesday. because we would be really hard pressed rotation wise even if we make the playoffs. Lets hope Beckett comes up big tonight and the Yanks get some offense against Shields tonight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]It took 14 inning to beat the Yankee 'B' team. Enough said.
    Posted by TexWrecks[/QUOTE]

Sox starters played both games, 23 innings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411943. Show user_4411943's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shades of 2004? : Sox starters played both games, 23 innings.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well they had to, regardless the Yankees did not have their "A" team out there but the Sox won fair and square.  I was at the game in sect 425 and as soon as Proctor came in, I congratulated the two Sox fans sitting in front of me and moved closer to the exit in anticipation of Proctor doing what he does.  Proctor won't see any postseason play, much like Laird and Golson etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412575. Show user_4412575's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shades of 2004? : Sox starters played both games, 23 innings.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well they had to, regardless the Yankees did not have their "A" team out there but the Sox won fair and square. I was at the game in sect 425 and as soon as Proctor came in, I congratulated the two Sox fans sitting in front of me and moved closer to the exit in anticipation of Proctor doing what he does. Proctor won't see any postseason play, much like Laird and Golson etc.