Shane V has the best UZR of any player at any position in MLB so far

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Shane V has the best UZR of any player at any position in MLB so far

Shane Vic has been money so far this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Pretty amazing, and I don't buy it.  But I do buy that he has been terrific in RF so far.  Not great at the plate, but good enough. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hes batting .300 with a.355 obp 8/13 BB/K, so Im not sure what you consider great. How about very very good?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OBP of .375 for a guy batting 2d. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I'll buy that. Obp for 1 and 2 should be around .375ish.

But hes been an all around + for this team and has never had a .375 OBP in his career, with .358 being his career best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

A solid standard for the spot.  But, Shane's best contribution thus far won't show up in numbers like these.  The pressure he has provided:  the extra base-taking, the fake bunts, the bunts - the little things.  I love what he is doing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Entirely agree on the fake bunts and actual bunts.  The guy plays smart.  But right now we need some actual hits, guys on base, and runs.  And better pitching.  And fewer errors. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hopefully guys like Middy and Ells will get things going.

The last time through the rotation was not good overall. Tonight we have a new start through the rotation so hopefully Jon can have a great outing. Also I heard they are going to separate Doubie and Lackey in the rotation, putting either Lester or Dempster between them to help out the pen. Maybe start that on the road trip.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Perhaps, but I can live with .350-plus for a No 2 hitter considering how he's been playing. He's even added some pop lately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Victorino on defense has been great.

However, I was very discouraged by his offense in Spring training and the first month of the season. I saw ZERO power. He looked like a total slap hitter. Visquelish. It didn't look like had the ability to hit a single homer on the season. He then stopped playing on April 24th. His first game back on May 3rd, he hit a line drive single to left field that was by far the hardest ball I had seen him hit all season. Since then he has swung much harder. He may have even changed his swing with a more pronounced leg kick. Not sure. All I know is he has hit two homers including a shot that was easily over the monster on a line. Feeling really good about Victorino now.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Somebody should start a thread about Victorino's offensive stats. Oh nevermind, that is what this one turned into.

Sealed

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Victorino on defense has been great.

However, I was very discouraged by his offense in Spring training and the first month of the season. I saw ZERO power. He looked like a total slap hitter. Visquelish. It didn't look like had the ability to hit a single homer on the season. He then stopped playing on April 24th. His first game back on May 3rd, he hit a line drive single to left field that was by far the hardest ball I had seen him hit all season. Since then he has swung much harder. He may have even changed his swing with a more pronounced leg kick. Not sure. All I know is he has hit two homers including a shot that was easily over the monster on a line. Feeling really good about Victorino now.

Vic's ST and early season numbers were the product of his electing to play in the WBC.  While there he got limited playing time and went 1-11, only playing in a few games.  He got back to the Sox with only about a week left in ST, hardly enough to develop any timing in his swing. 

I didn't expect to be saying this, but picking up Vic was one of the best moves BC made in the off season.  He's not only playing very well offensively and defensively, he's one of the clubhouse influences this team needed. 

He's doing fine.  Let's enjoy where he is. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

always liked shane - how much is in his tank remains to be seen but like johnny damon he is a gamer - which is exactly why he was signed....good move by Ben here

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ok max, he has a .375 OBP now. Time to make the move?