Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1baseball. Show 1baseball's posts

Re: Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah."

Boston fans suck worst than any other fans in this nation. Support your team and let this crap go. Every team has highs and lows. Yeah it sucks that it came when it did. Jon Lester is a hell of a player and a great person as well. He only stated the facts. You asked for it and you got it. I admire him for coming forward, he could have said nothing and left you always wondering about this. Get off your bashing and be thankful you have a player like him on your team. He made some mistakes but I think he will learn form them and move forward. SHAME ON YOU BOSTON FANS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah."

9th inning rally beer? Thats a lot of beer considering how many times the team entered the 9th needing a rally.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

For Lester, I hope he learns from this and becomes a better teamate.
    Everything else is just noise.

Hating your team?! What nonsense! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Shaughnessy is trying his best to sell us the "most loathed Boston Team in history" angle.

The first problem I have with this statement is that if I was going to hate a Boston team, I wound have hated the 1968 Boston Patriots because they were never on T.V., I would have hated the 1980-81 Boston Bruins and I would have hated the 1990 Red Sox a whole lot more, because they disappointed us too....all right, there was no chicken or beer in the locker rooms ( that we know about), but come on! we DID enjoy 4 months of this season, it wasn't a total washout.

Who is this bozo to tell me which Boston team I should hate. Why should we hate any of them? -- Zillagod
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I agree that it does seem like he's trying to get RSN to hate this team. The question is, why would he be trying to that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Who are you kidding? It will rain rubber chickens at Fenway opening day. As well it should. I already know vendors who have ordered upwards of 10,000 of them to begin the season. Rubber chickens, feathers, chicken bones, never mind the bawk bawk bawk bawks from the fans---to go along with every single person booing? Come on...you know what's going to happen. Don't be so naive. -- Greenapplesplatters
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is a ridiculous post. You're supposedly a "Boston fan" who has been posting here since 2006. How come no one knows who you are? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah.":
    [QUOTE]Shaughnessy is trying his best to sell us the "most loathed Boston Team in history" angle. The first problem I have with this statement is that if I was going to hate a Boston team, I wound have hated the 1968 Boston Patriots because they were never on T.V., I would have hated the 1980-81 Boston Bruins and I would have hated the 1990 Red Sox a whole lot more, because they disappointed us too....all right, there was no chicken or beer in the locker rooms ( that we know about), but come on! we DID enjoy 4 months of this season, it wasn't a total washout. Who is this bozo to tell me which Boston team I should hate. Why should we hate any of them? -- Zillagod --------------------------------------------------------- I agree that it does seem like he's trying to get RSN to hate this team. The question is, why would he be trying to that?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

If you ever dealt with Shaughnessy, you wouldn't have to ask.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I wonder if the consensus is that all the talk about the clubhouse is coming from Francona's camp in defense of Tito, and the players are just reacting to it and defending themselves. It could be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah.":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah." : If you ever dealt with Shaughnessy, you wouldn't have to ask.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic. Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

2004Idiots's page
    User Image
    This member hasn't added any personal information yet..

Add 2004Idiots as a friend and you'll see when 2004Idiots adds some details.

2004Idiots's Page
    All Recent Activity
    Posted 10/17/2011 6:04 PM EDT
    From MLB Trade RumorsThe Red Sox asked the Cubs to include Matt Garza as compensation for GM Theo Epstein, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com.. However, the Cubs declined and...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 3:52 PM EDT
    Dan Shaughnessy/Boston Globe Your turn, Josh Beckett. You, too, John Lackey. Time for the rest of the beer-swillin’, biscuit-eatin’, fried-chicken munchin’ Red Sox st...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 1:59 PM EDT
    1 day ago 1 day ago
    Posted 10/17/2011 1:47 PM EDT
    WEEI:Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, in an interview with the Mut & Merloni Show, discussed the recent comments by starter Jon Lester about the clubhouse issues that includ...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 1:16 PM EDT
    MikeGiardi Michael Giardi #RedSox sourcesare calling Jon Lester's comments to @PeteAbe about drinking in the clubhouse "not the whole truth. Incomplete." A friend of mine sa...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 12:33 PM EDT
    by Rob Bradford/WEEI According to Patrick Mooney of CSN Chicago,the Red Sox "are believed to be focused on" 22-year-old Cubs minor league hurler Trey McNutt as compensation f...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 9:13 AM EDT
    Hi Soxdog67; I'm looking for another Jim Lonborg.
    Posted 10/17/2011 8:56 AM EDT
    The 2012 Beckett is no longer a number 1; he doesn't have that high 90's fastball anymore and after last season his work ethic is questionable. Lester and Buchholz haven't proven t...  more >
    Posted 10/16/2011 4:17 PM EDT
    by Nick Cafardo/Boston GlobeHope his troublesome elbow, which is being examined again this week, doesn’t blow out? Hope you can get the Angels to take him back and get Vernon Wel...  more >

BDC has warned the board about using press copy in the manner.  Thread author
    has repeatedly ignored the warning and continues to keep this board mired in a toxic dumping ground.

ENOUGH!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shaughnessy:" one of his trusted warriors(Lester) has tossed him(Francona) under the Fenway Fung Wah." : It's not the point. The point is families and people spending $100 per ticket to go see a team where the players didn't support the manager, didn't support each other, and essentially didn't care as much as they should have. Zilla - You are exactly the type of fan ownership loves because come February, you will be sitting in the virtual waiting room, trying to snap up tickets in April to see the Orioles at $100 per ticket.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Bingo!! These are exactly the types of fans ownership targets with their BS. They are called 'pollyannas,' and there still too damned many of them. They may not be dumb per se, but their actions sure are. Their blind apologism to any and everything the team does simply enables ownership to continue this current philosophy of soaking the fans, while steadily decreasing the on-field product. For godsakes the team just took a dump on their heads and they're already suggesting people forget about it, which is tantamount to asking for another steaming dump on your head. They may mean well, but they're doing a tremendous amount of harm whether they know it or not.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts