Shocking News to Core Four

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Shocking News to Core Four

Not only are the Red Sox the Beast of the East, but also the best of the rest ....

what shocked the Core Four the Most

All mouths open at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

was their squad didn't even make the play-offs! 

Sorry, Jete, Steven, and all youse guys .... I saw this and had to share .... very funny stuff ...

link:  http://now.msn.com/haunted-house-photography-trick-is-a-real-treat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Shocking News to Core Four

You said what?

Holding her friend's waist 2 at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Softy WHO???

Ready to tear his arm off at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Not only are the Red Sox the Beast of the East, but also the best of the rest ....

what shocked the Core Four the Most

All mouths open at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

was their squad didn't even make the play-offs! 

Sorry, Jete, Steven, and all youse guys .... I saw this and had to share .... very funny stuff ...

link:  http://now.msn.com/haunted-house-photography-trick-is-a-real-treat

no worries Yaz-o..it's all good 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Core Four is no more

I wonder how that contingency plan is working out for them

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

hahahaha.  awesome pix.  thanks for sharing....

Leg up at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hehe ....   Line dancing at Nightmares Fear Factory haunted house - © Nightmares Fear Factory

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This is hilarious Yaz. It could also be used to show some of the posters here hearing the Sox won the WS. Just sayin'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Here's some bathwater for this thread; the general consensus at the beginning of the year was that the NYY were not expected to do well, and some predicted them to finish last. So while there's disappointment in NYY-land, there's very little, if any, shock.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Here's some bathwater for this thread; the general consensus at the beginning of the year was that the NYY were not expected to do well, and some predicted them to finish last. So while there's disappointment in NYY-land, there's very little, if any, shock.

Except that you predicted the Sox would be in fifth, fighting for last place. You put it in so many threads, I actually told you "we got it, we know you how you feel and you don't need to keep repeating it." I guessing you're surprised.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Except that you predicted the Sox would be in fifth, fighting for last place. You put it in so many threads, I actually told you "we got it, we know you how you feel and you don't need to keep repeating it." I guessing you're surprised.

Yes, the RS had an extraordinary comeback. Along those lines, others here, including RS fans, predicted the RS would finish last as well. Also, I felt the RS would win 80-85 games in a brutal division; which is what Moon predicted as well, so it would have been a strong last. Moon also predicted the NYY 1st, and I predicted Toronto 1st; I guess we both missed that by a bunch.

And, I predicted the NYY would be fourth; which means they still would have been out of the playoffs. Which is the subject of this thread.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Yes, the RS had an extraordinary comeback. Along those lines, others here, including RS fans, predicted the RS would finish last as well. Also, I felt the RS would win 80-85 games in a brutal division; which is what Moon predicted as well, so it would have been a strong last. Moon also predicted the NYY 1st, and I predicted Toronto 1st; I guess we both missed that by a bunch.

And, I predicted the NYY would be fourth; which means they still would have been out of the playoffs. Which is the subject of this thread.  

Except I was not posting all my negative comments on a Yankee board. And I doubt Moon was either. Nor am I celebrating thier dismal season on a Yankee board. I still think you were out of line trying to fill threads with your doom and gloom posts for the Sox this season, not matter the outcome. The point of saying "we get it" was to get you to stop since posters who like those kind of rival team comments were never saying a word.

I do think there's a difference between what fans say, and what Yankee fans say on a Sox board. Again, that's why you won't find me on a Yankee board telling them how horrible it turned out for them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

Except I was not posting all my negative comments on a Yankee board. And I doubt Moon was either. Nor am I celebrating thier dismal season on a Yankee board. I still think you were out of line trying to fill threads with your doom and gloom posts for the Sox this season, not matter the outcome. The point of saying "we get it" was to get you to stop since posters who like those kind of rival team comments were never saying a word.

I do think there's a difference between what fans say, and what Yankee fans say on a Sox board. Again, that's why you won't find me on a Yankee board telling them how horrible it turned out for them.

Your usual excuse.

Yawn .

If you haven't done so already, I suggest you put that blurb in a template; it's your "fall-back" shpiel.

And BTW, I don't recall the 'we get it responses', and I believe I posted the RS prediction TWICE. And let's not forget I've also posted positive threads about the RS, and have been here all year, rain or shine, while it appears you decided to pop in after a 5-6 month hiatus, and then pass judgement on who/why posts here .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Good job.

Feel better?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Good job.

Feel better?

Good one ... I think

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

All I knew going into this season was the Sox would be better than the yankees.  I figured the yankees to be somewhere around .500 and the Sox to be b/t 85 and 89 games.

Who is the new core four?

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

That's some contingency plan Cashman had there.  The guy's grand plan was to ride out what Gene Michael did for as long as humanly possibly whilst supplementing the roster with the highest paid free agents available at the time.  Brilliant.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

All I knew going into this season was the Sox would be better than the yankees.  I figured the yankees to be somewhere around .500 and the Sox to be b/t 85 and 89 games.

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

That's some contingency plan Cashman had there.  The guy's grand plan was to ride out what Gene Michael did for as long as humanly possibly whilst supplementing the roster with the highest paid free agents available at the time.  Brilliant.

One cannot argue with the truth; except I wouldn't call it the New Core Four; U think Teix & Sabathia, with their injuries and issues, will be here until the 2020s? It's more like Cashman's SMOR-GAS-BORD

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

One cannot argue with the truth; except I wouldn't call it the New Core Four; U think Teix & Sabathia, with their injuries and issues, will be here until the 2020s? It's more like Cashman's SMOR-GAS-BORD

that's my entire point.  It is impossible to build a team around a core group of players for 10+ years if you realy on Free Agency to do it.  The ONLY way that is possible is through the farm system.  And that ain't exactly Cashman's strong suit.  The point is you will never see another Core Four again as long as he is running the show.  So my advice to you is every October to dust off the old yankee classics on DVD and just try and pretent the Red Sox are still playing baseball year in and year out!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

that's my entire point.  It is impossible to build a team around a core group of players for 10+ years if you realy on Free Agency to do it.  The ONLY way that is possible is through the farm system.  And that ain't exactly Cashman's strong suit.  The point is you will never see another Core Four again as long as he is running the show.  So my advice to you is every October to dust off the old yankee classics on DVD and just try and pretent the Red Sox are still playing baseball year in and year out!!!!

You may very well be right; however after 2014 my guess is they'll spend again, regardless of the lessons learned (or not) on long term contracts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

You may very well be right; however after 2014 my guess is they'll spend again, regardless of the lessons learned (or not) on long term contracts.

[/QUOTE]

Correct, after 2014 you will see their payroll skyrocket to an outlandish $250,000,000

But that will never get them a CORE FOUR for a DECADE.  So......I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what Bill James said ~30 years ago. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

Correct, after 2014 you will see their payroll skyrocket to an outlandish $250,000,000

But that will never get them a CORE FOUR for a DECADE.  So......I can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sabathia

Texeria

Robertson

Gardener

?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The game has changed a lot recently.  Free agents are consistently tested by multiple teams.  It used to primarily the NYY and RS competing, and they weren't always interested in the same players.  Now, you have Philly, both LA's, Detroit, and sometimes TX offering top dollar.  The NYY can still land these guys, but if you need a team of FAs, without prospects, it is incredibly expensive.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good job.

Feel better?

Good one ... I think

Steve .... quite a follow on from your original comments.

While you were being realistic about your team's 2013 season, I admit I never count out the Bombers.  Remembering the injuries that shot the season to hades, I admire scrappiness.  The seasons we have had traumatic injuries and showed grit were some of the most admirable. 

I was, of course, making a play of the core four of the Torre years ...

But the funny pics ... with the four freaked out guys in the first pic ... just brought out a four guys thought. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

[QUOTE]

Good job.

Feel better?

Good one ... I think

Steve .... quite a follow on from your original comments.

While you were being realistic about your team's 2013 season, I admit I never count out the Bombers.  Remembering the injuries that shot the season to hades, I admire scrappiness.  The seasons we have had traumatic injuries and showed grit were some of the most admirable. 

I was, of course, making a play of the core four of the Torre years ...

But the funny pics ... with the four freaked out guys in the first pic ... just brought out a four guys thought. 

[/QUOTE]

From that perspective, Agreed. And right now, RS  are on a roll; if they roll over everybody, I'll be glad for you and a few others here.

Sections
Shortcuts