SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........

Next up Punto, for a bag of balls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........:
       Next up Punto, for a bag of balls.
    Posted by attic-dan

Only wish. That would be generous of the other team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Anyone who thinks this is a smart move, needs some serious counseling. Saltalamacchia should have been the one to go. Now we have two catchers with no experience, one of whom is not a real catcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I thought Shoppach was a keeper.  I liked having all 3 guys on the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........:
    I thought Shoppach was a keeper.  I liked having all 3 guys on the team.
    Posted by andrewmitch

Me too, but I guess Boston want to stack an extra bullpen pitcher to keep the bullpen fresh. 

Now Lavarnway will play almost every game as a catcher or DH until Papi come back.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Mark this day. Bailey finally makes debut!
    I wonder how long it will be before he's back on the DL. I say 2 weeks.
    Any takers?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Mark this day. Bailey finally makes debut! I wonder how long it will be before he's back on the DL. I say 2 weeks. Any takers?
    Posted by Alibiike

Sure, I'll take the over on that, just for fun.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Thanks to Shoppach for a fine season, but we need Lavarnway in the lineup.  We have two many first or second pitch swinging guys - Lavarnway will work the count.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

This is a great move so that Lavarnway can get some quality at bats for the rest of the season.  He will get a chance that would not have been available with Shoppach still on the team.

I liked a lot of what Shoppach did this season, but I do not think that he was going to lead the team to the playoffs this year.

Larvarnway will get to show himself defensively as well.  If he was the best catcher in the International League he should be good enough to at least be a back up catcher for the next 6 weeks.

The next guy that I want to see get to prove himself is Iglesius.  No better time for a 4th place club to look at a few possible starters for the 2013 season. 

Other teams bring up young guys and give them a look much more often than Boston seems to do.  Baltimore just brought up Macado from Double A and inserted him right in at 3rd base which was not even the position he was playing all year.

It will not be a bad idea to bring up the ex Cubs pitcher who is in Pawtucket (can' remember his name for anything at the moment) to see if he is worth looking at for next year, too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I am surprised to hear that BV rather to play Lavarnway than Shoppach behind the plate. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Salty was the one that needs to go before his FA years. Shoppach was a good catcher, Salty is not.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

Saltalamacchia is a bum. Can't hit, can't catch, can't throw. The only thing he does well is strike out, especially with men in RISP and two out. And on throws to the plate, it better be on the fly or an easy one-hopper because it will get by him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

In Response to Re: SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........ : to be named later.
    Posted by mryazz

Hostess snowballs for Beckett & Lackey????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I liked shoppach to. Does this mean we have given up?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Honestly though...Good Move, he was a short term, gap guy anyway.  Somehow I knew Bill would be pleased. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........ : The next "CARLTON FISK"  !!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

LET ME BE PERFECTLY CLEAR SON:

"THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER CARLTON FISK AGAIN"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: SHOPPACH to the METS, Let the "TRANSFORMATION" begin........ : Saltalamacchia is a bum. Can't hit, can't catch, can't throw. The only thing he does well is strike out, especially with men in RISP and two out. And on throws to the plate, it better be on the fly or an easy one-hopper because it will get by him.
    Posted by Alibiike

I think the pine tar coating his left shoulder is the reason for his limited range behind the plate.  The extra globs also cause extra friction when he swings, which is why he can't catch up to those breaking balls down and in....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

How do you really feel about Salty Ike?

Sections
Shortcuts