Short Sample Trends II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Re: Short Sample Trends II

In Response to Re: Short Sample Trends II:
    Embarrassing is the following statements: 1. Lowrie is an elite MLB SS 2. 5 gold gloves mean nothing
    Posted by majorleague

The "ONE TRICK PONY" rides again!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Although the Jake bashing and hating has lessened a bit... it's been mostly reactive recently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Slavic, please provide evidence that the Astros are "talking about trading Hall". He has had recent multi-hit games, in what is a very long season. Great clubhouse guy and multi-talented guy who was a better pitcher than Wakefield is right now. His type aren't popular in Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

"His type aren't popular in Boston."  Do you mean players with sub .300 OBP?  Seriously, though, I really liked Hall last year ... what a team player.  That said, there was no way he was coming back to Boston since we didn't have a starting spot for him ...  and it was a good decision.

I just took a tour of Wake's career numbers.  I am really not sure what you have against him especially at his low cost.  His stats are pretty typical for a #5 starter and he has been nothing if not consistent (season stats that is ... not game to game).  He may be getting to the edge of marginal for a #5 but he is acceptable as a mop-up BP / emergency starter.  He is also a great team player.  If I were a GM I wouldn't go out and hire the guy but given his tenure with the team, track record etc, he is an acceptable spot on the roster.  Probably his last year anyway.  I only say this because he is white of course.  I'm just a biased native New Englander after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Imagine if Jake or Jed had BHall's numbers right now.

Nuff said.

PS To the annoying lil gnat buzzing around my threads he calls "lame", I live in Houston. I have heard and read much talk about him being traded, including Drayton Mclane mentioning it on a sports talk show a couple weeks ago. He said there were "a couple teams" inquiring about him, but wanted him to pay most of his contract, and that he didn't see anything happening until July. 

Maybe new management really likes Bill.

Here's but one article:

The Astros have staked a pretty strong claim on the basement of the NL Central and are heading towards being sellers when the trade deadline rolls around.

The problem is that the Astros are a rebuilding team and have been playing a number of their young prospects. This means that there aren't many veterans on the team that they will be willing to move, but I have come up with five players who may be in different uniforms by the end of the season. 

Bill Hall was the only notable free-agent signing this offseason, but with how well Angel Sanchez has played as a starter, how Matt Downs has done in limited action and how Jeff Keppinger is soon to come off the DL, Hall could be the odd man out. The Astros have not had a problem trading away free-agent signings in their first years, with Pedro Feliz coming to mind last year.

Hall has not lived up to expectations, hitting only .219, with one home run and nine RBI. At 31 years of age, Hall is not part of the Astros' long-term plan, and since he only signed a one-year deal, trading him at the deadline could bring back a prospect or two. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't want to short sample trend Bard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts