Should BEN look to move Clay Buchholz ??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Should BEN look to move Clay Buchholz ??????

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree.  Hope ARod comes back. They can have a high paid geriatric section in the clubhouse, walled off from the little people.

[/QUOTE]

If Arod doesnt get the full suspension of 200+ games, and say its less than 162, What money would count against the LT? Does he sit, say for 150 games without pay or does the $$ still count against the LT?

[/QUOTE]

if he's suspsened he doesn't get paid and thus it won't count against the LT

but staying under the LT threshold was pretty much tossed out the window whey the acquired Beltran.  Are the yankees capable of anything other than writing big checks?  God I love Cashman - I hope they give him a lifetime contract!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Not buying the injury excuse. Yes, the Yankees had some injuries, but so did every other team. The Sox lost our best pitcher for months and won a ring with him still not right. We lost our two closers (and found another one); Miller was lost for the season; Morales missed a lot of time; Vic missed time as did Ellsbury and others (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/boston-red-sox/injuries.html). While the NYY injury report is impressive (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/new-york-yankees/injuries.html) they simply did not have the organizational depth to survive their injuries and succeed. We did. That is the difference IMO.

[/QUOTE]

+1

Nail + Head

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can see the BDC braintrust is dimming over the winter meetings.....

Let's please recall Billy from his impromptu trip down south!!!

No whispering in BC's ear while you're skulking around down there Billy!

[/QUOTE]And to this day, there has been zero mention to what the ACTUAL CAUSE/PROBLEM was for Clay's 3 month work stopage???   Just saying !!

[/QUOTE]

Bursitis in his shoulder. It was said a number of times Bill.

[/QUOTE]"LET ME BE CLEAR"........  Only the "BIG O" deals with more secrecy than the daily reports on  "DAY TO DAY CLAY'  !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Remains quiet on the Clay Buchholz front .....  There must be a concern some where on Yawkey Way !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Looks like Bill has a new toy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like Bill has a new toy.

[/QUOTE]Not really .........  However, I would think that everyone has concerns about Clay....... Yes he had a great start last year, but because of his inability to "take the ball" the best  "S S in the WORLD"  is now playing in DETROIT !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Not buying the injury excuse. Yes, the Yankees had some injuries, but so did every other team. The Sox lost our best pitcher for months and won a ring with him still not right. We lost our two closers (and found another one); Miller was lost for the season; Morales missed a lot of time; Vic missed time as did Ellsbury and others (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/boston-red-sox/injuries.html). While the NYY injury report is impressive (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/teams/new-york-yankees/injuries.html) they simply did not have the organizational depth to survive their injuries and succeed. We did. That is the difference IMO.

On top of that, they put themselves in a position to have more injuries.  Look at the guys that got injured-

• Tex-33
    • Jeter-39
    • ARod-37
    • Youk-34, with a long history of injuries

And they missed almost nothing from their pitching staff.  Granderson was a bad break, but the other guys were older, more prone to injuries, and less likely to return quickly because of age.  They had the highest average age for both hitting and pitching.  Out of 30 teams, no one has an average age of 30, and the NYY were at 31.8.

And before the NYY come in to complain, I have said that about the RS.  Every year, it seems I am lamenting that TB is healthier than us.  But I know I can't complain because they are starting a lot of prospects.  They were supposed to be healthier than us.

Sections
Shortcuts