Should BV be fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toyman6931. Show toyman6931's posts

Should BV be fired

I'd rather say dismissed rather than fired.  I don't totally blame him for the teams failure since it is the demise of the players moreso than the manager.  The pitching staff is basically the same that tanked last September.
    I just don't believe he has the capacity to manage a experience team.  He mouths off before he thinks.  He didn't relate to the coaches he inherited.  He also was not the first choie of Cherrinton.  Should Larry L bematained?  I believe he has overstay his welcome. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Should BV be fired

That interview today was whacked. I have to say that BV treats the media the same way the media treats everyone else and they cannot handle it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Bobby is half manager/half media guy himself. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to toyman6931s comment:

Id rather say dismissed rather than fired.  I don't totally blame him for the teams failure since it is the demise of the players moreso than the manager.  The pitching staff is basically the same that tanked last September.
    I just dont believe he has the capacity to manage a experience team.  He mouths off before he thinks.  He didnt relate to the coaches he inherited.  He also was not the first choie of Cherrinton.  Should Larry L bematained?  I believe he has overstay his welcome. 

My guess is that Bobby and his entire staff will be let go this winter and he will spend the next year sipping margheritas by the pool and making cameo appreances on MLB network...

Not sure that you got the memo but the architect of the team, that broke camp this year the one that collapse last year, now resides on the northside of Chicago...His name aint Luccino nor Cherington...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

No, at least not before the season ends.

He is obviously not the answer here, never was. But firing him now lets the FO and players off the hook for the disaster of 2012 - and this year's fiasco rightly falls on them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I know I'm in the minority, but I believe he is obviously the right man. He is an excellent judge of talent and is especially good with younger players. There will be more younger players on the roster next year. So I'm in favor of Bobby V. being brought back next year and even beyond that.
    Just for the record, I believe that Farrell was not a good pitching coach and a worse manager.  He is not the answer. Again, Bobby has my vote.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I have been a BV supporter all season---he has now become the center of attention---the team is secondary. It is time for Bobby V to move on and time for  the PawSox coaching staff to move into the Fenway dugout for the remainder of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I actually agree with you on Farrell, I'm not a big fan of his, I felt he was overrated. However, when you say you are in the minority, I laugh, because certainly you were in the majority for a very long time, and still BV gets defended by way too many fans for doing basically a terrible job. Never seen a guy get to use so many excuses when the previous manager had no margin for error for fans who crucified him. 

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

I know I'm in the minority, but I believe he is obviously the right man. He is an excellent judge of talent and is especially good with younger players. There will be more younger players on the roster next year. So I'm in favor of Bobby V. being brought back next year and even beyond that.
    Just for the record, I believe that Farrell was not a good pitching coach and a worse manager.  He is not the answer. Again, Bobby has my vote.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdfun. Show bdfun's posts

Yes do it now, shout it out, tweet it, facebook it and make sure you apologize for your mistake. I know this seems harsh but it is no different than BV has treated some of his players. I have been looking for a good quote to throw in here and I think I found it today in the form of a tweet from Pete. " PeteAbe Can we stop accusing Bobby Valentine of "erratic behavior?" He made some smart-ass comments, he's not wandering in traffic." While I agree he is a smart-ass BV would not be wandering in traffic, he would be riding his bike in traffic but since PA has felt it necessary to defend BV once again it makes me wonder why? The only answer I can up with is that Pete feels sorry for him and that someone needs to defend him.

Trying to keep this short so I would like to add that I have been against his hiring since they announced his interview and in some ways it makes me angry that the front office hired him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I was hoping we'd have another thread on this subject.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

At the end of the season most definitely.  For now, it doesn't seem to matter.