should CHEATERS have their contracts VOIDED?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: should CHEATERS have their contracts VOIDED?

As if the the Yankees didn't know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

In response to vtfanofcs' comment:

yes and also throw them out of the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Vt Fan--you are right---unless they stuck their heads in the sand--tell the world you didn't know  Melky and ARod were juicing???

If management knew and did nothing about it--- The Yankees and the Brewers should be fined the amount of the contracts in question--then ARod or Braunn--lose money but also the Yankees and Brewers don't benefit financially from it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

Vt Fan--you are right---unless they stuck their heads in the sand--tell the world you didn't know  Melky and ARod were juicing???

If management knew and did nothing about it--- The Yankees and the Brewers should be fined the amount of the contracts in question--then ARod or Braunn--lose money but also the Yankees and Brewers don't benefit financially from it.

[/QUOTE]

The same could be said about Gagne and the Red Sox.

I think there was a reasonable expectation that MLB was making an attempt to clean up the game, in the late 2000's.

So, while GMs probably had their suspicions about certain players, I think they believed testing was convincing said players not to use.

That said, the new CBA should provide for an out clause in contracts, in the case of PED use.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to vtfanofcs's comment:

Very true. In the case of Arod the yankee organization turned the other way and applauded his success and rewarded it with a monster contract.

BTW, the yankees aren't alone in that regard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

TAKE PEDY.. IF ITS FOUND OUT next year he's been juicing y should we b stuck with honoring the 7 years of his new deal? thats fraud.. that should b built into the next CBA.. the team has within 2 years to void your deal after you test positive, in addition you get 100 games or a full season for the first suspension and a full 2years the second time. the third time ur gone as A-roids should b!

right now, guys make strategic calculations like ryan fraud. lets see, you lose 3% of ur income from your last deal but still get your $120m+ from the other stuff regardless of how much u trend down and dont perform due to lack of PEDs. something doesnt seem fair about that. clearly he doesnt get the years or numbers if clear he was a juicer. ditto with rod. its the only way to stop the cheaters or maximize the deterrence. you get busted, u really lose everything!

Understanding that you are pretty much a troll and attempting to "push people's buttons", congratulations.  You pushed mine.

You implication with no evidence whatsoever that Pedroia might be in any way associated with PED's is a cheap shot that's beyond despicable, especially considering the timing. It's very easy to hide behind a screen name and post things like that on BDC, but for me I'd like nothing better than to have you make that implication to Pedroia's face.  And then I'd also like to see you try to get up after he got done with you. 

I suggest a new screenname for you, "Coward Communist Contrarian".  You have now earned the right to be the ONLY person I have on ignore. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

should?  yes.

will it happen?  no.

the Players Union will have lost all it's power if they allow voided contract for 1st or 2nd time offenders. 

i will be shocked if they allow that in the next deal.  if they do, the irony will be that steroids weakened MLB players.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

As a Red Sox fan, I want the Yankees to keep paying every single penny to A-Rod and count his salary toward to their payroll account every single year.  Screw the Yankee. 

But there are alot other cheaters out there who doesnt play for the Yankees.  You cant just void contract cuz they do lose pay while they are on 25 to 100 games suspension anyway.  

Still I think MLB need to have NFL like system where they can waive players no matter they are a cheater or not.  I am tire of seeing bunch of teams being stuck with guarantee contract eventhought they wish to get rid of them.  

So I do not think we should just say void their contract. I think MLB just need to change their system like NFL where they can waive players and dont owe them money anymore!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Parties are free negotiate the language of any contract.

Management and the players union can negotiate a contract within the bounds of the law.

A player (through his agent) and a team can negotiate a contract within the bounds of the MLB Collective Bargaining Agreement and the law.

Typically, neither side gets everything it wants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You can not assume the team knows when a player is using PEDS you just can't. It is not like an alcoholic who you see drunk three times a week. I bet there are even people we all know, who are using some drug but we do not know they are.

PEDS users are using away from the team. It is not like when uppers were available in the clubhouse. There HS players using and only a select few might know.

However I do agree there should be some sort of monetary hit. Braun is getting that by not being paid the rest of the year. As far as the future I would suggest that if he does not perform as he did before the suspension that the team can cut his pay according to the average of what players at his position are being paid.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

TAKE PEDY.. IF ITS FOUND OUT next year he's been juicing y should we b stuck with honoring the 7 years of his new deal? thats fraud.. that should b built into the next CBA.. the team has within 2 years to void your deal after you test positive, in addition you get 100 games or a full season for the first suspension and a full 2years the second time. the third time ur gone as A-roids should b!

right now, guys make strategic calculations like ryan fraud. lets see, you lose 3% of ur income from your last deal but still get your $120m+ from the other stuff regardless of how much u trend down and dont perform due to lack of PEDs. something doesnt seem fair about that. clearly he doesnt get the years or numbers if clear he was a juicer. ditto with rod. its the only way to stop the cheaters or maximize the deterrence. you get busted, u really lose everything!

it's highly unlikely it would take til next year to find out if Pedroia was juicing...which FTR...while you never know...i'd say no way...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to S5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Understanding that you are pretty much a troll and attempting to "push people's buttons", congratulations.  You pushed mine.

You implication with no evidence whatsoever that Pedroia might be in any way associated with PED's is a cheap shot that's beyond despicable, especially considering the timing. It's very easy to hide behind a screen name and post things like that on BDC, but for me I'd like nothing better than to have you make that implication to Pedroia's face.  And then I'd also like to see you try to get up after he got done with you. 

I suggest a new screenname for you, "Coward Communist Contrarian".  You have now earned the right to be the ONLY person I have on ignore. 

[/QUOTE]

5...You've got my support

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

All cheaters should have their contracts voided except for those players signed by the Yankees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

All cheaters should have their contracts voided except for those players signed by the Yankees.

LOL...hey mex!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Laughing

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

What about trades?  If the Yankees get to void A-Rod's contract, shouldn't they have to rescind the Pineda for Montero (if connected to biogenesis) trade?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

also think they should lose major awards.. kemp should get his mvp award!

[/QUOTE] he was on Mike & Mike this morning, he was lukewarm when asked if he'd accept that MVP

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It would be great if teams could void contracts of guilty players but the players association or union would never agree to it.   I never see it happening but it definitely would be beneficial for all MLB teams if this happened. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

It would be great if teams could void contracts of guilty players but the players association or union would never agree to it.   I never see it happening but it definitely would be beneficial for all MLB teams if this happened. 

It would definitely elevate the risk for players considering the use and no doubt reduce the amount of cheaters.