Should Farrell shake up the lineup like Leyland?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Should Farrell shake up the lineup like Leyland?

I say yes. there is no production coming from a few players and I think with the series tied 2-2 now, there is no time to play favorites.

Drew vs. RHP with Xander at 3b

Xander at SS vs LHP in place of Drew.

Id also slip Vic down a few slots and have Xander in the 2 hole when hes plahying.

Just a few ideas...lets hear yours.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Should Farrell shake up the lineup like Leyland?

Leyland "shakeup" wouldn't have worked if Peavy had thrown more strikes.

There is no defense for loading the bases and walking guys repeatedly.

Peavy brought back nightmares of Matsuzaka.

And I was just starting to convince myself to believe in him and that this was a "good" trade afterall...silly me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And I was just starting to convince myself to believe in him and that this was a "good" trade afterall...silly me.

[/QUOTE]

Lots of "blame" to go around Zill, not just peavy. I agree he was terrible last night, but wasnt the sole reason they lost. Pedeys booted ball, 10+ LOB and 2-16 with RISP. They NEED a shakeup tonight for sure. the offense is non-existent and if I were a Sox pitcher, Id be sweating bullets knowing I have to be almost perfect with the way the offense is going.

Peavy was great against the rays and only got taken out because Farrell started playing the percentages vs a LHH. We should have torched Fister last night. No excuses.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ok guys, instead of placing blame, lets say what changes we would make if we were managing this team. Ive named a few already, and Id like to hear everone elses and their reasons.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lots of "blame" to go around Zill, not just peavy. I agree he was terrible last night, but wasnt the sole reason they lost. Pedeys booted ball, 10+ LOB and 2-16 with RISP. They NEED a shakeup tonight for sure. the offense is non-existent and if I were a Sox pitcher, Id be sweating bullets knowing I have to be almost perfect with the way the offense is going.

Peavy was great against the rays and only got taken out because Farrell started playing the percentages vs a LHH. We should have torched Fister last night. No excuses.

[/QUOTE]

Once again I agree. No way their #4 started should have owned our offense the way he did. Just no way.

[/QUOTE]

People have to get past this 1-4 label thing.  It's all relative to the team you are on.  Fister would be a #2/#3 guy on most other teams. He's a good pitcher; he's just not in a class with their big 3.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

Okay.  I'd have swapped Ross and Bogaerts; having Xander in the 9 hole can be viewed as a second lead off guy and, in the unlikely event Ross gets on, move a potential base clogger out of the way ahead of Bogaerts and Ellsbury should they reach.  Others may disagree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

I like the lineup...vs LHP I put Xander at SS in place of Drew. Lester with Ross works good. I might put Xander in the 2 hole and Vic down to 8th, but I have no issue with them sticking it out with Vic at #2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I wouldn't do anything different , just have faith in the guys that carried the team all season.

If you are a hockey coach and your Vezina winning goalie has a bad night....do you start the backup in a crucial game?

Not on your life.

The ace is on the mound, he is coming off a great game.

Put out your best lineup and go with it.

If you lose, you still have homefield advantage....al is not lost yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I wouldn't do anything different , just have faith in the guys that carried the team all season.

If you are a hockey coach and your Vezina winning goalie has a bad night....do you start the backup in a crucial game?

Not on your life.

[/QUOTE]

good post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to illinoisredsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

Okay.  I'd have swapped Ross and Bogaerts; having Xander in the 9 hole can be viewed as a second lead off guy and, in the unlikely event Ross gets on, move a potential base clogger out of the way ahead of Bogaerts and Ellsbury should they reach.  Others may disagree.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If Bogaerts does get a hit or two, what will Ross do to move him along? They'd be better off with Bogaerts hitting back to back with Ellsbury.  Plus Ross clogs up the bases. Bogaerts and Ellsbury back to back is a speed threat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

I like the lineup...vs LHP I put Xander at SS in place of Drew. Lester with Ross works good. I might put Xander in the 2 hole and Vic down to 8th, but I have no issue with them sticking it out with Vic at #2.

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be better with Ross - Bogaerts - Ellsbury vs. Bogaerts - Ross - Ellsbury.  Don't have two hitting threats surrounding a dead out. There's a good chance if Bogaerts gets a hit, he either will be taken off the bases via a Ross DP or a K by Ross.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

Not on your life.

[/QUOTE]

So tell me which "Vezina winning goalie" is sitting? I wouldn't call Middlebrooks or Drew Vezina winning goalies. And how is your best lineup with Middy and Drew? They are 2 for 23 this series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be better with Ross - Bogaerts - Ellsbury vs. Bogaerts - Ross - Ellsbury.  Don't have two hitting threats surrounding a dead out. There's a good chance if Bogaerts gets a hit, he either will be taken off the bases via a Ross DP or a K by Ross.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, your right. I agree. Good call

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep Bogaerts down at the bottom; the kids going to be feeling enough pressure without having to bat in a prime offensive slot in a game of this magnitude for the first time in the majors.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

What's there to shake up?  The four best hitters by far in the Sox lineup are Ellsbury, Vic, Pedroia, and Ortiz, and three of them ain't hitting.  And before last night Ellsbury wasn't either.  Face it:  the Sox have a very tough time hitting the Tigers rotation.  Not Drew has a problem.  Not Middlebrooks has a problem.  Not Napoli or Gomes or Vic or Pedey or Ortiz has a problem.  Everyone has a problem.    Two dingers have kept the Sox in this thing, plus a great bullpen and Lackey vs. Verlander.  Lester was great vs. Sanchez, but the Sox got exactly one hit.  One hit. 

Last night in the 9th Ellsbury sat on 3B while Vic and Pedroia struck out and Big Papi hit a harmless grounder for the final out. 

Leyland tinkering with the lineup did not cause Peavy to walk 3 guys in the 2d or the Sox not to convert a double play ball. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Lineups are out:

Ellsbury

Victorino

Pedroia

Ortiz

Napoli

Gomes

Drew

Bogaerts

Ross

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Keep Bogaerts down at the bottom; the kids going to be feeling enough pressure without having to bat in a prime offensive slot in a game of this magnitude for the first time in the majors.

[/QUOTE]

I have no issue with that either, but he has showed so much patience and poise in some pressure situation I have a lot of faith he can handle it. Im good either way.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

S. Drew was 0 for 2 with 2 strikeouts and a walk against Sanchez in Game 1.

[/QUOTE]

That put him near the top of Red Sox offensive performances from game 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

S. Drew was 0 for 2 with 2 strikeouts and a walk against Sanchez in Game 1.

[/QUOTE]

That put him near the top of Red Sox offensive performances from game 1.

[/QUOTE]

Softy doesnt like Drew, so just like Ells he will let that personal disdain control is opinions and game decisions he would make whether they make sense or not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

How many games has Bogaerts played at 3rd, in the majors. That's not a question!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

More than he has played at SS, in the majors!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

why all the "yelling"!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Sections
Shortcuts