Should Iglesias be up in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Re: Should Iglesias be up in Boston

Most posters are ignorant. Since they don't see how many balls are routine plays for one guy and "hits" on another guy they pretend that SS is just not getting noticed on defense and getting noticed on offense.

Better to have a guy at SS who has tremendous range, good arm and quick release and soft hands who hits low .200's than it is to have a guy who has almost no range at all and who hits well against LHP. Errors from a guy with no range is the ultimate butcher. Those who don't understand what SS is about don't understand baseball. Jeter won 5 gold gloves because he had range and could make the more difficult plays.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

It would be amazing how much better the Defense on this team would Look If there were more timely hits from this bunch !! I'm tired about all the talk about Defense, this is not the NFL. Nobody on this team is getting paid because they're defensive wizards !! Hit the ball already and stop stranding every guy that reaches scoring position and the Defense will be fine !! Last thing this team needs is another guy batting below .200 !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL ... Jeter won 5 gold gloves because he wouldn't let A-Rod play SS for the Yankees  !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't know why this is even arguable. Iglesias may be a good prospect but he is not ready for prime time, at this point.  If you look at his stats, he is not even ready for AAA ball.  In 37 games at Pawtucket he is batting .233 , with an OBP of .271 and an OPS of .512. He has no home runs. Speed? He has one stolen base, and has been caught once. As for his vaunted defense; we are going by his reputation only. We have not seen it on the field. At Pawtucket, in 37 games to date, he has committed seven errors.  He has a long way to go before he plays shortstop for the Sox.  I agree with an earlier post that the Sox should at least inquire of the Mets what it would take to get Reyes , if the payroll can handle that, of course. I would certainly include Iglesias in any deal for Reyes.