Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's?

Game 1 - Josh Beckett
    Game 2 - Erik Bedard
    Game 3 - TBD

I personally think game 3 will be the playoff factor.  On short 3 day rest, should Lester start?  I say yes.  Jon Lester is perfect against O's so far with 14-0 record.  He got the win against them this season which was the only start.  Lester never lost more than 9 games in a single season in his career.  If he starts on Wed, I bet he wants that streak alive as well.  However his latest starts were very shaky.  He allowed 16 earned runs during his last 13.2 innings.  Opponents walked 8 times and got 21 hits against Lester.  But all three games were against division rivals (2 with Rays, 1 with Yanks)
    I say start Lester on Wed, He's perfect against O's and he will keep it that way.  Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's?

I would think so, if he feels good to go. Only threw 55 pitches before he was knocked out. He'd be our best option, even as bad as he's been lately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sadsax. Show sadsax's posts

it's called least of all evils. not confidence inspiring, but still least of all evils.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

In Response to Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's?:
    [QUOTE]Game 1 - Josh Beckett Game 2 - Erik Bedard Game 3 - TBD I personally think game 3 will be the playoff factor.  On short 3 day rest, should Lester start?  I say yes.  Jon Lester is perfect against O's so far with 14-0 record.  He got the win against them this season which was the only start.  Lester never lost more than 9 games in a single season in his career.  If he starts on Wed, I bet he wants that streak alive as well.  However his latest starts were very shaky.  He allowed 16 earned runs during his last 13.2 innings.  Opponents walked 8 times and got 21 hits against Lester.  But all three games were against division rivals (2 with Rays, 1 with Yanks) I say start Lester on Wed, He's perfect against O's and he will keep it that way.  Your thoughts?

Yes, if we don't have the wildcard sewed up by then.  If we do, no.

Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think it is listed as TBD due to not knowing if we will need the win. If we need it , of course Lester will start.  If we can clinch before that , Lester will start game 1 of the ALDS.  At this point , there is really no other way to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's?:
    [QUOTE]I think it is listed as TBD due to not knowing if we will need the win. If we need it , of course Lester will start.  If we can clinch before that , Lester will start game 1 of the ALDS.  At this point , there is really no other way to go.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Pretty simple if we win the next two and the Rays split, we clinch...Miller pitches the final game...if it's a must win game it's Lester...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Johnny-Chokes???? Really?

I would hate to see Johnny-Chokes pitch in a must-win game.  Very scary indeed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's? :
    Posted by REBEL[/QUOTE]

Even if we lose game 1 and 2, we still have chance to win WC race.  We are up by 1.  And plus, Rays' not going to sweep Yankess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Rays have very good chance of getting 2 wins out of the series against Yankees.  Shields and Hellikson have era under 3.  and they are going against Noesi and Colon.  I see Rays win first two games and Yanks getting the 3rd.  They are not gonna want to get swept right before going into the playoff.  This is why Sox' game 3 will be the playoff factor.  Must win game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Johnny-Chokes and Must-Win are Polar Opposites

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm going to say start somebody else, because it's a game our offense is more likely to win on their own than either a play-in game against the Rays or game 1 of the ALDS.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I guess you start the guy but he's been horrible his last three starts. During that period he gave up 16 runs in 13 innings on 21 hits. Awhile back he had a 44 pitch 1st inning and followed that with an 111 pitch effort that lasted  4th+ innings before he was mercifully pulled. I'd start Aceves, who has pitched way better, but Tito will most certainly not want to damage Lester's ego, so he'll probably get the nod.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Rumor has it Theo is still trying to make a trade for a pitcher to make ONE start - and he wants the guy for Wednesday Night

DESPERATE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Lester may be a better choice if Sox need to win the last game of the season to order to get into the wildcard spot.  By skipping him and Sox get bombed, then Sox could either be out of the playoff contention or be force to play one game playoff game. 

But if Sox clinch the wildcard spot before he is going to pitch the last game of the year, then therefore, Tito will not start him.

So since that game is his turn to pitch anyway.  

Dont worry guys!!  Tito know what he is doing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If Beckett pitches a gem tonight and the Rays lose, the outlook will look much better.

Conversly, if the opposite happens, Francona has to manage games as if each one will be his last.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]If Beckett pitches a gem tonight and the Rays lose, the outlook will look much better. Conversly, if the opposite happens, Francona has to manage games as if each one will be his last.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

You are right that it is still possible that the Rays win the Wild Card instead of the Red Sox.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

After tonight we'll have a better idea of the odds

If we win and they lose, WC looks very good

If we lose and they win, we may be done

If we both win or both lose, Thursday's playoff game is looking more likely

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

Alas, we have no-body else our pitching stinks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Johnny-Chokes???? Really?

In Response to Johnny-Chokes???? Really?:
    [QUOTE]I would hate to see Johnny-Chokes pitch in a must-win game.  Very scary indeed.
    Remember when you said Burnett was better the Lester.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]Rumor has it Theo is still trying to make a trade for a pitcher to make ONE start - and he wants the guy for Wednesday Night DESPERATE
    The reason is that they want Lester to pitch game one but they don't want to pitch Weiland in a must win game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

As a Yankee fan, I hope you start him in all three.

Well at least the next two.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]If we both win or both lose, Thursday's playoff game is looking more likely
    That would mean either the Red Sox lost the next two, and the Rays spilt or the Red Sox spilt and Rays win out. If the Red Sox win they probably won the WC.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

no, he and a bunch of the others, should start polishing up some resumes, they will need them, unless of course there are teams that ned a bunch 0f players who excel for 3-4 months

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Jon Lester start games 3 against O's? : That would mean either the Red Sox lost the next two, and the Rays spilt or the Red Sox spilt and Rays win out. If the Red Sox win they probably won the WC.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Best answer yet

Sections
Shortcuts