Should Lester be skipped a start or two in favor of Workman?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Should Lester be skipped a start or two in favor of Workman?

Might as well ride the hot hand...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Should Lester be skipped a start or two in favor of Workman?

I thought Workman was starting in place of Buch? "The 'Man" is scheduled to pitch Sat., I think,  in the Baltimore series.

I like the sound of Drake Britton's demeanor and assortment of pitches--the O's have a few LH sticks that might be challenged by him. Perhaps pitch Lester tonight and have Britton Sunday in Baltimore.

It's going to be a struggle til Lester and Buch get back to pitching the way they are expected to perform. Workman, Lackey, Doubie and Dempster are going to have to pick their games up a bit and Lester is going to have to pick his game up a whole lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Then who is your 5th starter? Think before you post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Might as well ride the hot hand...

Workman has really looked good so far. Hope he continues to show he wants to stay .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Then who pitches for Workman? He took Buchs place. Might wanna rethink this one.

Lester will pitch tonight and Workman for his next turn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Lester has got to come up big tonight. Price and Hellickson next, this could get ugly.

Hellickson has been one of the hottest Pitchers past few weeks. Tampa is 9-1 in his last 10 starts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Lester draws Hernandez tonight. Workman is pitching instead of Buchholz. I don't know who will be pitching in Dumpsters spot! As for Workman, too bad the Sox leave their bats at the bar before he pitches! He's gotten little or no run support. 2 runs total in 2 games, that's not pitching in bad luck, if he went to a civil court I think he could suit for non support....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Then who is your 5th starter? Think before you post.

New ADG so much better than old ADG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

Lester draws Hernandez tonight. Workman is pitching instead of Buchholz. I don't know who will be pitching in Dumpsters spot! As for Workman, too bad the Sox leave their bats at the bar before he pitches! He's gotten little or no run support. 2 runs total in 2 games, that's not pitching in bad luck, if he went to a civil court I think he could suit for non support....

Funny how you say only Workman has got no run support when Dempster has had barely any all year long. Although his last 2 starts were a little rough, Dempster has given the team a QS the prior 8 games allowing 2 runs 4 times and 3 runs 4 times. He went 3-4 in those games and the team went 4-4. Oh FYI, in his last 2 bad starts the Sox were able to win both of those games.

Workman has earned another start. I still say he looks like a solid MOTR arm who can give you 200IP a year and keep you in most games.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Lester has got to come up big tonight. Price and Hellickson next, this could get ugly.

Hellickson has been one of the hottest Pitchers past few weeks. Tampa is 9-1 in his last 10 starts.

I really like the pitching match ups for the rest of the series. If  the Sox go 2-2 this series that would go along way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP has a great idea.  And, while we're at it, I think Workman should also fill in for Dempster.  So the rotation would be:  Workman, Doubront, Workman, Lackey, Workman.  It's so simple when you know how.  Plus maybe Workman can hit for himself so Ortiz can play first. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Lester, Lackey, Doubie, Dempster and Workman.

If they can somehow salvage a split with TB--that would be good with a slim lead going to Baltimore.

I think the Sox are now 9-4 with the Rays--- that will leave only one more series against them the rest of the way.

The pen :

Ue, Taz, Breslow, Britton, Beato, DeLaTorre, Thornton. Four of those guys weren't there 10 days ago. I like the pen but it seems they are short one pitcher electing to go with an extra position player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

OP has a great idea.  And, while we're at it, I think Workman should also fill in for Dempster.  So the rotation would be:  Workman, Doubront, Workman, Lackey, Workman.  It's so simple when you know how.  Plus maybe Workman can hit for himself so Ortiz can play first. 

That would give us some extra help in the pen (Lester and Dempster).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Workman is showing that he can start.  Everyone in the know in baseball seems to think he is a reliver, although there are still some scouts out there who think he can be a back of the rotation starter.  He may hold more value to the team as a reliver down the stretch....but for right now it makes sense to give him a few more starts.

If Buch comes or we trade for another starter then it's time to see what we have in Workman in the bullpen, he could be REALLY good there.

Personally I see Workman as a swing man, which is a position I think a lot of teams heavily underestimate in the big leagues.  Workman can be our own Aceves...only cheaper, and hopefully with out the drama.