Should Peter Abraham, a beat writer, show more respect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Should Peter Abraham, a beat writer, show more respect?

I don't see the radio announcers on WEEI Or TV announcers on NESN make remarks like following:
    Red Sox Tweets
    PeteAbe profile

PeteAbe Since he joined the #RedSox, a day that will live in infamy, Lackey has a 9.95 ERA in seven starts against Toronto  

Live Updates: Blue Jays at Red Sox
    Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff July 4, 2011

Middle of the 2nd: Blue Jays 3, Red Sox 0

...This game has the "Well, we got in pretty late from Houston" excuse written all over it.

Top of the 3rd: Blue Jays 3, Red Sox 0

The Red Sox are giving off the distinct impression they'd rather be at the beach.
    ...They don't make enough Red Bull to wake this team up the way it looks so far.

Top of the 3rd: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 0

Good news for all you Tim Wakefield fans, John Lackey was brutal.

In innings against Toronto this season, he has allowed 20 runs on 24 hits. Here's an idea, don't pitch him against Toronto.

Middle of the 4th: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 0

Wheeler has retired five straight. That makes him the Red Sox Pitcher of the Day. Oh, wait. That's not really so great.

Top of the 5th: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 0

The Red Sox are as dead as anybody who signed the Declaration of Independence. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Should Peter Abraham, a beat writer, show more respect?

Abraham is having fun...it's a fan perspective as a writer...good job by him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

This game has been  brutal to watch   now closing in on 3.5 hours .. His Tweets are an attempt at humor on a rough day   and not FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

if he was writing disrespectful comments that were untrue, that is wrong.  He seems spot on with these comments, and teh "Red Bull" comment or getting in late from Houston carries a great deal of truth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I personally think the guy is loaded with class and enlightment, but then again you would have to see the inteligence in what he says, some of us just dont get it. I suggest you go back to Mazz or the lady who had no clue what baseball was all about. My gosh you guys are killers! This is the best beat writer Boston has seen in 40 years!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Promise4you, Nick Cafardo was a great beat writer. I read Nick Cafardo daily. 
    Peter Abraham is no Nick Cafardo. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RudyMass. Show RudyMass's posts

Good gosh, do we have to remind you that the Red Sox hand pick the announcers on NESN and WEEI?  Damn the objectivity!  It's the Good Ship Lollipop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Should Peter Abraham, a beat writer, show more respect?:
    [QUOTE]Promise4you, Nick Cafardo was a great beat writer. I read Nick Cafardo daily.  Peter Abraham is no Nick Cafardo. 
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

I disagree, Ive been reading since the early sixty's. Enjoy the witt and humor, Carfardo does what manament wants to see. I like someone that will speak out, even if it's in a humorous way. To each his own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

BTW I think this is a great objective thread Fireballer!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

[QUOTE]Abraham is having fun...it's a fan perspective as a writer...good job by him
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Agreed Mr Cater

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I have no problem with what Abraham said, heck, I was thinking the same thing. I grew up listening to Marty Brennamen call games for the Reds. Brennamen tells is like it is, not like Orsillo and Remy--nice as they are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Should Peter Abraham, a beat writer, show more respect?:
    [QUOTE]I don't see the radio announcers on WEEI Or TV announcers on NESN make remarks like following: Red Sox Tweets PeteAbe Since he joined the #RedSox , a day that will live in infamy, Lackey has a 9.95 ERA in seven starts against Toronto    Live Updates: Blue Jays at Red Sox Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff July 4, 2011 Middle of the 2nd: Blue Jays 3, Red Sox 0 ...This game has the "Well, we got in pretty late from Houston" excuse written all over it. Top of the 3rd: Blue Jays 3, Red Sox 0 The Red Sox are giving off the distinct impression they'd rather be at the beach. ...They don't make enough Red Bull to wake this team up the way it looks so far. Top of the 3rd: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 0 Good news for all you Tim Wakefield fans, John Lackey was brutal. ... In innings against Toronto this season, he has allowed 20 runs on 24 hits. Here's an idea, don't pitch him against Toronto. Middle of the 4th: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 0 Wheeler has retired five straight. That makes him the Red Sox Pitcher of the Day. Oh, wait. That's not really so great. Top of the 5th: Blue Jays 7, Red Sox 0 The Red Sox are as dead as anybody who signed the Declaration of Independence. 
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Don't see a problem with anything he wrote.... 

All the Lackey Tweets were RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!

Even if Lackey were being paid the MLB minimum salary, he would deserve EVERY ONE OF THESE COMMENTS!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Good gosh, do we have to remind you that the Red Sox hand pick the announcers on NESN and WEEI?  Damn the objectivity!  It's the Good Ship Lollipop.
    Posted by RudyMass[/QUOTE]

If the Ice Capades hires an announcer, would you expect them to critique the show harshly???

Of course they are hired to be homers!!!!

Pretty good analysis before & after the games!  No kid gloves!

They are supposed to be entertaining & keep viewers tuned in.  THEY MUST play to the larger audience!  It's called LIFE!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

One of the reporters/bloggers for the Seattle Times gets crucified by the readers at times for coming down on the Mariners.  He gives it right back to them too.  He claimed (and I have no reason not to believe him) that his blog is independent from his duties as a reporter and he gets no additional pay for it, and will often blog even on his day off (as was the case the day he explained the situation).  It is not part of his job description.  Therefore, writers in blogs have more lattitude in what they write.  I suspect the same may be true with the Globe.