Should Peter Abraham be respectful to his readers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Should Peter Abraham be respectful to his readers?

Boston.com Sports

Red Sox Tweets
    PeteAbe profile

PeteAbe Drew is 0 for 5 with 4 K. Now come the e-mails asking if the #RedSox can trade Reddick and a bag of rocks for Beltran 40 minutes ago reply

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Should Peter Abraham be respectful to his readers?

In Response to Should Peter Abraham be respectful to his readers?:
    Boston.com Sports Red Sox Tweets PeteAbe Drew is 0 for 5 with 4 K. Now come the e-mails asking if the #RedSox can trade Reddick and a bag of rocks for Beltran 40 minutes ago reply
    Posted by fir.eballer58
    yeah, good luck wiith that one, you are seeing firsthand the same issues Yank fans had with PA...  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

And maybe this is unfair but he also looks as if he was hit with the heavy end of the ugly stick as well.  It seems to me if I looked like Mr. Abraham I'd do everything in my power to be nice.  Maybe he dealt with a lot of abuse because of his appearance which  makes me sympathetic at first but if he continues to insult RS Nation as being predictable, provincial ninny's than all bets are off!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joshm5691. Show joshm5691's posts

You guys forgot to mention that he is fat and rough on the eyes. I cringe overtime I see him on the tube

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I don't have a problem with that tweet. The only ones who should have a problem with it are the morons who would send idiotic e-mails like that, and I'm sure he gets enough.

We should be right there with him mocking those who would send that kind of an e-mail.

I mean, how many times do we see a post on this board or someone calling a talk show suggesting some stupid trade like four or five B prospects for a Felix Hernandez or something even more stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Kinda surprised by this, he is the best beat writter this paper has had in some time. I dont know what happened in NY (Jete's comment which i respect). Do you really want to dig up the last two that were doing this? I sure hope not! Because she was clueless and he was a total follower and neither knew anything about baseball!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnaddar1. Show johnaddar1's posts

I really like Abraham posts when they are sports related.  I dislike Abraham posts when he is political. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

In Response to Re: Should Peter Abraham be respectful to his readers?:
    Kinda surprised by this, he is the best beat writter this paper has had in some time. I dont know what happened in NY (Jete's comment which i respect). Do you really want to dig up the last two that were doing this? I sure hope not! Because she was clueless and he was a total follower and neither knew anything about baseball!
    Posted by promise4you

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskjold. Show dskjold's posts

I think Pete is pretty damn good at what he does.  I've worked with many sports writers and sports guys over the years, and it has always impressed me that Pete actually takes time to answer any posters at all.  Believe me when I say that most sports writers could give a fig about what any reader may think about them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox. Show onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox's posts

Considering the vast majority of his readers are idiots who don't know anything about baseball outside of Jacoby Ellsbury's spot in the batting order and the name of a minor league prospect or two, no, I don't think Pete owes them much of anything. You can only listen to so many inane comments about trading Ellsbury, Reddick, Kalish, and cash considerations for King Felix before you want to strangle someone.

Maybe when the readership earns a little more baseball savvy they can stop being offended by every off-handed remark Pete Abe makes and actually learn to appreciate and absorb some of the knowledge he attemps to bestow on his audience.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In Response to Re: Should Peter Abraham be respectful to his readers?:
    Considering the vast majority of his readers are idiots who don't know anything about baseball outside of Jacoby Ellsbury's spot in the batting order and the name of a minor league prospect or two, no, I don't think Pete owes them much of anything. You can only listen to so many inane comments about trading Ellsbury, Reddick, Kalish, and cash considerations for King Felix before you want to strangle someone. Maybe when the readership earns a little more baseball savvy they can stop being offended by every off-handed remark Pete Abe makes and actually learn to appreciate and absorb some of the knowledge he attemps to bestow on his audience.
    Posted by onesoxtwosoxredsoxbosox

Shill much?  PA is usually between decent and downright good when writing columns but he needs to censor himself when it comes to "interacting" with his readers.  He has the unique ability to come across as arrogant and overly defensive at the same time.  I remember a column that was unfortunately laden with typos and grammatical errors and one poster called him on it.  He made the mistake of responding in high-handed fashion and, of course, his reply also had 2-3 typos ... pretty funny actually.  On second thought, keep up the good work Pete.  We fans need something to nitpick and you provide excellent fodder which removes the players from our sights. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He does know his stuff but I get the sense he'd rather be covering another team sometimes.  I've seen him crush people for asking legitimate if somewhat naive questions, and I think to myself "ease up man, not everyone follows baseball for a living".  I think his sense of sarcasm is sometimes misinterpreted as consecension though, sometimes he's just trying to be funny.  How many Dice-K-for-Halladay trade questions can one guy take?  (Facetious trade proposal, just meant to prove a point.)  Overall, he can dish as much as he takes, which makes him similar to the average New Englander or New Yorker. 

Sections
Shortcuts