Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame?

To be eligible for nomination, players must have played at least three years with the Red Sox and must also have been out of uniform as an active player at least three years.
    Last MLB appearance:
    September 16, 2007 for the New York Yankees

Last MLB appearance
    September 16, 2007 for the New York Yankees

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame?

Not without buying a ticket

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Roger Clemens should not be allowed in New England period!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hall of Shame? 
    Yes.

Hall of Fame? 
    Yes, his last 4 years in Boston were evidence he didn't juice here.

As much as I dislike the guy, he belongs in the hall.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

No

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No, unless you are basing it solely on performance.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they should have a special wing for him to cover the awesome number of playoff games he won with the sox when he was in his prime...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Should Manny or Papi ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame?:
    Posted by dannycater

That's all it should be based on. The numbers speak for themselves. As reprehensible a character as I feel Mr. Clemens to be, he still deserves the honor. Having said that, I would point out that because someone is famous his achievements don't necessarily mean that he also deserves to be liked or respected as a person. Anyway, that's my take on this distasteful subject.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In Response to Re: Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame?:
    Posted by dannycater

Do they base it on anything else?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame?:
    To be eligible for nomination, players must have played at least three years with the Red Sox and must also have been out of uniform as an active player at least three years. Last MLB appearance: September 16, 2007 for the New York Yankees Last MLB appearance September 16, 2007 for the New York Yankees
    Posted by -EdithBunker-

I wouldn't allow him in the Red Sox bathroom. Not after the crap he pulled on us while with the Yankees.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

When Clemens went to Toronto in 1997 he became superman. 

It's funny how Toronto had Clemens, Hentgen and Guzman, yet, they still did not even have a .500 winning percentage. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't really want to see him in the Sox HOF and my guess is that he wouldn't want to be there either - he didn't exactly depart Boston with love in his heart for the Sox management. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think Henry and Co are keeping their options open for Clemens and any HOF or tributes for him.They haven't re-issued his uniform #21 since he left.It could be coincidental,but I believe it's on purpose.He was a great pitcher here in Boston and could go into the Red Sox HOF even if he doesn't get into Cooperstown due to his "alleged" PED use.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

for his years in a red sox uniform and his performance while he was here. I would say yes he does deserve to be in the red sox hall of fame. I am talking about the same roger that struck out 20 hitters. not the post red sox roger who left and went on to total disgrace.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I hate to step up and say this but I will anyway.

Being in the RS HOF has everything to do with what he did while in a Red Sox uniform. 

Yes, he should be in the Red Sox HOF.  I think he's shown his true colors since leaving Boston, that he's self-centered and basically a reprehensible human being but that was all done after he left Boston.

Cooperstown, OTOH, is a place he should be barrred from for life and beyond because membership in Cooperstown is dependent on a player's contribution to baseball as a whole and not just one team.

Ugh.  I hate even thinking that he belongs there -but I guess he does.  :-(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I hate to step up and say this but I will anyway. Being in the RS HOF has everything to do with what he did while in a Red Sox uniform.  Yes, he should be in the Red Sox HOF.  I think he's shown his true colors since leaving Boston, that he's self-centered and basically a reprehensible human being but that was all done after he left Boston. Cooperstown, OTOH, is a place he should be barrred from for life and beyond because membership in Cooperstown is dependent on a player's contribution to baseball as a whole and not just one team. Ugh.  I hate even thinking that he belongs there -but I guess he does.  :-(
    Posted by S5

Ughhh!   I hate to agree!  BUT!  With the Red Sox, Clemens WAS a HOF pitcher!  PERIOD!!  On the mound, the guy was incredible!  HE WAS one of the 2 or 3 BEST pitchers in the game for many years here!  He also DID IT CLEAN HERE!  Unlike his time with the Yankees!

As a PERSON?????  I will NEVER forget his selfish, self centered, carry my bags attitude toward the end of his tenure with the Red Sox.  I will also NEVER FORGET how he "THREW" his last season with us!!!  He absolutely TRIED TO TANK IT to force a trade!  REPREHENSIBLE!!!!  The last few years???  All of baseball has seen his TRUE CHARACTER!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Here's a thought.

If we start judging players eligibility based on morals instead of performance are we no better than Nazis, the Catholic church or Michele Bachmann?

Ted Williams was said to have given the finger to the crowd on more than one occasion, Manny Ramirez is public enemy number one because of PED allegations and pushing an old man who was a travelling secretary (nevermind that Pedro Martinez is a folk hero for pushing an old man who was a Yankees coach...it matters who you push, I guess), Nomar was a sour puss , who wanted to be traded, Johnny Damon had the audicity to go play for big money with the Yankees. Jim Rice and the media never got along ( he IS part of the media now...kind of ironic). Dennis Eckersley is a big hero and he is loved ny millions of Sox fans ( nevermind he pitched his no-hitter as an Indian and had just about all his success as an Oakland A).

If we were to start judging players ourselves , we could probably find a few good reasons to keep everyone out. So let's just forget about it and be more concerned about who gets into Congress and the White House. There are too many people that worry about sports hall of fames, then do their civic duty and vote in elections. Problem is many of these people who do vote aren't doing any research, they are voting same as they would if they were voting for all stars. They vote for the candidate from their state, they vote for the most popular, they have very little clue what many of these people stand for and what damage they can do. Retired ballplayers cannont impact your lives the way political leaders can.

This is what should concern us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

every time clemens comes to MASS, he lowers the average IQ of the whole state.
    let him stay in texas where his IQ is more at home.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Here's a thought. If we start judging players eligibility based on morals instead of performance are we no better than Nazis, the Catholic church or Michele Bachmann?Ted Williams was said to have given the finger to the crowd on more than one occasion, Manny Ramirez is public enemy number one because of PED allegations and pushing an old man who was a travelling secretary (nevermind that Pedro Martinez is a folk hero for pushing an old man who was a Yankees coach...it matters who you push, I guess), Nomar was a sour puss , who wanted to be traded, Johnny Damon had the audicity to go play for big money with the Yankees. Jim Rice and the media never got along ( he IS part of the media now...kind of ironic). Dennis Eckersley is a big hero and he is loved ny millions of Sox fans ( nevermind he pitched his no-hitter as an Indian and had just about all his success as an Oakland A). If we were to start judging players ourselves , we could probably find a few good reasons to keep everyone out. So let's just forget about it and be more concerned about who gets into Congress and the White House. There are too many people that worry about sports hall of fames, then do their civic duty and vote in elections. Problem is many of these people who do vote aren't doing any research, they are voting same as they would if they were voting for all stars. They vote for the candidate from their state, they vote for the most popular, they have very little clue what many of these people stand for and what damage they can do. Retired ballplayers cannont impact your lives the way political leaders can. This is what should concern us.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Wow Zilla!!! 

This post is WAY BELOW YOU!  I really like you as a RSN / BDC poster, but lumping together "The Nazi's, The Catholic Church, & Michelle Bachman is simply low brow, Mass. liberal demagogic hyperbole???  What's your point?  Are you trying to bash the Nazi's & the Catholic Church by lumping them with Michelle Bachman???  :)

No seriously.....  Lighten up on the Catholic & Michelle Bachman bashing!  Why is it SO EASY for liberals to take shots at the Catholic Church???  BTW...  The Catholic Church is SO FAR AWAY from the fundamentalist Christian leanings of a Michelle Bachman, that I will assume you don't really know what your talking about when it comes to politics & religion.  Also, as a relatively conservative Republican, I'm NO BIG FAN of Michelle Bachman, who would get CRUSHED by Jimmy Carter Obama.  Also.....  Why must you guys always go with the Nazi Character assassination by association???

CHILL OUT & ENJOY SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AGREE ON...  The Red Sox  :)   :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame? : Wow Zilla!!!  This post is WAY BELOW YOU!  I really like you as a RSN / BDC poster, but lumping together "The Nazi's, The Catholic Church, & Michelle Bachman is simply low brow, Mass. liberal demagogic hyperbole???  What's your point?  Are you trying to bash the Nazi's & the Catholic Church by lumping them with Michelle Bachman???  :) No seriously.....  Lighten up on the Catholic & Michelle Bachman bashing!  Why is it SO EASY for liberals to take shots at the Catholic Church???  BTW...  The Catholic Church is SO FAR AWAY from the fundamentalist Christian leanings of a Michelle Bachman, that I will assume you don't really know what your talking about when it comes to politics & religion.  Also, as a relatively conservative Republican, I'm NO BIG FAN of Michelle Bachman, who would get CRUSHED by Jimmy Carter Obama.  Also.....  Why must you guys always go with the Nazi Character assassination by association??? CHILL OUT & ENJOY SOMETHING WE CAN ALL AGREE ON...  The Red Sox  :)   :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

actually, i think Nazi's would be offended being lumped with both the catholic church and the bachmann family.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

Posted by PawsoxPhil

GEE, i pictured you as taller, pawsox.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Should Roger Clemens be allowed into the Red Sox Hall Of Fame? : actually, i think Nazi's would be offended being lumped with both the catholic church and the bachmann family.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

TRY ACTUALLY READING Yazzer....  I already got that joke in, but clearly your blind ideological rage keeps your mind closed :)  THE SCARY part????  I can tell you actually mean it!  I have no doubt in my mind, that a demagogic ideologue such as yourself, is actually more afraid of a little bitty Michelle Bachman & her equally half baked ideological rhetoric than the Nazis, Extremist Islamic fundamentalists, Pol Pot, Genghis Kahn, or ANY other REAL EXISTENTIAL THREAT to the world???

BTW????   What's with the anti-Catholic "hate speech?"  I thought you liberals were beyond that type of hateful rhetoric.  Or is your ideology simply relativist?  Subject to YOUR own bias & prejudice???  NOW.... I doubt you have followed this simple & logical argument, but do you even GET THE IRONY of your own condemnations while condemning others (i.e. The Catholic Church)????  You do HATE Michelle Bachman for her "condemning" groups of people, do you not???

p.s.  NOT A MICHELLE BACHMAN FAN!!!!!  in case you had trouble with the whole reading thing????

Sections
Shortcuts