Should Sox be Worried with Indians?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Should Sox be Worried with Indians?

Are they legit now with a stud #1?

This series should see if Indians are for real.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians?

yeah, indians are a good club, just made much better.  This series will be an excellent challenge.  But, I don't know about being worried.  I think the 2011 Red Sox can take all comers.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

with SLACKEY pitching tonight, sox should be more than worried.
    they'd better go  for 8+ runs if SLACKEY is to achieve his 10th win.
    no small ball tonight; only big balls need apply.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Cleveland Indians are real.

They, however, should not pose a real threat to us.

These Indians are not for real:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians?:
    The Cleveland Indians are real. They, however, should not pose a real threat to us. These Indians are not for real:
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

kind of like the indians on F TROOP. most were ITALIANS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No.........The team's that would worry me most are:

Tigers
    Angels
    Rangers
    ---------
    Phillies
    Giants
    Brewers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

The Indians are very similar to the Rays before their decline.  Decent pitching but a lot of holes in the batting order and diffficulty in scoring more than one run at a time.  Four games with the Red Sox, three with Texas, and three with Detroit over the next ten days will determine if they are serious contenders for a division title.  I see the Sox winning 3 out of 4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

With only a two game lead over a good Yankee team every game is one to worry about but don't forget to enjoy the games. The long, cold, dark winter is coming sooner than you think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians? : kind of like the indians on F TROOP. most were ITALIANS.
    Posted by the_yazzer

Chief:"Hekawis very brave warriors...except for one thing...."
    O'Rourke:"What's that?"
    Chief:"We faint alot."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

with SLACKEY pitching tonight, sox should be more than worried. they'd better go  for 8+ runs if SLACKEY is to achieve his 10th win. no small ball tonight; only big balls need apply.
    Posted by the_yazzer

SLACKEY has been picking up the SLACK in the rotation his past 4 starts, and you better hope he continues to do so, otherwise the sox are LACKING enough pitching to limp into the ALCS.

See what I did there? took highly creative variations of lackey's name and did a little word play. brilliant and original.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Naw. We just need to Cowboy up! As Millar would say.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewags. Show thewags's posts

Oh, and since we wont be facing Ubaldo, this series is just like the old indians, who are pretty good anyway, but arent the contender they now are. and agreed, the next 10 games will tell whether the indians are real or fake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Naw. We just need to Cowboy up! As Millar would say.
    Posted by Alibiike

"Don't let us win tonight ... don't let us win tonight ... i'm just sayin' ..."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

The Indians are settling into their rightful place in AL central, just above KC, and have gone 23-36 since end of May. Sox should take 3 of 4 then move on to the Yankees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians? : "Don't let us win tonight ... don't let us win tonight ... i'm just sayin' ..."
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

You lost me Spaceman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

No.........The team's that would worry me most are: Tigers Angels Rangers --------- Phillies Giants Brewers
    Posted by andrewmitch

The Sox shouldn't even worry about those teams, the 2011 Sox are the greatest team of all-time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians? : You lost me Spaceman.
    Posted by Alibiike

Before Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS, Millar was bouncing from reporter to reporter around the field during BP/warm-ups saying this.  Don't let us win tonight.  Got Pedey going tomorrow and Schill the next.  And anything can happen in game 7.  Don't let us win tonight.  Just sayin'.  Don't let us win tonight.

Awesome.

I will love him forever for that "idiot" "cowboy up" sense to stay loose and just go play hard and fearless.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Rangers - very good lefty starters and lefty starters give the red sox trouble
    Yankees - they won't go away.
    Phillies - easily the best rotation in baseball
    SF - Vogelsong/Lincecum/Matt Cain. 

The way the teams are plaing right now, the Sox would be the favorites to win the ALCS.  but i doubt they would be the favorite in the WS against either the Phillies or SF. 

Buch going down and Lackey stinkin' up the place have really hurt the red sox.

Suddenly, having a healthy Dice-K would be a really good thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishJPM11. Show IrishJPM11's posts

Worried...well the Sox started the season 0-3 and at the time we were happy to leave Texas to face the Indians who promptly made us 0-6.  Different time and place...sure.  Worried...there are still many games to play.  But, with a two game lead...I wouldn't count them out.  And this year we are 2-4 verse them...here's hoping for a 6-4 record in 4 days.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians? : You lost me Spaceman.
    Posted by Alibiike

Space is a deep thinker with a great memory...

As I also recall, didn't Millar drank a shot of Jack in a Dixie cup before the game???!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

No.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians? : Space is a deep thinker with a great memory... As I also recall, didn't Millar drank a shot of Jack in a Dixie cup before the game???!!!!
    Posted by beavis

The whole team supposedly did, and then they did it again the next night. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yes. 

All due respect to royf19, but I think almost any team is worth worrying about.  This year it seems the AL East, the toughest neighborhood in MLB, is where the Sox have the most success.  Go figure. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Should Sox be Worried with Indians?:
    Are they legit now with a stud #1? This series should see if Indians are for real. Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis

You shouldn't ever underestimate any team.  The Indians have a pretty decent pitching staff if Jimenez works out.  Carmona, Tomlin, Masterson?  Not aces maybe but all are capable of having a great night if the Indians can score. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Indians are playoff possiblity only because of the weak mediorcrity of the central. Red Sox played a sloppy game that reflects a roat trip end and no day off. Lackey is an embarrassment that is going to have to go another 6 or so starts because of the albatross factor.

Sections
Shortcuts