Should Sox be Worried with Indians?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians?

In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians?:
    [QUOTE]Indians are playoff possiblity only because of the weak mediorcrity of the central. Red Sox played a sloppy game that reflects a roat trip end and no day off. Lackey is an embarrassment that is going to have to go another 6 or so starts because of the albatross factor.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

SLACKEY is not the embarrassment, he just sux. the embarrassment is the moron who signed him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Sox be Worried with Indians? :   Before game four? That would be asking to be eliminated- they were down 3-0 at that point. Might need to revisit your notes.
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

YEah, before game 4. He's not incorrect.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Yes we should be worried about the Indians, but we should be far more worried about the Angels as they will be the team we will have to fight for the Wild Card sport. Right now I don't see the Red Sox making the playoffs. Why? #1 Starting pitching. Buch out possibly for his career, Bedard will not fill in well at all and most assuredly will get injured anyway, Lackey...well you all know about him,Wake, well althought I respect his accomplishments as a RS, he is just an innings eater. So, we only have two legit SP. Lester and Beckett...definately not a playoff picture. #2 I see the Yankees continuing to roll right into the AL East title. Too much power at the plate and an amazing smoke and mirrors job by the pitching staff, which does not seem like it will go downhill. CC is simply money. And their bullpen is stellar. #3 The Angels are coming on strong and will by pass the RS for the Wild Card. Worried, heck yes we should be shaking in our boots. After this week we could easily be 3-4 games out of first place in the AL East. Could very well be the most dissappointing season ever for the Red Sox given early season expectations, even reasonable expectations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]Yes we should be worried about the Indians, but we should be far more worried about the Angels as they will be the team we will have to fight for the Wild Card sport. Right now I don't see the Red Sox making the playoffs. Why? #1 Starting pitching. Buch out possibly for his career, Bedard will not fill in well at all and most assuredly will get injured anyway, Lackey...well you all know about him,Wake, well althought I respect his accomplishments as a RS, he is just an innings eater. So, we only have two legit SP. Lester and Beckett...definately not a playoff picture. #2 I see the Yankees continuing to roll right into the AL East title. Too much power at the plate and an amazing smoke and mirrors job by the pitching staff, which does not seem like it will go downhill. CC is simply money. And their bullpen is stellar. #3 The Angels are coming on strong and will by pass the RS for the Wild Card. Worried, heck yes we should be shaking in our boots. After this week we could easily be 3-4 games out of first place in the AL East. Could very well be the most dissappointing season ever for the Red Sox given early season expectations, even reasonable expectations.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be that pessimistic....we have an 8 game lead over the Angels with 55 to go....they have no more Head to head games with us, though they do have 6 games against the yankees remaining(which can only help us)....as for the yankees....it will be to the wire as usual.....9 games head to head....probably where it will be decided.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

The Cleveland Indians have been a nagging headache to the Sox since opening day.      

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

11-15 in July. They need to jump start their offense, but not to the expense of the Red Sox. Getting Jimenez was huge not just for the team, but for the fans. He starts this Friday.

Getting Shin-Soo Choo back will help and if Grady Sizemore comes back healthy they could make Detriot sweat. If Laporta ever starts to hit and if get some production from Fukudome it will help.

A. Cabrera with 19 HR at the SS position is huge. Brantley has been setting the table nicely. Will they both continue?

For pitching, Huff has learned the cutter and he is throwing it for strikes. Gammons liked this guy few years back.

Acta will need to do what he does best and keep the guys thinking they are in it for the long run...it appears he has his players playing hard and smart ball. I liked the fact yesterday he let his young players take extra batting practice to let them get the acquainted with Fenway Park.

Middle relief and set up will be the doom for the Indians.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Yes Sox should have concern for every game they play with a 1 game lead in the A.L. East....and seeing how the next game is Cleveland....the answer is yes. 

In terms of the playoffs, I think Cleveland is more legit now...but I still don't see them having the firepower to overtake the Sox.....and Remember Lester/Beckett is a pretty darn good 1-2 front of the rotation. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

What ctredsoxfanhugh said.  Completely agree.

They should worry about every single game they play from here on out, although worry is probably too strong a word.  They should be able to control their own destiny, and worry about the Yankees.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Sindarin,
       I think your overdoing it a bit. I haven't seen anything speculation the Buch's career might be over - just his season.
       His loss is a big blow, and I'm worried about our starters. Yet, as long as we have Beckett-Lester we have a chance to do great things this year. There is no way, short of an injury apocolypse, that this team doesn't make the playoffs. That is not a bold prediction.

Sections
Shortcuts