Should Sox Sign Sr. V-Tek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Should Sox Sign Sr. V-Tek?

He could play to he's 40. Give him another year?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Should Sox Sign Sr. V-Tek?

Only if he spends the off season in the dominican republic.  Maybe work out with Colon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

thoughts?

no, i don't think there was any thought behind your OP at all.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Should Sox Sign Sr. V-Tek?:
    [QUOTE]The Draft is a couple of weeks away, if I were a Catcher and the Sox drafted me, especially in the 1st round, I would never sign with them.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Yeah, who would want a chance to learn the game from someone like Tek or Gary Tuck?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It's a decision that doesn't have to be made until the offseason. The way the Salty-Tek has gone in the past few weeks, if they continue to play like this all season, it's a nice combination to return.

But if Tek falls off completely or gets hurt and there's a youngster ready to team with Salty, then you go that rout.

In a situation like this, May isn't the time to even think about the issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

As long as Beckett is pitching for the Sox, V-tek will be catching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Can someone in the Nation tell me the last time a Boston catcher threw out two, yes two baserunners...?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]The Draft is a couple of weeks away, if I were a Catcher and the Sox drafted me, especially in the 1st round, I would never sign with them.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Why?  Catchers spend years developing in the minors even if they are on the fast track.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If a good catcher is available, I'd draft one.  It's not like the NBA or NFL where a 1st round pick is expected to make a major contribution in year 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone in the Nation tell me the last time a Boston catcher threw out two, yes two baserunners...?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Buck and Choo are hardly something to write home about but at least he did get the throws to 2B on the fly.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Sox Sign Sr. V-Tek? : Buck and Choo are hardly something to write home about but at least he did get the throws to 2B on the fly.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
     Choo's got wheels.  stole 20+ bases the last two years.  Not Crawbury speed, but he can run.  No need to take away from the fact that both those throws from Tek were BBs right on target.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Spaceman, your right again, Choo does have decent wheels...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I'd sign jason for another year easily. he spent the entire off season with his trainner getting into incredible shape. no reason to think that next spring he would be any different. last year he threw out 4 guys all season. last nite he threw out 2 in one game. plus hit a tatah to put us up with a good lead. definately give him another season in the sun.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"If I were a catcher and the Sox drafted me, especially in the 1st round, I would never sign with them."

You'd sign, trust me. The opportunity to play at Fenway, the chance to be on a team that has fan turnout, night after night. The chance to be in the postseason.

Where would you rather go , Colorado, Arizona , Minnesota or some other backwoods franchise where you go unnoticed, unappreciated and you get packaged as part of a "moneyball" strategy move?

No ballplayer in his right mind wouldn't want to play for the Red Sox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Absolutely not! And I find it no suprise that this thread is posted in May, after Varitek hits his first HR.

Varitek was catching Beckett, last year, too.

Salty has proven to be a worthy platoon/split time who should have started at AAA and saved a lot of problems. But Salty made the leap in confidence after the brutal early season damage.

The Red Sox need to stop subjecting themselves to this old guy hanging around on the roster who has a Mendoza BA/OBP, is stiff as a board in a futile attempt to consistently keep the ball in front with runners on base, and the CERA is nothing but an urban legend. Just ask Buch.

The Red Sox need to acquire the best value MLB proven solid defensive catcher they can find, starter years ago.

Sections
Shortcuts