Should the Sox consider resigning Youk to a short term deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Should the Sox consider resigning Youk to a short term deal

In response to Flattiehater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I did answer your question by saying it had nothing to do with 'shortstop'. There were two separate sentences: 1) Wanting Youk back at first base, 2) preferring Youk's bat over Iglesias' bat. But what this really boils down to is this: you're just angry because I previously called you out about your incessant whining about wanting Valentine gone which I wouldn't have done had you simply stated that you thought it would be in the interests of the team if he were fired. But, like a whiny five year old brat you stomped your feet and cried and had a tantrum as if that would get you what you wanted. Now, like all spoiled children you hold a grudge for someone calling your obsession for what it was. My advice--get over yourself Einstein.

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Take him at first in a heartbeat. I'd take his bat every day of the week over 'automatic out' Iglesias.

[/QUOTE]

What does 1B have to do with SS? Or did you want Youk at SS?

It has nothing to do with SS. It was a comment strictly about hitting. It may be that your inability to think in more than one dimension is what stupidity really is. Yes?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're the one comparing Youk to Iglesias. Did you want Youk at SS or what? And as a physicist I can think in more than one dimension just fine thanks. You however still haven't answered one of my questions.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're even talking about. But since I was actually civil to pike last night I feel like I've fulfilled my quota of being nice to morons for the week, so I'll just go back to ignoring your stupidity. Have a great night.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ArkaSox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes Youk should be signed but only under The Anti-Big Labor Contract. He should be paid $6.75 an hour for practice, but standing around the batting cage should not be counted as actual practice time. $7.75 an hour for game time, but only while on the field, dugout time between innings or standing in the on deck circle should not be counted as actual working time.

Youk should furnish his own uniforms home and away and be responsible for their cleaning and upkeep.

Youk should pay for any food or beverages consumed in the clubhouse before or after a game. He should furnish his own sunflower seeds and pay rent on his spot on the bench while in the dugout. If playing first base he should be made to pay property tax on that portion of the field. In the advent of a playoff win, Youk should furnish his own celebratory liquid and a person to spray it on him.

If Youk hits a home run at Fenway the team should charge him for the ball. If he hits a home run at an away park that team should bill him for the ball.

Youk should be responsible for all his toiletries and personnel hygiene products including toilet tissue. While at Fenway Youk should pay for all water used for personal hygiene purposes. 25 cents per-gallon for hot and 15 cents per-gallon for cold with a daily minimum of 15 gallons to a maximum of 30 gallons which would include both showering and flushing. The total price of gallons used by him weekly during the season should come directly out of his pocket. The price of drinking water used by Youk while at Fenway should be determined by bottle or fountain.

Youk must pay to use the team parking lot.

Youk should be responsible for all his travel and lodging expenses during away games, he should not be allowed on any team chartered flights. He should provide his own transportation to and from the visited ballpark and the airport.

A Anti-Big Labor Contract like this would teach them Big Labor Fat Cat Pinko Marxist Cracker Croakers a thing or two.

[/QUOTE]

Very funny and dumb !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Youk is washed up, a back bencher. Good guy, but all men are humbled by the process called mortality.

[/QUOTE]

Trotter, 

Thank you at least admitting Youk's a good guy and not trashing him !!

I wouldn't call 15hrs and 47rbis in 80 games and still fielding well with the White Sox washed up. He obviously is not the same player of his youth but he'll be playing for someone next year and driving in runs as he always has. If he can hit 250-260 with 25-30hrs and 80-90rbis that's a decent year but only if he stays healthy which means playing first base or full time DH. 

Hetch

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I did answer your question by saying it had nothing to do with 'shortstop'. There were two separate sentences: 1) Wanting Youk back at first base, 2) preferring Youk's bat over Iglesias' bat. But what this really boils down to is this: you're just angry because I previously called you out about your incessant whining about wanting Valentine gone which I wouldn't have done had you simply stated that you thought it would be in the interests of the team if he were fired. But, like a whiny five year old brat you stomped your feet and cried and had a tantrum as if that would get you what you wanted. Now, like all spoiled children you hold a grudge for someone calling your obsession for what it was. My advice--get over yourself Einstein.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Take him at first in a heartbeat. I'd take his bat every day of the week over 'automatic out' Iglesias.

[/QUOTE]

What does 1B have to do with SS? Or did you want Youk at SS?

It has nothing to do with SS. It was a comment strictly about hitting. It may be that your inability to think in more than one dimension is what stupidity really is. Yes?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're the one comparing Youk to Iglesias. Did you want Youk at SS or what? And as a physicist I can think in more than one dimension just fine thanks. You however still haven't answered one of my questions.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're even talking about. But since I was actually civil to pike last night I feel like I've fulfilled my quota of being nice to morons for the week, so I'll just go back to ignoring your stupidity. Have a great night.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I have to suck it up and apologise. I was mistaken thinking it was you who I called on Valentine's jihad. It was DannyCater. I'm sorry for that. However, I stand by my initial post about Youk/Iglesias and it was absolutely you who used ad hominem attacks by referring to me as stupid. Maybe I deserve an apology as well.

[/QUOTE]

It was actually pike/Yonkersman/Calzone65 who called you stupid, but I agreed with him, so sorry about that. Both for implying that you are stupid and for agreeing with pike.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

I have always been a big Youkilis guy, but its time to move forward. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I have no idea why posters are beating up on Flattiehater. I like Flattiehater.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Calzone65's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This Wally is mote cryptic than an elevator operator who has a stuttering problem. He types as if he has stage #5 of carpal tunnel syndrome. He might want to use some of Pinstripezac's shortcuts such as:

2 B or not 2 B

4 it is all relative.

U C I am big Yank fan

Y be so mad

I post good cartoons, K?

U like Haiku?

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! Funniest post I've read in a long time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would take Youk on a 1 yr deal. But there are about a half dozen names ahead of him that I would explore first.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TrotterNixon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How much would you budget to make sure you sign washed up Youk, assuming your many other options fall through?

[/QUOTE]

maybe 6mm on a 1 yr deal...less than half of what he was making...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

haha...I was expecting a response like that

Sections
Shortcuts