Should the sox place a bid on 25 yr old left-hander Ryu Hyun Jin from Korea?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Should the sox place a bid on 25 yr old left-hander Ryu Hyun Jin from Korea?

There is a very good chance Ryu Hyun Jin will be posted this offseason and will come to the majors. He has lead the korean league in strikeouts 5 times already and is 25 yrs old. He is left handed and after watching some videos of him, the best way i could describe him is like a heftier cliff lee. He operates in the low 90's, has really good offspead stuff (curve, change) and has very good control. He is hands down the best pitcher in korea. He also holds the korean league record for k's in a season with 204. do you guys think the sox should place a serious bid for him? hes 6 ft 2 205, so he is not your typical sized asian pitcher, and after watching him pitch, he has a nice easy delivery. I think he will be perhaps better than darvish. I think the sox should throw down a big bid for him. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poprox13. Show poprox13's posts

Re: Should the sox place a bid on 25 yr old left-hander Ryu Hyun Jin from Korea?

Does he throw a gyroball?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Should the sox place a bid on 25 yr old left-hander Ryu Hyun Jin from Korea?

In response to wallyisdead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dice K ring a bell?

[/QUOTE]

don't you think its a little unfair to assume he is a flop just because dice-k didn't work out and they're both from the orient? we don't shy away from latino or white pitchers because others of other players of simillar race don't pan out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is a very good chance Ryu Hyun Jin will be posted this offseason and will come to the majors. He has lead the korean league in strikeouts 5 times already and is 25 yrs old. He is left handed and after watching some videos of him, the best way i could describe him is like a heftier cliff lee. He operates in the low 90's, has really good offspead stuff (curve, change) and has very good control. He is hands down the best pitcher in korea. He also holds the korean league record for k's in a season with 204. do you guys think the sox should place a serious bid for him? hes 6 ft 2 205, so he is not your typical sized asian pitcher, and after watching him pitch, he has a nice easy delivery. I think he will be perhaps better than darvish. I think the sox should throw down a big bid for him. 

[/QUOTE]

How about they pay him to stay away????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you want to elaborate on that a little bit? have you seem him pitch before? is he garbage?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow i like how every asian pitcher immediately turns into dice k, what about yu darvish, wei yin chen, huroki kuroda all asian and all successful. Ryu Hyun Jin is not like dice k, he has a smooth delivery, is left handed, has major league size 6'2 205, and has really good command. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

wow i like how every asian pitcher immediately turns into dice k, what about yu darvish, wei yin chen, huroki kuroda all asian and all successful. Ryu Hyun Jin is not like dice k, he has a smooth delivery, is left handed, has major league size 6'2 205, and has really good command. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dice-k wasn't good so how can you possibly think this kid will be good?!?!?

/sarcasm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

Dice K ring a bell?

[/QUOTE]

Dice-K was a 15 game winner for a World Series Champion his 1st year here, then finished 3rd in the CY Young voting his 2nd year.  He was hardly the colossal bust he is made out to be.  He wasn't as good as advertised, he wasn't likable and watching him pitch was absolutely maddening at times, but he opened the door for the Sox to be players in the Asian market.  Hideki Okajima is one of the best middle relievers the Sox have had in recent years and Junichi Tazawa was filthy out of the pen this year.  Hideo Nomo won 13 games while giving the Sox 200 innings during his season in Boston, which included a no-hitter.  They have had some success with Asian players...

To insuate that the Sox should stay away from Asian players because Dice-K wasn't as good as the "hype" is a little ignorant...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dice K ring a bell?

[/QUOTE]

no idiot. quasimodo rings a bell.

[/QUOTE]

Who helped you to spell that you bozo?

[/QUOTE]

no answer as to why you base your opinion on race and not the pitchers performance?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

If he's good and can help our team it's a no-brainer, of course we should bid on him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

what does dice-k have to do with this pitcher?

you were inferring that dice-k was  a flop and based soley on the fact that they come from the same continent this kid would be a flop too... which is totally off base

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Sounds like a reasonable guy to go after

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dice K ring a bell?

[/QUOTE]

Dice-K was a 15 game winner for a World Series Champion his 1st year here, then finished 3rd in the CY Young voting his 2nd year.  He was hardly the colossal bust he is made out to be.  He wasn't as good as advertised, he wasn't likable and watching him pitch was absolutely maddening at times, but he opened the door for the Sox to be players in the Asian market.  Hideki Okajima is one of the best middle relievers the Sox have had in recent years and Junichi Tazawa was filthy out of the pen this year.  Hideo Nomo won 13 games while giving the Sox 200 innings during his season in Boston, which included a no-hitter.  They have had some success with Asian players...

To insuate that the Sox should stay away from Asian players because Dice-K wasn't as good as the "hype" is a little ignorant...

[/QUOTE]

Actually its a lot ignorant. But hey, some "fans" live for that on here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dice K ring a bell?

[/QUOTE]

no idiot. quasimodo rings a bell.

[/QUOTE]

Who helped you to spell that you bozo?

[/QUOTE]

no answer as to why you base your opinion on race and not the pitchers performance?

[/QUOTE]

I said Dice K

nuff said..but by all means........follow the Red Sox regime line and say he was awesome.

[/QUOTE]

Well theres some logic for ya

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you want to elaborate on that a little bit? have you seem him pitch before? is he garbage?

[/QUOTE]

You are so right ... Sorry ! Ihave never seen him pitch . What team did he pitch for and how did the Sox do against him??? Get my drift ??? I didn't see Dice K pitch either. Lets take another gamble and hope he's the real deal or guys like you will be screaming at Owners and GM for being so stupid for not learning from Dice K mistake..Thats my elaborate ok ????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

When is the last time a Korea pitcher have done well in MLB?  Most of them are busted!!

Sections
Shortcuts