Should Theo trade for Jose Reyes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Re: Should Theo trade for Jose Reyes?

In Response to Re: Should Theo trade for Jose Reyes?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Theo trade for Jose Reyes? : No, you are quite right.  the only part he has played in the Sox success thus far has been #1 Yankee Spanker.

Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

No denying that, space.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Theo trade for Jose Reyes? : No denying that, space.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]
     Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]I am a huge redsox fan, but if you are saying Pedroia is at Jose Reyes's level in term of impact he can make in a single game, then you can't be more wrong. Jose Reyes is a dynamic talent, a 5 tool player at his very best. His power number hasn't been up there because he has been playing at the worst park for HR for the last couple years. The only knock on this guy is that he is a bit of an injury prone, but he plays hard and his energy affects his teammate. There is no coincident that the Mets, despite all the injuries (David Wright, Ike Davis, Johan Santana, Chris Young) are one game below .500. Reyes is the kind of player who when he is hot can carry a team on his shoulder for weeks. Pedroia is a great player, but I don't think he impacts the game the way Reyes can. I wish the Sox didn't pay Crawford all that money and saved that for Reyes. You just can't find another SS who is as dynamic as Reyes in FA.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

This is way wrong, Pedrioa is a notoriously hot player, he's the guy who will suddenly break out for a 3 home run game, or bat .400 over a few week stretch. Look back at every season and there was a point Pedey put this team on his back. Even this year, Pedey was attempting to will us to victory during our horrific 2-10 start, and with any sort of starting pitching behind him he probably would've been successful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Should Theo trade for Jose Reyes? : But Reyes is their superstar. This would be like the Red Sox falling on hard times and deciding to deal Dustin Pedroia. Except that reyes is leading the majors in batting and the hobbit...err...he has not played like a "superstar" since '08.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Once again, your opinion.  Dustin is the heart and soul of the Sox.  He hit .296 and score 115 runs in 2009.  What world are you living in?  Pedey is locked up long term so it is an apples and oranges comparison anyway.  Nice try though Babe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I am a huge redsox fan, but if you are saying Pedroia is at Jose Reyes's level in term of impact he can make in a single game, then you can't be more wrong. Jose Reyes is a dynamic talent, a 5 tool player at his very best. His power number hasn't been up there because he has been playing at the worst park for HR for the last couple years. The only knock on this guy is that he is a bit of an injury prone, but he plays hard and his energy affects his teammate. There is no coincident that the Mets, despite all the injuries (David Wright, Ike Davis, Johan Santana, Chris Young) are one game below .500. Reyes is the kind of player who when he is hot can carry a team on his shoulder for weeks. Pedroia is a great player, but I don't think he impacts the game the way Reyes can. I wish the Sox didn't pay Crawford all that money and saved that for Reyes. You just can't find another SS who is as dynamic as Reyes in FA.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

Tell that to Yankee fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

How about Drew for Reyes straight up?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Trade for Reyes only if they can sign him to an extension. Not as a rental.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I think were doing just fine, I thought people were okay with the idea of Iglesias as our SS next year? We have a potent enough lineup already, and he would be batting 8th. Also, the Mets would want Iglesias, Reddick, and probably 2 top pitching prospects, remember that Reyes is all the have, they aren't going to "rent" him for a couple of scrubs. People say he isn't a great teammate and the only reason he's doing so well it's because he's trying since it's his contract year. Let him stay in the NL like Drew should have. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from benn. Show benn's posts

i like jose,

but we have enough money?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

[QUOTE]actually, baby, i think JETER looks a lot like OPRAH.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]
    DEREK JETER!