Should Valentine be fired??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Should Valentine be fired??

In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired??:
    [QUOTE]Motown, I  never saw it that way but then you must read different columnists than I did at the time. The only facts that we have is what we see on the games on TV, the postgame, ESPN etc, and newspapers. Anything else is guesswork. Do you live in Detroit?
    Posted by Fenwayjimy[/QUOTE]

1-It looked to me like he was sulking.

2-I was surprised at the trade, and thought he was worth more.

3-Calzone was spot on.  The picture of Jeter coming out of the stands with blood on his face, and Nomar sitting in the dugout said a 1000 words.

Everything that happened afterwards proved us right.  We won without him, Nomar signed for about half what we offered him, and he almost never played SS again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Back to whether Bobby V. should be fired?   YES!

Given the fact that ownership, the FO, & the players are clearly not behind him, what is the point of keeping???

Keeping him around at this point is simply cutting off your nose to spite your face!

*  Yes!  It implicitly sends the players the message that they still rule the roost.  If done without qualifiers!
    *  They must can bobby v., but let the players know that they are on notice.  The next guy has absolute authority to make any call he wants with respect to players.  His methods will be backed 100%, and players who don't tow the line, will face consequences.
    *  Several problem players must go in the off season!
    *  The next guy should have the final word on coaches.
    *  The players should be told, the next problem you have with the manager will result in a trade!

Just a few thoughts off the cuff.....  :)

Bobby V. may well be a joke, but he was never given a prayer of succeeding with this group of players!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Nothing like leaving a pitcher in when everyone watching can tell he's exhausted.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Should Valentine be fired?? : great post.....apparently, folks like to keep their blinders on when it doesn't fit the story in their heads (that they've unwittingly been fed....in this case by the Boston media and the front office).
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

yet you still never answered my specific questions?  simple questions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

To the issue....

I give Valentine no more than a week!

This nightmare can't keep going on like this without trying to do something???

Not even near all his fault, but he has contributed to the circus atmosphere, nobody is following him, he's not doing anything to inspire the team, he's bringing up issues that apparently happened 2 months ago (Middy?), & killing another 4 game rally with HIS distractions!

He simply must go!  NOW!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

yes bobby v should be fired, the need to get someone who has a brain. his line ups make no sense 99% of the time. he has been decent with managing the pen, but thats about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Who replaces BV?  Who wants to manage these clods?  

Francona?  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

After the season is over - I'm fairly certain he'll be fired.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The tactical errors are piling up now. Sure, he was given a pile of horse manure as a roster, but leaving Aceves in the game tonite and allowing Mauer to hit were obvious mistakes. I am on the fence about retaining him next year-just for his tactical mistakes alone.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

WHEN YOU LOOK AT THIS TEAM , UP AND DOWN THE LINEUP
    YOU SOON REALIZE THAT THERE IS LIMITED BIG GAME TALENT
    ON THIS CLUB.  THERE ARE ONLY TWO "CLUTCH" PLAYERS
    ON THE STARTING 9....PAPI AND PEDEY.. AFTER THAT, YOU
    ARE TALKING ABOUT MEDIOCRITY.  EVEN AGON IS A LOSER.
    HE IS JUST NOT A BIG GAME PLAYER...AND NEVER WILL BE.
    HE'S JUST A GOOD SPRAY HITTER AND THAT'S WHERE THE
    ROAD ENDS. AGON LOOKS OUT FOR HIMSELF.  THE REST OF 
    THE GUYS,  AVILES, SHOPPACH, PUNTO, SALTY, ELLSBURY
    CRAWFORD, NAVA, ARE A BUNCH OF SCRUBS. LAST PLACE
    IS A LOCK FOR THIS TEAM.  THE TWINS, BY THE WAY ARE A
    BETTER TEAM THAN THE RED SOX, WITH HUNGRIER PLAYERS
    AND BETTER PITCHING. YOU GOTTA LAUGH AT THE BOSTON
    FANS MOCKING CARROL WITH THEIR CHANT IN INNING 9.
    HE FIXED THE SOX GOOD, FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS AND GUESS
    WHO GOT THE LAST LAUGH.  JAMIE CARROLL !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Hope the next manager has experience as a pitching coach.  Too bad we missed John Farrell.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Hope the next manager has experience as a pitching coach.  Too bad we missed John Farrell.
    Posted by lscheue[/QUOTE]

There is no manager on earth who could have managed this sack of overrated losers to a ring this year. Its going to take three years for us to become good again-and only if we flush the front office personnel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

aceves was clearly gassed...and valentine looked it as well...not good

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Fire BV and bring in a new manager to work with the same players that BV has to work with?  That should get us to first place in a hurry.  It's easy to see that the season has nothing to do with the players - it is strictly the dumb manager running this team of all stars.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Fire BV and bring in a new manager to work with the same players that BV has to work with?  That should get us to first place in a hurry.  It's easy to see that the season has nothing to do with the players - it is strictly the dumb manager running this team of all stars.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

NOBODY is saying that it's Bobby v. & not the players.

What is it you don't get?

Bobby V. still must go!  Tonight!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

We all know he players are s hitting the bed!  That does not mean Bobby V. shouldn't go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I guess I know where the bashing thread is then...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I guess firing him would allow everyone to feel better when the team loses...at least they could shift the blame somewhere else...that might help.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

At this point it couldn't hurt to move on from Bobby V.  The team is very disappointing to watch each day as it is.

Is it me, or does the camera always pan into the dugout to show listless coaches and players with the thousand-yard stare?  Everyone looks like they are playing not to come up on the losing side again, or they are looking for an ump to blame or a divot in the field to blame on a bad play.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Can I say no yet?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

How about they move some of the sorry players they put out on the field every day? When are you going to hold them accountable for their profession? It was not all Francona nor is it Bobby V fault. It is the players and their fat contracts.