Should we be concerned?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Should we be concerned?

Im normally not the guy to post negative comments on the board because i love baseball, especially the Sox. I do however have a concern. Given that the some of the Sox decided not to stick with their workout programs as the season progressed, what is the FO doing about it? As of right now the Sox have no strength and conditioning coach. Is it safe to assume that the Sox have an assistant that has helped keep track of the rosters individual regiments? Does his job include diet and nutrition for players as well? I guess my point is, whats to keep this from getting worse? Anyone that has ever played sports at a competitive level can agree that to be sucsessfull you have to train year round. How well has that logic worked with the Sox in the past years? How many years in a row are these guys going to be allowed to show up in the spring out of shape? Im tired of hearing "I need to play into game shape" as an excuse. How can the Sox not have trainers that monitor these guys year round given the amount of money invested? Does anyone else think the Sox need to start cracking the workout whip now? Springtime is not too far away.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Should we be concerned?

Not overly concerned.  Most players are self-policing.  Those that aren't won't do much better just because someone is yelling at them.  Just like real life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Few Unions slugs are self policing. Ownership will take care of that issue, now that Bobby V and Cherry are in place.

People respond differently to criticism communications methods. Some need to be yelled at, yes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The conditioning coach that was fired was on WEEI recently and said that only 3-4 players lacked the motivation to stay in condition. Beyond that statement it is all speculative on how serious the problem is as a team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Should we be concerned?:
    Not overly concerned.  Most players are self-policing.  Those that aren't won't do much better just because someone is yelling at them.  Just like real life.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Thanks for RAISING my concern. Many Sox players do not appear to police themselves too well in this domain, so according to your theory, we will be stuck with the same bunch of out of shape laggards we had last season I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Captain Varitek policed it, along with fit and fiesty Private Wastefield. Anyone remember F-Troop?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Is it true that Babe was texting the forum and inadvertently walked into a swamp in the alligator alley section of Florida? At he he died doing what he loved to do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I think the problem lies mainly in pitching staff, hopefully that will change with new regime, I read somewhere that last year the pitchers stopped running between starts and overall conditioning slackened. Seeing how Beckett gained weight and Timmy's uniform got so big he had to go to Omar the tent maker to find one that hid his gut, this from a pitcher who has suffered back problems in the past. It wouldn't hurt Albers and Jenks to lose a few pounds either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Seeing how Beckett gained weight and Timmy's uniform got so big he had to go to Omar the tent maker to find one that hid his gut

You get a vat of potato salad, for that comedic nuget.

Laughter followed by pain is what the painful sight of Wastefield evokes.

Sections
Shortcuts