Showalter sure is dumb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Showalter sure is dumb

He left his closer in when any fool could tell he didn't have it. 

At least, that is what georom, bosox1941, and a couple of others would have said about Francona if Papelbon had given up the tying and winning runs. 

For the record, I of course don't think Showalter is dumb.  In fact, he seems to have been good for the Orioles. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Re: Showalter sure is dumb

Georom and Bosox1941 are trolls and you take them seriously. You lose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

hard for anyone to believe shuck bowalter  wasn't  aware that his texas rangers were roiders--sosa, gonzalez, palmeroid, gagne.  Showalter should have been thrown outta baseball

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Showalter sure is dumb:
    [QUOTE]Georom and Bosox1941 are trolls and you take them seriously. You lose.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]I have never really thought of Georom as a troll, he strikes me as a earnest enough poster. Bosox1941 seems to a one trick pony that has found away to blame everything from the RS losses, to RS not winning by wide enough a margin to global warming on Tito.

But somewhere in Birdland somebody is posting Max's post with sincere conviction.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's so dumb; he voted for Jeter for Gold Glove.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Showalter sure is dumb : I have never really thought of Georom as a troll, he strikes me as a earnest enough poster. Bosox1941 seems to a one trick pony that has found away to blame everything from the RS losses, to RS not winning by wide enough a margin to global warming on Tito. But somewhere in Birdland somebody is posting Max's post with sincere conviction.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I actually blame Softlaw's (majorleague in his latest incarnation)  hot air for global warming. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Those meaningless 5 gold gloves voted on by all managers and coaches from all the other league teams.

Tito was dump for not pinch running for Varitek in the 7th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Those meaningless 5 gold gloves voted on by all managers and coaches from all the other league teams. Tito was dumpfor not pinch running for Varitek in the 7th.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

Geez. You can't even spell d-u-m-b correctly.
    Freudian slap?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Showalter pulled his starter after 88 pitches, which I really wondered about. Franconal would have been killed if he pulled his starter after just 88 pitches in five innings then burned the bullpen like Showalter did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think it was a physical issue.
    They were airing on the side of caution.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Those meaningless 5 gold gloves voted on by all managers and coaches from all the other league teams.

Yeah, the same guys who don't watch all the games voted for Crawford also, so what does that show you?

We all know how much you love his fielding.

(Cue: goalpost movement.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]I think it was a physical issue. They were airing on the side of caution.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he was pitching with back stiffness and they didn't want to tax him too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Those meaningless 5 gold gloves voted on by all managers and coaches from all the other league teams. Tito was dump for not pinch running for Varitek in the 7th.
    Posted by majorleague[/QUOTE]

its just another useless complaint as nobody scored after Tek singled in Lowrie that inning. runners stranded on 1st and 2nd...With your way they would have stranded runners at 1st and 3rd..no difference...But you just keep up the useless whining..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]I think it was a physical issue. They were airing on the side of caution.

erring

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

That's fine. I wondered why he was out so early.

Still, if if was a Red Sox pitcher and Tito took out the starter after five shutout innings and just 88 pitches for the same reason and the bullpen blew up, the bashers on this board would have ripped him for coddling the players and not trying to win every game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Showalter may be dumb but Francona continues to lie to the fan's faces.

Yesterday, he claimed that Scott Acthinson was only back at Fenway to "get something that he left behind" and that there would be "no roster moves made".....I am just sick of this guy lying to the fans......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Showalter may be dumb but Francona continues to lie to the fan's faces. Yesterday, he claimed that Scott Acthinson was only back at Fenway to "get something that he left behind" and that there would be "no roster moves made".....I am just sick of this guy lying to the fans......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

if this bothers you, you will cringe when you hear that this aint exactly exclusive to Tito.  Most managers protect the inner workings of the club as best as possible, even if it means a little deception.  Just part of the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well shame on us for believing anything any manager says anymore.  Why even bother to interview them?  Nothing but a dog and pony show to help generate more TV revenue.  NESN is no better than CNN....However, I can say with 100% certainly that Francona is a bald faced lier and there is no way I can respect any man who lies.  Period. 

Not that I needed it, but that's one more reason to hate the man.  And if Theo puts him up to this then the same w/ him. 

All he had to say was "we prefer to keep our roster moves confidential until they are official"..........not "he was here to pick something up" - he IS a moron.........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 5/17/2011 4:13 AM EDT
    First: 3/15/2009
    Last: 5/17/2011
    Showalter pulled his starter after 88 pitches, which I really wondered about. Franconal would have been killed if he pulled his starter after just 88 pitches in five innings then burned the bullpen like Showalter did.
    I'm never wrong. Thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken
    and had that reliever given up a jack, Soft would have killed Francona for not allowing pitch number 89....Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Well shame on us for believing anything any manager says anymore.  Why even bother to interview them?  Nothing but a dog and pony show to help generate more TV revenue.  NESN is no better than CNN....However, I can say with 100% certainly that Francona is a bald faced lier and there is no way I can respect any man who lies.  Period.  Not that I needed it, but that's one more reason to hate the man.  And if Theo puts him up to this then the same w/ him.  All he had to say was "we prefer to keep our roster moves confidential until they are official"..........not "he was here to pick something up" - he IS a moron.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from.  I just don't even blink at that little misdirection.  I guess i kinda like the gamesmanship.  I mean, its not like he was really covering anything up.  A AAA pitcher who has been back and forth with the big club shows up in the clubhouse and he is 'just picking something up'?  To me, saying 'he is just picking something up' is a euphamism for "I am not at liberty to discuss roster moves prematurely, but, figure it out boys".  Its actually kinda funny.  But I understand your feelings on the matter.  No one likes a liar.  To each our own.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Showalter sure is dumb posted at 5/17/2011 4:13 AM EDT royf19 Posts: 5234 First: 3/15/2009 Last: 5/17/2011 Showalter pulled his starter after 88 pitches, which I really wondered about. Franconal would have been killed if he pulled his starter after just 88 pitches in five innings then burned the bullpen like Showalter did. I'm never wrong. Thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken and had that reliever given up a jack, Soft would have killed Francona for not allowing pitch number 89....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Hey Jete, this the first...... "WWBD"Tongue outUndecided

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL...thanks J, i totally forgot about that...Tongue out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Showalter sure is dumb : I understand where you are coming from.  I just don't even blink at that little misdirection.  I guess i kinda like the gamesmanship.  I mean, its not like he was really covering anything up.  A AAA pitcher who has been back and forth with the big club shows up in the clubhouse and he is 'just picking something up'?  To me, saying 'he is just picking something up' is a euphamism for "I am not at liberty to discuss roster moves prematurely, but, figure it out boys".  Its actually kinda funny.  But I understand your feelings on the matter.  No one likes a liar.  To each our own.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

http://youtu.be/2j8-_vIplso

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Showalter sure is dumb : http://youtu.be/2j8-_vIplso
    Posted by losmediasrojas[/QUOTE]

Laughing