Shutdown Crawford for 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

Shutdown Crawford for 2012

I think that Carl should get the Tommy John surgery sooner than later. We will need him more in 2013 than the rest of this year. Not sure what the time table is for a position player vice a pitcher, but I would guess it's less than a year. What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Re: Shutdown Crawford for 2012

Will he actually need surgery, or is that the most likely action?  I wonder why the team brought him back at all this year if it's what is needed.

I agree that if he needs the surgery, now is better than over the winter when he needs time to recover and get past any set-backs.  There often seem to be set-backs with players returning from injuries.

Do it now, get him healed, and hit the season running next year.  Unless, of course, he doesn't have to do the surgery, and let him play it out and rehab over the winter.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No, not shutting down guys hitting 3 doubles in a game. Need guys like that to attempt to win. Or is this the Throw In the Towel Gang.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Strike13. Show Strike13's posts

who says the sox are out of it??  last i checked we are still pretty close in standings, albeit we are sucking and under .500, LOTS of teams are having a mediocre season this year, it is not over yet.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Sox might be showcasing CC for this winter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

CC has a girlie arm anyways, so I doubt the surgery will hurt him that much anyways. Teams run at will on him anyways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRJB1. Show CRJB1's posts

In Response to Re: Shutdown Crawford for 2012:
    Sox might be showcasing CC for this winter. 

Posted by seannybboi

This is a very strong possibility. I did hear he recently cleared trade waivers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Why would you shut down one of the best players on your team when you can still get in the playoffs?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why would you shut down one of the best players on your team when you can still get in the playoffs?

Unless we bring back Joe Morgan, it's over, dude.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Why would you shut down one of the best players on your team when you can still get in the playoffs? Unless we bring back Joe Morgan, it's over, dude.
    Posted by moonslav59
    It probably is. But still, Pujols has been playing with essentially the same elbow almost his entire career. I'd like to see my man get some confidence back before he goes under the knife.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

anybody who thinks this team will make the playoffs is completely out of their minds.

it's time to prepare for 2013.

GO O's !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

anybody who thinks this team will make the playoffs is completely out of their minds. it's time to prepare for 2013. GO O's !
    Posted by jerrynewyork
    You're cheering for the O's jerry? Really? I would have expected better of you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

If we got a new manager tonight, would the players start trying tomorrow?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Shutdown Crawford for 2012 : You're cheering for the O's jerry? Really? I would have expected better of you.
    Posted by carnie

have to keep the pressure on NYY so they don't ease their way into the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Playoffs!, Pedroia and his bunch of cowards mailed it in a long time ago!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Playoffs!, Pedroia and his bunch of cowards mailed it in a long time ago!
    Posted by thefly8

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

if the sox are showcasing crawford for a trade, then thats fine. But if they have no intention on trading him, then it makes sense for them to shut him down and have the surgery now so that he will be 100% for next season. Chances of this team making the playoffs are very slim. Especially without middlebrooks and only good pitcher (buchholz). The rotation is horrible and we now have lost our guy with the 2nd most homers on the team and perhaps our best right handed bat. Ortiz will be back god knows when. The only reason to play crawford is if he is going to be dealt. if not, shut him down and stop wast time.

Sections
Shortcuts