Sign Einstein now to play RF

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Sign Einstein now to play RF

He might not have the range required to play RF at Fenway - he is dead, after all - but, much like Ryan Lavarnway, he had brains.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Sign Einstein now to play RF

Congratulations, you have started a thread that no one understands or can answer or question.

But Epstein has a better job than playing rightfield for an MLB team. His range is irrelevant, his death is exaggerated, and his similarity to Ryan Lavarnway is confusing , at best. The question of who has the most brains remains highly unlikely or important...at least to me.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

No brains went into this thread...................................................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I don't play RF, what do you think my name is - Timmy Lupis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Will Sonics be back to translate the Thread title into English?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Lavarnway, like Einstein, is Jewish. By that logic, sign Woody Allen for RF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Perhaps my reference was too opaque.  Apologies for overestimating you all.  ;-)

It was in response to the multitude of posters discussing - ad nauseaum - Lav's potential to leap to MLB at catcher or suddenly transmogrifying into a RF by virtue of his alleged high intelligence.

As if Rickey Henderson, Yogi Berra and Roger Clemens were Rhodes Scholars!

I hope he makes it, and soon, but whether he's a smart Yale grad (GHWB) or a dumb one (GWB) I am more concerned with his physical gifts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I guess that I missed the thread where everyone made those assumptions. I'm surprised that Softlaw isn't irate at Lavarnway for being a white college graduate from an Ivy League college. I, for one, never make a correlation between athletic ability and IQ and I can't fathom why anyone would.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Einstein now to play RF:
    I guess that I missed the thread where everyone made those assumptions. I'm surprised that Softlaw isn't irate at Lavarnway for being a white college graduate from an Ivy League college. I, for one, never make a correlation between athletic ability and IQ and I can't fathom why anyone would.
    Posted by UticaClub

Exactly!  People posting that Lav's alleged brains means he'll leapfrog the usual lengthy catcher apprentice period or suddenly turn into Ellis Valentine because he scored 87 quintillion on the MLBSAT exam is absurd.

Honestly, other than Thee Heroic Mythbusters (Joe B, Moon, Notin) and Thee Voices of Reason (hughct, Hill) the Chaff here is choking out the wheat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Congratulations, you have started a thread that no one understands or can answer or question. But Epstein has a better job than playing rightfield for an MLB team. His range is irrelevant, his death is exaggerated, and his similarity to Ryan Lavarnway is confusing , at best. The question of who has the most brains remains highly unlikely or important...at least to me.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

BTW Zilla, I accept your congratulations in the great spirit they were offered.  Also, your avatar is my daughter's favourite.  Though why a 3-year old has a favourite avatar here is open to evaluation....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Einstein now to play RF : just so u know I believe that photo is Tanner
    Posted by varsitypaws

What is relevant is that Andrewmitch is ecstatic with calling Carl Crawford the right fielder Lupus in a kiddie movie ( Bad News Bears)  from 1976. He is apparently an expert on the Constitution and on ancient kiddie baseball movies ( a stange combination).

Sections
Shortcuts