Sign Manny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Sign Manny

Sign Manny to play LF and move CC to RF.
    Solves a RH bat in the OF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Sign Manny

Heck, if you were going to do that, just put Manny in right. He's got a better arm and played RF with the Indians. Crawford has never played RF. Of course with Manny's limited range, Ellsbury would have to be Kelly Leak in CF, covering all of CF and at least half or RF.Innocent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A Kelly Leak reference?  Why not Willie Mays Hayes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Manny:
    A Kelly Leak reference?  Why not Willie Mays Hayes?
    Posted by notin

Because Kelly Leak was catching balls that the corner outfielders should have been catching. Willie Mays Hayes never did that.
    Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

kill this thread please

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

knew there would be a bring back Manny thread....just didn't think so soon

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Manny : Because Kelly Leak was catching balls that the corner outfielders should have been catching. Willie Mays Hayes never did that.
    Posted by royf19

Only because of the lack of OF action in "Major League".

I could have gone with Johnny Mostil, but I think that would have been a little obscure...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

What's the leftfielder's name?

No, he's on secondbase.

Who's on secondbase?

No,who's on first.

That's not what I'm askin' you!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What's the leftfielder's name? No, he's on secondbase. Who's on secondbase? No,who's on first. That's not what I'm askin' you!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

That's still a great routine.

They're still funny today -- all their routines and movies. I remember when I was in the seventh grade where me and another guy did the skit where Abbott wanted to borrow money from Costello and by the end of the routine, Abbott had all of Costello's money and Costello owed Abbott money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Sign Manny:
    Sign Manny to play LF and move CC to RF. Solves a RH bat in the OF.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Did you know that he have to serve 50 games suspension?  So therefore, who will play LF while Manny serving suspension??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It is probably my favorite comedy routine along with George Carlin's Baseball/football, and the scene where the judge and Chico Marx in Duck Soup...." that would mean a prohibitive increase in our taxes."..."I got an uncle lives in Taxes!"..."No. I'm talking about, money...dollars!"..."Hey, that's where my uncle lives...Dollars, Taxes!!!"

Now about this sign Manny stuff....I don't think this would fly with most people. Seems like he's more villian than hero since his departure....kind of like Theo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Sign Manny : Did you know that he have to serve 50 games suspension?  So therefore, who will play LF while Manny serving suspension??
    Posted by GoUconn13

Let Jim Rice hold down the fort for 50 games. Rice looks like he can still hit. Manny can replace Rice in the studio for those games so we know he's watching the team.
    Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Sign Manny:
    Sign Manny to play LF and move CC to RF. Solves a RH bat in the OF.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Manny may help some club later in the season.  I understand Tampa may still want him back but no way he ever comes back to Boston.  He and Damon belong together.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tellthatonegoodbye. Show tellthatonegoodbye's posts

Yeah...let's sign a 39yo drama queen who hasn't played in a season, was on the decline when he did play, was caught cheating and retired to avoid the punishment. That's what the Sox need going forward. Class.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

It just goes to show you some people(fans) just don't care what an athlete does, they just care about production and winning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Manny Delcarmen plays the OF now? lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Yeah...let's sign a 39yo drama queen who hasn't played in a season, was on the decline when he did play, was caught cheating and retired to avoid the punishment. That's what the Sox need going forward. Class.
    Posted by tellthatonegoodbye

He barely played last year. That means he's fresh for this year, rather than being worn down after another long season.
    Money mouth

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Heck.  While you are at it go sign Ryan Braun split time with Crawbaby once his 50 gane suspension is over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Heck, if you were going to do that, just put Manny in right. He's got a better arm and played RF with the Indians. Crawford has never played RF. Of course with Manny's limited range, Ellsbury would have to be Kelly Leak in CF, covering all of CF and at least half or RF.
    Posted by royf19

That is right and I had forgotten one of the bIg concerns was wether Manny would even change from RF to LF. Sort of like the Valentine/Nomar, ARod/Jeter, or the Reyes/Hanley thing... in the end they all moved and were better for it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Ellsbury will play it on the easy big waiting for FA contract hop, so forget the notion he will cover more than part of his own position. 

Offer Manny minor league contract for minimum and if he peforms well enough then contract with him for 1M if he starts and finishes the season on the active roster.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Ellsbury will play it on the easy big waiting for FA contract hop, so forget the notion he will cover more than part of his own position. 

Offer Manny minor league contract for minimum and if he peforms well enough then contract with him for 1M if he starts and finishes the season on the active roster.

If there is a soothing point to your posts about Ellsbury, it is that you have been patently wrong about Jake every time.  Your character slam in this one is just as surely erroneous as all your others.  It's almost pleasant to watch you make stupid statements about him and then see you get slapped in the face by your own words and attitude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Manny :   NOT ON MY BALL FIELD .....  THAT "DESPICABLE- MANCHILD-FRAUD-QUITTER-JUICER-SH!TBUM", SHOULD BE TOLD TO GO AWAY AND NEVER COME BACK !!!   AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL" !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

BILL, I had no doubt you would find this thought an affront.  :o)  You have been more than clear about your feelings about Manny.

There is a small part of me that would like to see Manny come back and rehabilitate his reputation here.  But I don't think Manny has any earthly desire to rehab anything in Boston.  He knows he's burned the bridges.

I still can't erase the superb times we had with im from my mind.  I am saddened it ended as it did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Sign Manny : BILL, I had no doubt you would find this thought an affront.  :o)  You have been more than clear about your feelings about Manny. There is a small part of me that would like to see Manny come back and rehabilitate his reputation here.  But I don't think Manny has any earthly desire to rehab anything in Boston.  He knows he's burned the bridges. I still can't erase the superb times we had with im from my mind.  I am saddened it ended as it did.
    Posted by SinceYaz
      NOT EVEN  LUCCIANO's WOULD SANCTION HIS RETURN !!!!!  HE IS DONE,COOKED,FLUSHED,DOA  !!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why cant they just let manny be manny and allow him to snort, inject, or smoke whatever he wants as long as he hits for power and avg????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I actually like the idea of bringing Manny Back for a couple $M's, he is familiar with the Sox system and Val will keep him in check to behave. It will serve the OF problem and it will be a win-win for both th parties. I doubt he would sign with the Sox though.

Sections
Shortcuts