Sign Manny

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Sign Manny

In Response to Re: Sign Manny:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Sign Manny : Manny may help some club later in the season.  I understand Tampa may still want him back but no way he ever comes back to Boston.  He and Damon belong together.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I agree that resigning with Tampa Bay is a definite possibility.   I wish that he had just decided to serve his suspension last year.  It really didn't accomplish anything for him by retiring and leaving his team without him for the remainder of the season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I really didn't believe so many would take this seriously.Maybe the Florida sun has dulled my New England sarcasm a bit.

Although despite what others think (hatred) I wouldn't mind if they gave him a chance. When you look at what is still out there he still maybe the best of the lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]I really didn't believe so many would take this seriously.Maybe the Florida sun has dulled my New England sarcasm a bit. Although despite what others think (hatred) I wouldn't mind if they gave him a chance. When you look at what is still out there he still maybe the best of the lot.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox would never resign him.  I would imagine that if the Rays don't resign him he could end up on many other teams.  Especially in the American League. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Noooooooooooooooooo.  A thousand times NO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

been patently wrong about Jake every time

2008 and 2009 and 2010. Emotional blanket response from board homey. Nice to see Crawford has Ellsbury money parking space in Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Sox have just signed the late Donnie Moore as closer. The move was intended to take the pressure off of Daniel Bard. Sox have also indicated they are close to coming to terms with Nick Esasky, now finally cured of vertigo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]why cant they just let manny be manny and allow him to snort, inject, or smoke whatever he wants as long as he hits for power and avg????
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Would that also include doing all of the things that you are bashing Lester, Lackey, Bucholz, Beckett for allegedly doing? It would be fine with you in Manny eats too much chicken, drinks beer during games, and plays video games on his IPod. Why did you chastize the above players for being aloof, undisciplined, poor teammates, and out of condition and then turn around and give Manny a free pass for doing the same things?

As always you are 100 percent illogical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sign Manny": [QUOTE]hankwilliams Ellsbury will play it on the easy big waiting for FA contract hop, so forget the notion he will cover more than part of his own position.  Offer Manny minor league contract for minimum and if he peforms well enough then contract with him for 1M if he starts and finishes the season on the active roster. If there is a soothing point to your posts about Ellsbury, it is that you have been patently wrong about Jake every time.  Your character slam in this one is just as surely erroneous as all your others.  It's almost pleasant to watch you make stupid statements about him and then see you get slapped in the face by your own words and attitude. Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE] There were rumors of racism against Indians posted last summer, and while I am usually the last one to appeal to that kind of silliness, in this case I can see no other alternative. His paranoid hatred of Ellsbury is otherwise inexplicable, and is certifiable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

What makes anyone think Boston is the place Manny wants to return to?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]I really didn't believe so many would take this seriously.Maybe the Florida sun has dulled my New England sarcasm a bit. Although despite what others think (hatred) I wouldn't mind if they gave him a chance. When you look at what is still out there he still maybe the best of the lot.

Jim,

I did think you were being sarcastic and almost pointed it out.  But by that time, the idea had born a life of its own.  

Glad you made it clear.  Always better from the source.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Sign Manny": There were rumors of racism against Indians posted last summer, and while I am usually the last one to appeal to that kind of silliness, in this case I can see no other alternative. His paranoid hatred of Ellsbury is otherwise inexplicable, and is certifiable.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

What you fail to recognize is that Softlaw is not a bigot but is a troll. How many times do you need to be spoon-fed the definition of a troll. Softlaw probably has a black man in his family, has relatives who are liberal and he accepts, but what he loves to do for entertainment sake is to come to this forum and pretend to be a different person so that he will be entertained. He loves seeing posters take the bait. He comes here to stir the pot and giggle at the responses. Sadly too many fall for the act / routine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I guess you missed all his anti-Semitic (ask katz), anti-native American Indian (ask Jake), anti-goodoleboy (ask Wake), anti-gay (too many to list), anti-divorcee (Vtek, but not McCain or Newt) and whatever posts.

He's a troll and a bigot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Yeah, I knew you were being sarcastic. THat's why I tried to have fun with it myself. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to lose their grip on this thread.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

And Manny is sounding very contrite now, even going so far as to be open to a minor league deal. I'd take a shot on him for an incentive laden $1 million deal. It could literally bail us out of our RF hole and I'm sure he'd love to play for a ring. Interesting....

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Manny : That is right and I had forgotten one of the bIg concerns was wether Manny would even change from RF to LF. Sort of like the Valentine/Nomar, ARod/Jeter, or the Reyes/Hanley thing... in the end they all moved and were better for it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattb5fon. Show mattb5fon's posts

as unrealistic as this sounds i really think it would be a decent idea. granted he could be a role player/platoon guy. On top of that i think he sincerely feels bad about how he left. if we can get him at league minimum or a little bit more whats the risk?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I'd sign Manny after Valentine tells him will be kick his a2s up and down the dugout if he acts up and by the way he gets $1 million for 1 yr and thats it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]It just goes to show you some people(fans) just don't care what an athlete does, they just care about production and winning.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I suppose we all have our limit as to what is acceptable/unacceptable behaviour and which of the unacceptable cannot be forgiven.

For me, doping wouldn't stop me from bringing an athlete back...they served their sentence, let's move on.  In Manny's case, I wouldn't want him back because he dogged it, not because he doped.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

been patently wrong about Jake every time

2008 and 2009 and 2010. Emotional blanket response from board homey. Nice to see Crawford has Ellsbury money parking space in Boston.

2008 ... when he was a mere 24 years old, you mean?  He hit .280, stole fifty bases  - which only tied him for first place in the AL ...  that terrible year?

or 2009 when he batted .301 and only stole 70 bases ... that terrible year you are throwing in my face???

ahhh so sweet, thank you for making my point.

now, 2010 ... here he's a real bum.  Four broken ribs that kept him out of all but 18 games ... was this the season you think he was somehow lacking?  REALLY?

And last year ... one of the sweetest of years ever ... that year?

or would you like to go back to 2007, when he burst on the scene in the playoffs and helped us win a second World Series in three seasons?

Hmmm...

You really made your point with me, hank. 

Your finest hour ... thanks for only making it clear that Ells has been a positive part - with growing influence - of the Red Sox ove the last four seasons.

I have an idea.  Why not try to disprove gravity?  I know ... it's hard to do when you are always falling down ... but, maybe you could sound as intelligent at that effort as you do with your Ells bashing.

You have me singing and laughing all at the same time.  Keep up the good work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Manny : You must not have seen Jim Rice at the plate during his last two years of his career 
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

The second-to-last year wasn't all that bad -- 15 HR, 72 RBI, .264 BA. Not great, but OK for the era. The last year always frustrated me because as I recall, he had a good spring and started strong. He had a good April -- 3 HR, 16 RBI, .291 BA (18 HR, 96 RBI pace). I was feeling good that he'd have a decent year. But then he slumped and got hurt in May and was basically done.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Manny : Would that also include doing all of the things that you are bashing Lester, Lackey, Bucholz, Beckett for allegedly doing? It would be fine with you in Manny eats too much chicken, drinks beer during games, and plays video games on his IPod. Why did you chastize the above players for being aloof, undisciplined, poor teammates, and out of condition and then turn around and give Manny a free pass for doing the same things? As always you are 100 percent illogical.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Poor Pike...has lost whatever sense of irony and sarcasm that he once had....the toll of cutting and pasting has turned Pike's brain to mush...

I think I was kidding Pike...

but then again you thought Papi was just "kidding" too when he barged in on Tito and swore up a storm in from of the press...remember that lie you kept on spreading????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

[QUOTE]why cant they just let manny be manny and allow him to snort, inject, or smoke whatever he wants as long as he hits for power and avg????
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

ALERT

The teacher from Springfield is just :

KIDDING
    TROLLING
    STIRRING THE POT
    DOING DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
    BEING CONTRARY
    FOOLING AROUND

HE IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.
    DISREGARD ALL THAT HE SAYS FROM NOW ON.
    IT IS ALL 100% BS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Sign Manny": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sign Manny : Poor Pike...has lost whatever sense of irony and sarcasm that he once had....the toll of cutting and pasting has turned Pike's brain to mush... I think I was kidding Pike... but then again you thought Papi was just "kidding" too when he barged in on Tito and swore up a storm in from of the press...remember that lie you kept on spreading???? Posted by georom4[/QUOTE] Wasting your time Geo. I've told him that same thing about a half dozen times, and he just doesn't get it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I said that Pedroia was playing a joke on Papi. It was documented in the press repeatedly. You seem to ignore that distinction. Instead you are calling Pedroia a liar when he is not. I know that it is complex but damn it you are a teacher and should be able to understand things like that.