Signing draft picks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Signing draft picks

I would like the Sox to sign all of the draft prospects that was drafted this year, even if it means we don't go after much on the Fa market next year.  I think next FA is weak except for the first base position and we have that covered. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Re: Signing draft picks

I was wondering how they were doing in this department.  I know there are/were 4 1st rounders to sign still, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

i dont think the money the sox spend on draft picks will affect how much they spend in free agency. And fyi, our future dh just so happens to be a free agent this year, and his name is prince fielder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I followed it for awhile and thought that they signed many of their draft picks. We need help here from someone who has the time and effort to follow up on this matter. Good question. Sticking with home grown prospects has always been my preference also and if that doesn't work then you go fill the holes through free agency. Theo and his high salaried and competent staff are normally on top of all of this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

boom will know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

last i heard we hadnt signed the top guys. my understanding the top guys usually sign latest (leverage)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

They have signed 21 of their top 53 picks, 10 of their top 20, 3 of the top ten, they have signed both their 2nd and 3rd round picks and none of their first round picks. This is not abnormal. First rounders jocky for bonuses as long as possible.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Tick-Tock goes the clock.   Thanks for the updates, Promise.  I know the first rounders ususally wait.  Four is more to sign than usual.

Hope they git er done!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

In Response to Re: Signing draft picks:
    i dont think the money the sox spend on draft picks will affect how much they spend in free agency. And fyi, our future dh just so happens to be a free agent this year, and his name is prince fielder.
    Posted by redsoxpride34

keep telling yourself that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to Re: Signing draft picks:
    Tick-Tock goes the clock.   Thanks for the updates, Promise.  I know the first rounders ususally wait.  Four is more to sign than usual. Hope they git er done!
    Posted by rickerd2

2 are done with college, no where for them to go, the HS players could be an issue and just move on to college. Always a trap shoot with HS players. Im not sure what the rules are on 1st rounders not signing if they were from other teams or the  sandwhich picks. I do believe if their own first rounder did not sign they would get an additional pick next year, but that went to TB. I like to follow the draft and kids through the system, I dont keep up real well with the rules of the draft though.

Sections
Shortcuts