Silly season - love it or leave it?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Silly season - love it or leave it?

In Response to Silly season - love it or leave it?:
    [QUOTE]I find myself sort of disliking this part of the baseball year. It reminds me of junior high school, where rumors about who likes who were a constant distraction and you couldn't believe most of what you heard. Jose Reyes? Forget it. Hunter Pence? Would be nice, but isn't going to happen. Felix Hernandez? Please stop, already. I'm looking forward to August 1 just so we can get back to baseball and the pennant race.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE]

Dave,

Analogy appreciated.

We make some fairly silly suggeestions ...and some good ones.

When the Globe posts 23 possibilities .... it almost seems endless.

Still, what a great position to be in!

At least we are going first class...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning Dave and Yaz-o, unfortunately Dave, this is part of the process, i feel you on that sentiment though, i'm more partial to the ones that come under the radar(Granderson) those that at times spark a team, but i guess the big "name" will continue to be the headline during this period, sometimes as it has been shown, standing pat is the best deal made...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Agree with OP.  Silly season is a combination of "it's that time of year" and "we all love to play fantasy baseball."

Theo could do worse than stand pat.  There are very few GM's out there who want to offer a really good deal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Silly season - love it or leave it?:
    [QUOTE]I find myself sort of disliking this part of the baseball year. It reminds me of junior high school, where rumors about who likes who were a constant distraction and you couldn't believe most of what you heard. Jose Reyes? Forget it. Hunter Pence? Would be nice, but isn't going to happen. Felix Hernandez? Please stop, already. I'm looking forward to August 1 just so we can get back to baseball and the pennant race.
    Posted by davetheknave[/QUOTE] AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, DID YOU HAVE A BAD EXPERIENCE IN JUNIOR HIGH" ????.......  HECK, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST TIMES OF THE BASEBALL SEASON.......  "LET ME BE CLEAR", A LOT LIKE WATCHING THE "BIG O" SQUIRM OF THE DEBT DEFAULT !!!! Sealed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

What I would've given to get into Jackie L's pants!  Sadly I was the pudgy kid w/ the mustache in 8th grade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

What do you mean Sox are not getting Pujols?! LOL...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

All of this fun and interest would be gone if teams weren't allowed to make trades during the season.  Settle for the folks you have for the whole season, instead of getting a savior from someone else's team.  How cool would that be?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

Since it is trade season, and since the Sox need to tweak the team a little; I propose that Theo trade Drew, Jenks, Lowrie, Oki, Lars, D Mac, and Sutton to the Yankees for Gardner, Granderson, and Cano. This would insure a WS Championship for the Sox this year.