Silver Lining, Ladies and Gentlemen ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Silver Lining, Ladies and Gentlemen ...

... its a series!  I know it would be easier on everyone's ulcers if the Sox pulled another WS sweep.  But, and I mean this seriously, the Cards rolling over ala Cards 04 and Rockies 07 would have been a somewhat disappointing climax to this gritty and hard-fought season.  Don't get me wrong, I will take duck boats no matter how we get there, but this club's essence has been its fight, its ability to face adversity and rise to the challenge.  The World Series should be the ultimate challenge.  

Wacha and Rosenthal, we knew coming in, are the real deal.  But, I feel pretty darn sure the club has put it behind them and will come out Saturday ready to take names.  What else ya got Cards?  Lance Lynn and Kelly aren't keeping anyone up at night.  Of course, Peavey may keep all of us up at night.  Which Jake shows up?  

Anyway, after Rosenthal finished putting the sox to bed last night, I said to myself "well, its a series now".  And that actually felt good.  The 2013 Red Sox live for the challenge.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Silver Lining, Ladies and Gentlemen ...

Re: Silver Lining, Ladies and Gentlemen ...Game 3 Tongue Out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Very well said Spaceman.This is just a best of 5 series now,and I like the Red Sox chances.

GO RED SOX !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We will only face Wacha one more time.

That's the silver lining.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We get him next time.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

... its a series!  I know it would be easier on everyone's ulcers if the Sox pulled another WS sweep.  But, and I mean this seriously, the Cards rolling over ala Cards 04 and Rockies 07 would have been a somewhat disappointing climax to this gritty and hard-fought season.  Don't get me wrong, I will take duck boats no matter how we get there, but this club's essence has been its fight, its ability to face adversity and rise to the challenge.  The World Series should be the ultimate challenge.  

Wacha and Rosenthal, we knew coming in, are the real deal.  But, I feel pretty darn sure the club has put it behind them and will come out Saturday ready to take names.  What else ya got Cards?  Lance Lynn and Kelly aren't keeping anyone up at night.  Of course, Peavey may keep all of us up at night.  Which Jake shows up?  

Anyway, after Rosenthal finished putting the sox to bed last night, I said to myself "well, its a series now".  And that actually felt good.  The 2013 Red Sox live for the challenge.  

[/QUOTE]

Gotta admit, Space, I'd prefer a nice drama-free sweep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

This year's sox don't sweep as a rule, they win series.  That's how they earned the best record in the AL.  My only concern is buch, will he be ready for game 4.  If he's not in prime form it could mean trouble.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

This year's sox don't sweep as a rule, they win series.  That's how they earned the best record in the AL.  My only concern is buch, will he be ready for game 4.  If he's not in prime form it could mean trouble.

Would we go to Lester on short rest, if we are down 2-1?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Doubie should be successful against this Cards lineup as long as he has recovered from the fatigue he showed in September.  I have a feeling Doubie will be pitching in the game scheduled for Buchholz to start, either as a starter or to relieve Buchholz around the 5th inning.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt....to be honest , I am not convinced that Doubront wouldnt be the better option than a limited BUch anyway....3 reasons....1) The Cards have trouble with lefties.....2) Doubies issues later in the season seem to be work load related.....he is probably feeing stronger than in along time right now and 3) Doubie has done pretty well in Big Games(see Yankee Games). If Buch is starting, his leash has about 3 links on it and I am going to a warmed up Doubie, if not I am fine with Doubie starting.....if we go with Lester on short rest, we would have issues in Game 5 .....would rather have him there if we go down 3-1 or to take control if it is 2-2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gotta admit, Space, I'd prefer a nice drama-free sweep.

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  I understand lloyd, I do.  

But as a student of the dramatic arts, and a staunch believer that the Sox are taking this thing, all I can say is -

When all is said and done, the feelings that come with duck boats: euphoria, pride, unity, etc., will be all the more transcendent because of a hard fought battle with a worthy opponent.  

This didn't matter in 04, as the ALCS was bigger than any WS could ever be.  The epic grandeur needed only the formality of the inevitable sweep.

07 could have used a little drama, but, again, there was ALCS drama aplenty.  It seems mostly forgotten that the Sox had to claw back from 3-1 against the Indians, delivered by JD Drew (just throwing that in there to see if I can set off a clamor of bashing zombies).

This year, with this tough group of hard-nosed gamers that no one thought could get to this stage, this club needs to take it in a more dramatic fashion (the dramatist in me speaking).  

Sure, my nerves and my emotional balance are begging to get this done in 5.  But, big picture in the great saga of the Boston Red Sox, it will be so much the richer to look back on how they pulled out that tense and dramatic world series of 2013.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to drewpinchhitforagainstrhp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like how Wacca, Wacca, Wacca was dominating the Red Sox lineup without using any curve ball. He was a rookie who embarrased the Red Sox lineup. I'm not surprised. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course you are not surprised.  I am not surprised either.

But we are not surprised for entirely different reasons.

I am not surprised because, watching Wacha pitch during this post-season, I knew that he was great and would be really hard to make anything happen against.

You are not surprised because any chance to predict Red Sox failure, you take it.

You look at as the Sox line-up being embarrased.  But that is really taking credit away from this kid.  He pitched great.  i appreciate that.  tip o the cap instead of a mean-spirited insult.  But, thats you and thats me.  

As always, i am left wondering what a blast you must be at a party.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]

I like how Wacca, Wacca, Wacca was dominating the Red Sox lineup without using any curve ball. He was a rookie who embarrased the Red Sox lineup. I'm not surprised. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Sox hit him better than anyone else in the playoffs.  He did use the curve, but sparingly.  Mostly it was fastballs and that nasty changeup, which, as it turns out, Ortiz hit for the 2 run dinger.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm not interested in being the life of the party, Space. Letting a rookie embarrass the Red Sox lineup is as much a reflection on the Red Sox lineup as it was on Wacca pitching a good game. Ortiz showed what's wrong with the lineup. Wacca wasn't efficient and wasn't deceptive. He had two basic pitches, and he wasn't a 1 or 2 innings relief pitcher. 

Time to knock off the Gomes as four leave clover on decision making for lineups and get Nava's .800 plus 2013 playoffs OPS In the lineup, and it's time for "Mr. .050" to find a seat and take the role of "look at his defense" in the late innings. I'm not impressed with his defense, but assuming one is then he's a late innings defensive sub with an .050 auto-out bat. 

[/QUOTE]

Wacha pitched very well.  What do you mean "wasn't deceptive"?  The reason he didn't need to throw breaking pitches is that his change-up had the sox hitters in knots.  That is deception at its finest.  You call it embarassing because any chance you have to slag the Red Sox, you will take it.  But I tip my hat to the kid.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many more appearances will Wainwright make though?

Hey, you think that Wainwright pokes fun of his teammate Beltran for letting a called strike go by w/ the bases juiced, full count, game and series on the line? 

Sections
Shortcuts