Silver Linings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Silver Linings

FWIW:

Lester - If Jonny has finally moved beyond the Inexplicable Bad Aprils syndrome, this might by his long-awaited Cy Young season.  Great start in game 1.

Padilla - Nice work Vicente.  He could be this year's Aceves, going long short, starting if they need him to.  

Papi - Looks like at least one more Papi season huh?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Silver Linings

I'll add Gonzales has gotten off to a good start....shoulder should be 100%, it was not last season. Please, no HR derby this year, Adrian

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Silver Linings:
    [QUOTE]FWIW: Lester - If Jonny has finally moved beyond the Inexplicable Bad Aprils syndrome, this might by his long-awaited Cy Young season.  Great start in game 1. Padilla - Nice work Vicente.  He could be this year's Aceves, going long short, starting if they need him to.   Papi - Looks like at least one more Papi season huh?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Space, I can  always rely on you for a voice of reason. 1/54 of the season is over...

Lester did look good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]FWIW: Lester - If Jonny has finally moved beyond the Inexplicable Bad Aprils syndrome, this might by his long-awaited Cy Young season.  Great start in game 1. Padilla - Nice work Vicente.  He could be this year's Aceves, going long short, starting if they need him to.   Papi - Looks like at least one more Papi season huh?

You need to include Morales, he's earning his pay as well. Agon, and Sweeney as well (even though he misplayed that fly ball).

Now, the rest of the regulars, not so much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Silver Linings:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Silver Linings : You need to include Morales, he's earning his pay as well. Agon, and Sweeney as well (even though he misplayed that fly ball). Now, the rest of the regulars, not so much.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Morales too.  And, yes, Agon.  I am remiss.  I didn't include Sweeney just because of that gaffe in the field.  Too many bad memories of September Swoon little league fielding for me to hold anyone up as silver lining who muffs a makable play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

another silver lining?.........Yanks are 0-3

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]another silver lining?.........Yanks are 0-3
    Posted by Iceman4[/QUOTE]

ah yes, maybe the best one of all  Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

More or less a given at this point but Pedroia also had a good weekend.  Clutch hitting and a couple nice plays in the field.

Maybe we'll go 0-162 but it is still fun to watch the future HOF 2nd basemen. 

I'd say another silver lining is that twice this team fought back.  2 runs in the 9th on Thursday and then not only coming back from a quick 4-0 hole yesterday but also settling down and regaining the lead after Aceves blew it in the 9th.  A lot of that credit goes to Morales, who already has gotten his very deserved shout outs on this thread, but also to the offense that put up the 2 spot in the 11th. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]More or less a given at this point but Pedroia also had a good weekend.  Clutch hitting and a couple nice plays in the field. Maybe we'll go 0-162 but it is still fun to watch the future HOF 2nd basemen.  I'd say another silver lining is that twice this team fought back.  2 runs in the 9th on Thursday and then not only coming back from a quick 4-0 hole yesterday but also settling down and regaining the lead after Aceves blew it in the 9th.  A lot of that credit goes to Morales, who already has gotten his very deserved shout outs on this thread, but also to the offense that put up the 2 spot in the 11th. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

And the 2 spot in the top 9 game 1.  Yeah man, the O showed some True Grit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silver Linings : ah yes, maybe the best one of all  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]YellYell   Tongue out

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silver Linings : Yeah, Morales too.  And, yes, Agon.  I am remiss.  I didn't include Sweeney just because of that gaffe in the field.  Too many bad memories of September Swoon little league fielding for me to hold anyone up as silver lining who muffs a makable play.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]Don't forget Dad & Bill-806 toooooo !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Just what exactly did happen to last year's Aceves ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Silver Linings : Just what exactly did happen to last year's Aceves ?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

He got his chain pulled about the open starter competition after readying himself to start all winter, then got thrown into a closer role that was about the one thing that he hasn't really gotten his feet wet with.  A lot of things going on right now for Alfredo. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silver Linings : He got his chain pulled about the open starter competition after readying himself to start all winter, then got thrown into a closer role that was about the one thing that he hasn't really gotten his feet wet with.  A lot of things going on right now for Alfredo. 
    As down as I am on him right now, you make valid points. The guy is probably all messed up starting with his preperation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Silver Linings : Yeah, Morales too.  And, yes, Agon.  I am remiss.  I didn't include Sweeney just because of that gaffe in the field.  Too many bad memories of September Swoon little league fielding for me to hold anyone up as silver lining who muffs a makable play.

Yeah, that was badly played for sure. I did think long and hard before adding his name.
    Aviles seems to be stroking it now. Hopefully that will continue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

When Lester learns to back up bases instead of sulking every time he gives up an extra base hit, I'll cut the guy some slack.  He's no better than Crawford refusing to hit the cut-off man.  Until this "team" learns that it's a team-game and plays fundamentally sound baseball, they will continue to get man-handled.  No one's fault but theirs........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]When Lester learns to back up bases instead of sulking every time he gives up an extra base hit, I'll cut the guy some slack.  He's no better than Crawford refusing to hit the cut-off man.  Until this "team" learns that it's a team-game and plays fundamentally sound baseball, they will continue to get man-handled.  No one's fault but theirs........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]So I take it that Crawford is next in line for your JD Drew treatment?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Crawford and Theo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford and Theo
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Aren't you forgetting someone?   Wink

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Jenks and Beckett.........

Mgt for Starting Bard which you all know I was dead-against

Sections
Shortcuts