Since the 15-9 debacle..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Since the 15-9 debacle..

. . . the Sox bullpen has gone 10 games and 29 innings and given up a total of 2 runs, neither of which hurt. Not bad, and the new guy tonight looked good with 5 k's and 0 runs in 3. The hitting, on the other hand, looked not so good, but especially AGon, who looks a little lost at the plate. With the bases loaded I could swear he was hoping for a walk. One swing total in six pitches, two of which were near the center of the plate, but not of course thenone he swung at. In the 9th I'll bet he was thrilled to hit that weak grounder and not strike out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Since the 15-9 debacle..

I'm afraid you're right, at least for the moment. I've never seen him this bad since he's been here. Even last year early he was getting singles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I think Gonzo doesn't like hitting when it's cold outside. Watch his batting average and rbis climb when the temperature starts going up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

See HankWilliams prescient thread, and better days will eventually come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Salty just said he thinks Bard pitched great...His actual words........What gives?    No wonder we are in last place...No Fire with these guys.........What is so bad about saying tonight was not his night, or something to not insult our intelligence.... LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, I think Oakland would agree with Salty because they liked what he threw.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Since the 15-9 debacle..:
    [QUOTE]. . . the Sox bullpen has gone 10 games and 29 innings and given up a total of 2 runs, neither of which hurt. Not bad, and the new guy tonight looked good with 5 k's and 0 runs in 3. The hitting, on the other hand, looked not so good, but especially AGon, who looks a little lost at the plate. With the bases loaded I could swear he was hoping for a walk. One swing total in six pitches, two of which were near the center of the plate, but not of course thenone he swung at. In the 9th I'll bet he was thrilled to hit that weak grounder and not strike out.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    It's useless to pretend that Gonzalez is not hurting the team ( except with the glove ) going back to September of last year. His bat is lethargic. He's taking pitches down pipe and swinging at bad ones.  He looks a little dazed at times.
    Carnie may be right to believe that Gonzalez will warm up with the weather. We'll see. But will he cool down again with the weather, as he did last year? I realize that his shoulder might not have held up for the entire season, but, again, he simply didn't look good at the plate.
    When he's right, he has a smooth glide swing that will produce long balls when his timing is acute. But it is not the wrist-snap swing of the true slugger -- that deadly last-split-second launcher. 
    BV won't and shouldn't sit him, save maybe for a game now and then. He needs to get AB's until his timing improves. This club needs his bat in a big way. The sooner, the better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Since the 15-9 debacle..:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Since the 15-9 debacle.. : It's useless to pretend that Gonzalez is not hurting the team ( except with the glove ) going back to September of last year. His bat is lethargic. He's taking pitches down pipe and swinging at bad ones.  He looks a little dazed at times. Carnie may be right to believe that Gonzalez will warm up with the weather. We'll see. But will he cool down again with the weather, as he did last year? I realize that his shoulder might not have held up for the entire season, but, again, he simply didn't look good at the plate. When he's right, he has a smooth glide swing that will produce long balls when his timing is acute. But it is not the wrist-snap swing of the true slugger -- that deadly last-split-second launcher.  BV won't and shouldn't sit him, save maybe for a game now and then. He needs to get AB's until his timing improves. This club needs his bat in a big way. The sooner, the better.
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]I think moon hit the nail right on the head when he said that we should move Papi to third until Gonzo starts swinging a hotter bat. I mean you want your best hitter up with the most rbi opportunities, and if David Ortiz isn't the best hitter on the Red Sox right now, Carl Yastrzemski must be coming out of retirement. Hit David 3rd until he stops hitting. I wouldn't take Adrian out of the lineup though, because I think he's going to start getting hot any second now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Salty just said he thinks Bard pitched great...His actual words........What gives?    No wonder we are in last place...No Fire with these guys.........What is so bad about saying tonight was not his night, or something to not insult our intelligence.... LOL!
    Posted by roberr48[/QUOTE]

And when was the last time you heard a catcher say anything else when asked how his pitcher threw?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Since the 15-9 debacle..:
    [QUOTE]. . . the Sox bullpen has gone 10 games and 29 innings and given up a total of 2 runs, neither of which hurt. Not bad, and the new guy tonight looked good with 5 k's and 0 runs in 3. The hitting, on the other hand, looked not so good, but especially AGon, who looks a little lost at the plate. With the bases loaded I could swear he was hoping for a walk. One swing total in six pitches, two of which were near the center of the plate, but not of course thenone he swung at. In the 9th I'll bet he was thrilled to hit that weak grounder and not strike out.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

I've been posting bullpen updates for a while now.  They are on a role.  And it was really nice to see them shut down the White Sox after three days of listening to Ken Harrelson repeatedly tell me all the White Sox had to do was "get into that bullpen."   The Sox bullpen has turned it around impressively.

Hitters have nights when nothing goes right.  It happens, and 99% of the time it oesn't mean anything.  Fans think they can see "fear" or something inside a hitter, but a lot of times the problem is a lot less complicated, more like his contact lens was drying up or something. Those things do actually happen to hitters, and it doesn't mean they are lsoing interest or not in the game.

Oh, and its evil nite - so, BLOOD!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

You can now see that this was merely a blip on the Radar against the lowly Twins and mediocre White Sox.  Face it folks, the Red Sox stink. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]I think Gonzo doesn't like hitting when it's cold outside. Watch his batting average and rbis climb when the temperature starts going up.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

lets hope...he has been so underwhelming....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

You think MLB teams might start looking at the First Base Position a little differently. The Red Sox, Yankees, Angels, Phillies,Tigers combined have over $700 Million Dollars invested in a postion that for years were an afterthought. 

Sections
Shortcuts