Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent

It gets proven everyday.  Folks love a loser.  If the Red Sox continue to win, there might be no posts beyond the game thread.  Carl Crawford did the job, Josh was lights out, Papi and Drew got it done and the Sox got a really good win against one of the better pitchers in the league.  You would think the board would be buzzing with positivity...you would be wrong.  1941 has nothing to complain about...But he will think of something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent

In Response to Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent:
    [QUOTE]It gets proven everyday.  Folks love a loser.  If the Red Sox continue to win, there might be no posts beyond the game thread.  Carl Crawford did the job, Josh was lights out, Papi and Drew got it done and the Sox got a really good win against one of the better pitchers in the league.  You would think the board would be buzzing with positivity...you would be wrong.  1941 has nothing to complain about...But he will think of something.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]  JIM, IM WITH YA.......  WHAT A GAME !!  6 IN A ROW, GAINING !!    FUN TO WATCH !!   GREAT JOB THEO & TITO TOO !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]It gets proven everyday.  Folks love a loser.  If the Red Sox continue to win, there might be no posts beyond the game thread.  Carl Crawford did the job, Josh was lights out, Papi and Drew got it done and the Sox got a really good win against one of the better pitchers in the league.  You would think the board would be buzzing with positivity...you would be wrong.  1941 has nothing to complain about...But he will think of something.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Hilarious, isn't it? Some people, to quote Garbage, are "only happy when it rains."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Notice how anytime the Red Sox are on a nice winning streak, andrewmitch is conviently too busy to post on the game threads. The moment the Sox go into a funk, he's back with both barrels blazing with one whining post after another.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They're silent because...they're praying for more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

In Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent : Notice how anytime the Red Sox are on a nice winning streak, andrewmitch is conviently too busy to post on the game threads. The moment the Sox go into a funk, he's back with both barrels blazing with one whining post after another.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yeah Andrew would have had to react to a JD Drew HR and a CC walkoff.  he would not have been able to handle it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Harness and Bill-806 condone the Debbie Downers since they are here for entertainment and not honesty. They take opposite sides as long as it draws hits to the forum. Harness never met a troll that he didn't like.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Fellas, thre is just too much emphasis on arguing with each other.

Straw men. Snarkiness.  Vitriol.

Just sucks all the air out of the forum, is all.

Wish it were not so.

That said, it is GREAT to see another walk-off victory. Walk-off hit #2 for Crawford.  It's good to see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Harness and Bill-806 condone the Debbie Downers since they are here for entertainment and not honesty. They take opposite sides as long as it draws hits to the forum. Harness never met a troll that he didn't like.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

Who's to say what is or isn't honest.
    The bashers may be more honest for all we know.

What I don't like are those who keep drawing a dividing line into the sand.
    The only thing worse than a perceived problematic issue is continually drawing attention to it.

This subject matter draws you like a fly to...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

UR right Summer. Great game. Exciting times. Doesn't get much better than Paps vs. Cabrera with the bases juiced!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

It was a great game, even if Bard blew it, and Iglesias proved why he needs more time in the minors.  But what Jim has pointed out is true.  And that is why I rarely even open a thread when the Sox lose.  I know who's going to be posting, and I know what they are going to say.
    I've always enjoyed this board most in the off-season.  Conjecturing and planning, and even the wacky trade proposals.  Once the season starts it is all about who should be shipped out for a bag of balls for going 0-4 or making an error.

Anyone still think the Sox could win 100 games?  I predicted 102 - 103.  I still think they could win 100.  77-42 the rest of the way.  Why not?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... Nice of Drew to wake up since he looked like he was sleeping in the second inning when MC made him look like a little leaguer in Right !! And I was shocked that he could get around on the pitch considering he took that Line drive off the wrist in the second !! Nice game Drew !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]It was a great game, even if Bard blew it, and Iglesias proved why he needs more time in the minors.  But what Jim has pointed out is true.  And that is why I rarely even open a thread when the Sox lose.  I know who's going to be posting, and I know what they are going to say. I've always enjoyed this board most in the off-season.  Conjecturing and planning, and even the wacky trade proposals.  Once the season starts it is all about who should be shipped out for a bag of balls for going 0-4 or making an error. Anyone still think the Sox could win 100 games?  I predicted 102 - 103.  I still think they could win 100.  77-42 the rest of the way.  Why not?
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I'll stick to my 103 despite Tito !! LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Harness approves of the bashers. There is no more to be said on the topic. JoeBreidy, Moonslav, Boomerang, Katz, and RS791 are wrong for being objective and the 100% bashers are always correct. Harness is indeed a lonely old man on the west coast looking for a pen pal in the early morning hours. Any port in a storm. No need to be a loyal fan - just talk and that is good enough for him. Spreads himself so thin that he is devoid of character.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

"Nothing more to be said on the subject" - yet you continually bring it up.
    I showed your true colors to you and everyone else, and it eats away at you, doesn't it puppet?

You now live among UR banned prey - how do you like the stench?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

It's true Jim with a lot of sports cities. I had a conversation with a producer of a Philly sports talk show and he said the lines are much busier after a big loss then a big win.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]It was a great game, even if Bard blew it, and Iglesias proved why he needs more time in the minors.  But what Jim has pointed out is true.  And that is why I rarely even open a thread when the Sox lose.  I know who's going to be posting, and I know what they are going to say. I've always enjoyed this board most in the off-season.  Conjecturing and planning, and even the wacky trade proposals.  Once the season starts it is all about who should be shipped out for a bag of balls for going 0-4 or making an error. Anyone still think the Sox could win 100 games?  I predicted 102 - 103.  I still think they could win 100.  77-42 the rest of the way.  Why not?
    Would you rather them have caught the ball and double him up? i wouldn't im perfectly fine with Iglesias staying.

Oh and summer its 3 for crawford :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]It's true Jim with a lot of sports cities. I had a conversation with a producer of a Philly sports talk show and he said the lines are much busier after a big loss then a big win.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

That doesn't surprise me about Philly! LOL!  Anyway, I love when the Sox win and would love to have threads not get hijacked by the usual suspects.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE] Anyone still think the Sox could win 100 games?  I predicted 102 - 103.  I still think they could win 100.  77-42 the rest of the way.  Why not?

The Sox are 21-10 over the past 31 games. That throws out the abysmal 2-10 start which I believe was atypical of what this team can do.
    21-10 is a winning percentage of .677 and if they can maintain that pace over the rest of the season they'll win 79 more games.  Add that to the 23 they've already won and the total would be 102.  But to be realistic about it a .677 over 162 games would be 110 wins so it's highly unlikely. 

To get to 100 they need 77 more wins or a .647 pace.  To keep that in perspective, .647 over a full season would yield 105 wins 

100 is doable.  Not easy, but it could be done.  95-96 is probably more realistic and IMO that'll be enough to win the AL East.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

It's not for lack of interest, man - it's basking... :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Iglesias should have been 10 - 12 feet off the bag.  Instead he was 2 feet off the bag.  It was a force situation at home, after all; he's got to be trying to beat a throw home to avoid an out.  When in doubt, you take the longest lead you know you can get back to the bag with.  If 2 feet is the largest lead he can take in that situation, he needs to work on his base running skills.  That's just my opinion of the play. 

But who cares...it gave Crawford a chance to get his third walk-off hit and gain a little more confidence, and the Sox won!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Addressing the OP: It's simply human nature.
    When ya get up and feel no pain, you tend to think about the day at hand.
    What you need to do...what you want to do.

When you get up and UR back feels like hell, you b*tch about your back.
    Little notice is paid to feeling good, or not feeling bad.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

No silence here. Great win, tonight, no thanks to Bellsbury and Lowrie. Bellsbury was quite bad, so it's important to understand what his limitations are. His OBP is back in the .340's, which is around his career OBP. Career averages have a way of following players.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Who's silent.  Go Sox!

Jim if its silent its because fans find no reason to pick apart the team when it's winning.... when we are loosing obviously criticism will prevail.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Jim is obviously a stool for management.

Sections
Shortcuts