Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent

Posters that have gone into hiding:

JesseyEric
    Frankie
    MatsuigoesMo
    Mikeyinthebronx

Common theme?  They are all Yankee fans.  I think we forget that just a week ago these guys were flooding the forum.  Now that the Sox are showing that they have the better team... these posters vanish.  Interesting how that works.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Jim, after 6 wins in a row, I'm as happy as a pig in sh.t!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I know I'm having a hard time ....

N
         O
          T!

4th Walk off by Carl, is that what I've read?

And Salty's adding his seasoning!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Hey, SPC. With respect, I don't think jessey is so bad. He may be in hiding to avoid some of the vitriol that some posters toss his way.

If that is the reason, I wouldn't blame him. He's one of the good guys, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Summer, you beat me by a pen stroke ....

key stroke?

Jessey's ok.

Mike can be too...

The other ones are wastes of time and energy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent:
    [QUOTE]Iglesias should have been 10 - 12 feet off the bag.  Instead he was 2 feet off the bag.  It was a force situation at home, after all; he's got to be trying to beat a throw home to avoid an out.  When in doubt, you take the longest lead you know you can get back to the bag with.  If 2 feet is the largest lead he can take in that situation, he needs to work on his base running skills.  That's just my opinion of the play.  But who cares...it gave Crawford a chance to get his third walk-off hit and gain a little more confidence, and the Sox won!
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I was saying the same thing par..Why isnt he like 10ft off waiting for it to drop..Then I said "Hey, the kids only 21, its OK."
    Great to see CC getting another WO and the Sox get their 6th in a row. Not to pile on Tito, but what was Bard doing out there after 26 pitches the night before? That was unexpected.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Harness and Bill-806 condone the Debbie Downers since they are here for entertainment and not honesty. They take opposite sides as long as it draws hits to the forum. Harness never met a troll that he didn't like.
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]   SON, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ??  AFTER 80+ POSTS YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ INTO MY MIND ??  "LET ME BE CLEAR", I AM ON THIS BOARD FOR 3 REASONS.... 1/ I LOVE MY RED SOX/BASEBALL...2/ AL GORES INTERNET ALLOWS ME TO PLAY  G M  AND MANAGER....3/ I ENJOY THE SPORTS INTERACTION WITH LIKE POSTERS..... YOU MUST BE A LIBERAL KNOW-IT-ALL WHO WANTS TO RE-DO THE BOARDERS ON THIS BOARD BACK TO 1967 !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The bottom line is directed at some of our more "special" posters on the forum..

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]Fellas, thre is just too much emphasis on arguing with each other. Straw men. Snarkiness.  Vitriol. Just sucks all the air out of the forum, is all. Wish it were not so. That said, it is GREAT to see another walk-off victory. Walk-off hit #2 for Crawford.  It's good to see.
    Posted by summerof67[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. If it's the "sport" of argument that people are after, then that's fine, but count me out. I come here from time to time looking for some intriguing exchange of thoughts on subject matters that clearly elicit different points of view, but mostly what I experience is the desire to argue and/or "be right". There are exceptions of course, but real dialogue--the exchange of different perspectives (without namecalling) is exactly that, the exception rather than the rule.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent : Totally agree. If it's the "sport" of argument that people are after, then that's fine, but count me out. I come here from time to time looking for some intriguing exchange of thoughts on subject matters that clearly elicit different points of view, but mostly what I experience is the desire to argue and/or "be right". There are exceptions of course, but real dialogue--the exchange of different perspectives (without namecalling) is exactly that, the exception rather than the rule.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]  SON, THIS IS NOT T-BALL.... HOWEVER, IF YOU MUST, FEEL FREE TO GO TO THE FRIDGE FOR ICE CREAM AFTER EVERY POST !!   GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent : Notice how anytime the Red Sox are on a nice winning streak, andrewmitch is conviently too busy to post on the game threads. The moment the Sox go into a funk, he's back with both barrels blazing with one whining post after another.

Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Isn't that balanced out by silly betty and spc only showing up when the sawx win a few and conveniently not around when they lose a few?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]Posters that have gone into hiding: JesseyEric Frankie MatsuigoesMo Mikeyinthebronx Common theme?  They are all Yankee fans.  I think we forget that just a week ago these guys were flooding the forum.  Now that the Sox are showing that they have the better team... these posters vanish.  Interesting how that works.

Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

LOL...coming from mongo the fanboy who was largely absent on this forum until the sawx got to .500.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

"andrewmitch is conviently too busy to post "

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.  Having him on my ignore list, I would have missed that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Also in hiding are

NHSteven
    Georom4
    Bosox1941
    Redsox-11

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I don't get it

piersall

if the constant posting of that pic

is suppose to be a shot at arod

I don't get it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

nhsteven is back, he is just one of those weirdoes who brags about leaving the forum FOREVER because he is better than the rest of us - then he returns 48 hour later..... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]nhsteven is back, he is just one of those weirdoes who brags about leaving the forum FOREVER because he is better than the rest of us - then he returns 48 hour later..... 

Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

LOL....how long til jersey erica appears?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent :   SON, THIS IS NOT T-BALL.... HOWEVER, IF YOU MUST, FEEL FREE TO GO TO THE FRIDGE FOR ICE CREAM AFTER EVERY POST !!   GO SOX, THEO & TITO TOO !!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

One's thing is for certain--I am not your son and clearly I expected too much of you with regard to the points made in my post! Sounds like you would have enjoyed the Roman sport of Christians and lions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]Also in hiding are NHSteven Georom4 Bosox1941 Redsox-11
    Posted by Babe-Ted[/QUOTE]

Hiding??  Did I miss something?? The Sox have won 6 in a row. I believe they're supposed to win, aren't they? I don't have problems with them losing, except when Francona contributes to the loss. Unfortunately he contributes far too often for me. I also don't like the Team having to win "In Spite of Francona", which also happens far too often.
    I don't understand why anyone feels the need to give credit to Francona for doing what he's paid to do. Unless those who feel it's appropriate to give him credit when the TEAM wins are as surprised as the rest of us that Francona wasn't able to or didn't have a negative affect the outcome, and therefore want to congratulate him for doing his job.   Undecided

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent : Hiding??  Did I miss something?? The Sox have won 6 in a row. I believe they're supposed to win, aren't they? I don't have problems with them losing, except when Francona contributes to the loss. Unfortunately he contributes far too often for me. I also don't like the Team having to win "In Spite of Francona", which also happens far too often. I don't understand why anyone feels the need to give credit to Francona for doing what he's paid to do. Unless those who feel it's appropriate to give him credit when the TEAM wins are as surprised as the rest of us that Francona wasn't able to or didn't have a negative affect the outcome, and therefore want to congratulate him for doing his job.  
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

Gee, why so many cheers when a player gets a hit?  That's what he's payed to do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent : Hiding??  Did I miss something?? The Sox have won 6 in a row. I believe they're supposed to win, aren't they? I don't have problems with them losing, except when Francona contributes to the loss. Unfortunately he contributes far too often for me. I also don't like the Team having to win "In Spite of Francona", which also happens far too often. I don't understand why anyone feels the need to give credit to Francona for doing what he's paid to do. Unless those who feel it's appropriate to give him credit when the TEAM wins are as surprised as the rest of us that Francona wasn't able to or didn't have a negative affect the outcome, and therefore want to congratulate him for doing his job.  

wow, i thought you'd say something entirely different.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

"I believe they're supposed to win, aren't they?"

Yes, because the other team is baseball's version of the Washington Generals. They're not supposed to win.
    Francona doesn't just get credit for doing what he's paid to do, he's credited with doing his job well.

You, for whatever reason, dislike the guy. Fine, neither I or anyone else is going to change your mind. Just keep in mind, your posts aren't very convincing if you're trying convert others to your warped way of looking at the Sox.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

In Response to Six in a Row and the Forum is Silent:
    [QUOTE]It gets proven everyday.  Folks love a loser.  If the Red Sox continue to win, there might be no posts beyond the game thread.  Carl Crawford did the job, Josh was lights out, Papi and Drew got it done and the Sox got a really good win against one of the better pitchers in the league.  You would think the board would be buzzing with positivity...you would be wrong.  1941 has nothing to complain about...But he will think of something.

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

You must be very loved.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Your usual drivel.  You realize that the other team has professionals on it, too?  You know, other GMs are paid to win just like the Sox are.  Based on your logic, the Yanks, O's and Tigers were supposed to lose.  Why did they bother to show up. So when the Sox run off 6 in a row including a Yankee sweep, it means nothing because they are supposed to win.  Utter nonsense.

Sections
Shortcuts