1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

Re: SIZEMORE > TANAKA!

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

U Serious?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I get the Sizemore signing is "low risk" just as signing me would be low risk (because I'd sign for very little), but it's worthless. He hasn't had an impact on the game in 5 years and won't in 2014.

I'm not killing the Sox for it, just killing the fans who are praising such a waste of time move. Maybe Travis Hafner is available.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I'm actually more excited about who the batboys are going to be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Why don't we sign this kind of talent? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Kvjyzj9bM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Steve,

I didn't know you were into that kind of thing!

j/k

SWT!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sizemore> Tanaka is wishful thinking at it's peak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Wolfpack13's comment:

I get the Sizemore signing is "low risk" just as signing me would be low risk (because I'd sign for very little), but it's worthless. He hasn't had an impact on the game in 5 years and won't in 2014.

I'm not killing the Sox for it, just killing the fans who are praising such a waste of time move. Maybe Travis Hafner is available.

Hafner took a college caoching job.  Most likely to limit his time on the DL...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to Wolfpack13's comment:

Wolfpack, from two articles I've read by Boston writers yesterday they seem to think that if Sizemore's fully recovered he will be given every opportunity to win the CF job.  That is not something I want to hear because once again it will block the development and our opportunity to finally put a young player in the lineup after seven years of signing veterans and hangers-on.  That worry also carries if we crater and resign Stephen Drew because he would impede Middlebrooks and maybe Bogaerts as well.  This is the season to put some youth into our lineup and not keep resigning semi-greybeards.   We have enough veteran presence to add two to the lineup in Bradley and Bogaerts as well as give Middlebrooks a full chance to develop into a full power hitting third baseman after only really one full season of experience.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I personally don't care who they sign so long as they win! Chemistry does count regardless of what some folks think. The only losses from the core group from last year are Ellsbury,Salty and Drew so they are basically the same team as last year with improvements in the pen and depth players. Mujica was a stud out of the Cardinals bullpen for most of the year and Badenhop is a ground ball pitcher who should do well in Boston. As for Sizemore he has a long road to travel to get back to All-Star status he was playing at before he suffered injury after injury. I wish him luck and much success.

Sections
Shortcuts