Sizemore is off of the market!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sizemore is off of the market!!

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/article_external/indians_agree_to_terms_with_grady_sizemore/8266609

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Sizemore is off of the market!!

Well, at least he is staying with Cleveland. Still, another lost opportunity for Mr. Green!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Good! The last thing the Sox needed was another left handed hitting OF.
    This one is always on the DL with five operations in the last two years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

So far I see that he may get at least 9 mm incentives one year deal!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I never wanted him, but the other half of the board members here wanted him!!!  I am just posting to let them know that he is off of the market!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Jose Tavares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I could have lived with a one year contract for him, which is what he was willing to take.  I think we could have gotten him cheap, as he wanted a chance to prove himself again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Sizemore is off of the market!!:

Great !!! That was a close one.... Thank you Thank you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I wanted him, but if we can't have him, I'm glad he's sticking with Cleveland.  I'll bet he has a great, healthy year in 2012.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

thats ok.  he would not have been a very good fit in boston.  IMO.  no more lefties please.  and how about we find some who isn't or hasn't been hurt................

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

I can live with NOT getting Grady.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Sizemore is off of the market!!:
    thats ok.  he would not have been a very good fit in boston.  IMO.  no more lefties please.  and how about we find some who isn't or hasn't been hurt................
    Posted by never1954

Have to agree...this board has too much Theo left on it with the low risk/high reward mentality that has never worked out for the Sox successfully.  After the last two years how about bringing in some healthy players who don't have homes on the DL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Sizemore is off of the market!! : Have to agree...this board has too much Theo left on it with the low risk/high reward mentality that has never worked out for the Sox successfully.  After the last two years how about bringing in some healthy players who don't have homes on the DL.
    Posted by traven

In the last two years, we signed Beltre and Aceves, both of whom had been on the DL, and both were great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Good! The last thing the Sox needed was another left handed hitting OF. This one is always on the DL with five operations in the last two years.
    Posted by GhostofTito

my thoughts exactly

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Sizemore is off of the market!! : Have to agree...this board has too much Theo left on it with the low risk/high reward mentality that has never worked out for the Sox successfully.  After the last two years how about bringing in some healthy players who don't have homes on the DL.
    Posted by traven

Did you forget about David Ortiz?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I was hoping to get Sizemore, but it was a big risk to count on him to stay healthy. If there was ever a player who should be forced to play for the league minimum until he proves he can stay healthy it is Grady. 

He may have felt a bit obligated to stay in Cleveland after being paid to do nothing the last two seasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What did he sign for?  $$$

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: Sizemore is off of the market!! : In the last two years, we signed Beltre and Aceves, both of whom had been on the DL, and both were great.
    Posted by Joebreidey

If your logic makes sense then this logic does as well. John Smoltz and Doug Mientkiewicz, signed to contracts were less than great. Fact is Grady Sizemore is injury prone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sizemore was not available for the Sox to sign. He took himself off of the market before anyone could even give him a physical. He signed an incentive based contract on games played, not production, for $9 million if he reaches his incentives. I do not know what the amount of games played is for the $$ to kick in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

No shock here. Glad he did not become a Red Sox. Never saw the fit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Sizemore is off of the market!!:

Good. He's a left handed hitter, and he's done nothing but get injured the last three years.

Sections
Shortcuts