Slap Hitter Hit's the Earl Weaver Game Winner

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Slap Hitter Hit's the Earl Weaver Game Winner

2 run homer, but factual details are unimportant.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Miggy's a decent hitter I guess. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Same impact, nut. I guess Miggy is more than the slap hitter this Board said he was, before last night. Wishful thinking on his injury making him a slap hitter. Maybe he can slap some weak fly balls over the Monsta. We'll have to wait and see.

[/QUOTE]

are you a Red Sox fan?  you never seem to answer this question....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

Same impact, nut. I guess Miggy is more than the slap hitter this Board said he was, before last night. Wishful thinking on his injury making him a slap hitter. Maybe he can slap some weak fly balls over the Monsta. We'll have to wait and see.

[/QUOTE]

By this board you mean one guy? 

Remember when you used to pretend to be a Red Sox fan?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point.  That proves it.  He's now tied for 7th this postseason with other well known power threats like Sean Rodriguez, Seth Smith and Jose Lobaton.

He's obviously a great hitter, but the injury has absolutely reduced his effectiveness over the last month.  Maybe that hit was a sign that he's back, I hope not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]

Miggy is injured and has hit ONE!!!! HR over the past month and has ZERO extra base hits in the playoffs so far.  And it's not just in the numbers you can see it in his swing.

Miggy's slap hitter 3 run homer has him headed to slap hit in Fenway. 

[/QUOTE]

Bad news is that he cant cover too much at 3B or play shift defense.  Papi is going to have a heck of a series!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

See my thread on how to checkmate Ortiz and the Red Sox offense. It's real easy, for the 3 big Tigers' starters.

[/QUOTE]

so, you are a tigers fan then? 

thanks for confirming you are not a red sox fan.  putting you on ignore.  at least the usual bunch of yankees fans that frequent here are men enough to not try and hide it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Softy's inference is ok here.  With a hobbled Miggy and a 85%-good Verlander, big advantage to Sox.  But, if Miggy's bomb last night was an indication that he is back to decent enough health, this is going to be tough going.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

A's had Miggy's number until they tried to go in on him.  Pitch him away and he won't hurt us, especially at home. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A's had Miggy's number until they tried to go in on him.  Pitch him away and he won't hurt us, especially at home. 

[/QUOTE]

Joel, are you suggesting Miggy's injury makes him unable to go out and get the away stuff?  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Miggy is injured and has hit ONE!!!! HR over the past month and has ZERO extra base hits in the playoffs so far.  And it's not just in the numbers you can see it in his swing.

Miggy's slap hitter 3 run homer has him headed to slap hit in Fenway. 

[/QUOTE]

your a sad sad man.

Just because he hit one HR doesn't mean he's magically recovered and will mash it in the Fenway series.

and if he does....it's because he is feeling better but it's hard to heal when you play and if his injuries are as bad as they supposedly are he very well could be a non factor.

It's just like you to start a thread based on a one game sample size. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Hey guys Jose Iglesias hit a HR in a game this year....he should like totally hit 162 HR's next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

With a hobbled Miggy and a 85%-good Verlander, big advantage to Sox. 

I thought a "hobbled" Miggy and his game winning 2 run homer in Game 5 looked pretty good in the "Hobbled" state. Verlander look pretty good in Game 5, at 85%.

[/QUOTE]

Uh, yeah, um ok, kind of what I was suggesting, but thanks.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

So, you were suggesting that Verlander was 85%. Looked better than that, to me.

[/QUOTE]

No silly boy.  You are a smart dude (minus the spelling).  You can get my inference if you reallty try.  What I was suggesting was that if the Sox get 85% Verlander (most of his regular season) and hobbled Miggy (stretch run Miggy), big advantage Sox.  However, that was just about 100% Verlander yesterday, and hard to say whether Miggy's dinger ws a sign that he is no longer hobbled, or if they just made a stupid pitch to a hobbled beast.  If the latter, big trouble.  And big trouble anyway, since Verlander served notice that he is in vontage form.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

your a sad sad man.

Just because he hit one HR doesn't mean he's magically recovered and will mash it in the Fenway series.

and if he does....it's because he is feeling better

An agrey weasel, upset that the slap hitter and his 1 HR since August might "feel better". 

[/QUOTE]

Go home you're drunk.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Look at the numbers of Napoli, behind Ortiz, and there's your sign.

[/QUOTE]

If the person behind you is that important, then isn't that an advantage to the RS?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joel49's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Joel, are you suggesting Miggy's injury makes him unable to go out and get the away stuff?  

[/QUOTE]

I am, Space.  He can get it but I don't believe he can drive it.

Sections
Shortcuts