SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE..........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE..........

it appears seattle owns the $ox.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE..........:
    In Response to SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : And the Sox$ are who is trying to buy a WS is in first for now.
    Posted by greatestNYY

oh ok, this coming from the teams fan who has had the largest payroll every year for over a decade

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Series people, series. Going into Seattle we won 4 straight series  and hadn't lost a series since before the allstar game (we tied against Kansas city). I'll be worried when we lose another series or two, but even then I probably won't be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

it appears seattle owns the $ox.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

Well, appearances are strange.  But then, I am open to seeing through different eyes.  I will go with yours and dig it that Seattle will be the first team to have a losing record vs. a team and own them.  Wild.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : And the Sox$  who are trying to buy a WS is in first for now.
    Posted by greatestNYY
    some perspective please, Yanks aren't paying their players in meats and cheeses...more reading, less trolling....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I Hate Going to Seattle

I’m not sure just when the feeling began, but I just can’t stand the notion of the Sox going to Seattle. Maybe it was after the time we opened in Japan ... Or was that Oakland? I’m not checking memory here or google ...

It was before King Felix arrived, but it always seems like a tough place to play. King Felix only made it more so.

Harness, your Fenway distortion really works here. Safeco Field is a place where bats are sent into asylum. And I don’t mean political.

I know our defense, which has been stellar, didn’t help us. I know Josh had an unusual first inning. I know last night was .... a Seattle kind of night.

Well, at least we are done there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

True Yaz, if you had played yesterday's game at Fenway, they would have had three more HRs and a few more doubles and the bashers and critics would be absent today from the forum. Talk about fickle fans or are they concern trolls?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

4-2 for the season.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

True Yaz, if you had played yesterday's game at Fenway, they would have had three more HRs and a few more doubles and the bashers and critics would be absent today from the forum. Talk about fickle fans or are they concern trolls?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil

By the Red Sox or by the Mariners ... or both?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : SORRY NUGUY.......  IT'S AUG. 15TH AND THE YANK$ ARE A HALF GAME OUT.......  WHAT CAN GO WRONG, WILL GO WRONG IF YOU KEEP IT CLOSE AROUND !!!
    Posted by Bill-806

If the Red Sox win the percentage of series that they have, they will win about 99 wins. If the Yankees take the division from us and we have won between 98-100 games there's nothing you can do other than tip your cap and meet them in October.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : Well, appearances are strange.  But then, I am open to seeing through different eyes.  I will go with yours and dig it that Seattle will be the first team to have a losing record vs. a team and own them.  Wild.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

spaceman missed my sarcasm again; bill lee would be disappointed.

some here, like you, see the SOX as a great team; i see the SOX as a very good team, that could have been better would a little smarter help from the front office.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

Posted by PawsoxPhil

aw, pawsox,

throwing out that lame disclaimer--concern trolls.
    i'm concerned about you if that's all you got.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I Hate Going to Seattle I’m not sure just when the feeling began, but I just can’t stand the notion of the Sox going to Seattle. Maybe it was after the time we opened in Japan ... Or was that Oakland? I’m not checking memory here or google ... It was before King Felix arrived, but it always seems like a tough place to play. King Felix only made it more so. Harness, your Fenway distortion really works here. Safeco Field is a place where bats are sent into asylum. And I don’t mean political. I know our defense, which has been stellar, didn’t help us. I know Josh had an unusual first inning. I know last night was .... a Seattle kind of night. Well, at least we are done there.
    Posted by SinceYaz

The Red Sox are 14-17 at Safeco Field since the MLB debut of Felix Hernandez on August 4, 2005, but 11-8 over the past four seasons.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE..........:
       AS DAD WOULD SAY........... "SON, THE YANK$ ARE NOW  A HALF GAME OUT, I TOLD YOU TO GET IN EARLY OUT THERE IN SEATLE" !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, the title of this thread should be Sleepwalking in Seattle!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : spaceman missed my sarcasm again; bill lee would be disappointed. some here, like you, see the SOX as a great team; i see the SOX as a very good team, that could have been better would a little smarter help from the front office.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

Well, Yazzer my friend, tough to pick up your sarcasm when most of your posts are base digs at people on this club or the club itself.  Also, still not quite seeing what is so "sarcastic" about your post even now that you have pointed to it.  

And, you mistake my being the kind of fan who is gung-ho, and wants to express hope and love and corny stuff like that, with me thinking this is a great team.  The verdict, of course, is still out on that.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : The Red Sox are 14-17 at Safeco Field since the MLB debut of Felix Hernandez on August 4, 2005, but 11-8 over the past four seasons.
    Posted by hill55

Thanks, Hill.

Appreciate the actual stats.  There are somethings I check into and some I don't.  They still make me feel uneasy, but at least they aren't hopeless.  :o)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Series people, series. Going into Seattle we won 4 straight series  and hadn't lost a series since before the allstar game (we tied against Kansas city). I'll be worried when we lose another series or two, but even then I probably won't be.
    Posted by NUSoxFan

There ya go!  A huge pat on the back, NU!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I Hate Going to Seattle I’m not sure just when the feeling began, but I just can’t stand the notion of the Sox going to Seattle. Maybe it was after the time we opened in Japan ... Or was that Oakland? I’m not checking memory here or google ... It was before King Felix arrived, but it always seems like a tough place to play. King Felix only made it more so. Harness, your Fenway distortion really works here. Safeco Field is a place where bats are sent into asylum. And I don’t mean political. I know our defense, which has been stellar, didn’t help us. I know Josh had an unusual first inning. I know last night was .... a Seattle kind of night. Well, at least we are done there.
    Posted by SinceYaz

The park has a brain-washing effect.
    Ask Beltre. No A. L. team scrapes runs off the sidewalk better than the M's.
    They are my sleeping pill. Otherwise, it's costly sleep medication. For that, I am thankful.

The city as a whole has a habit of not spending money well - be it on their baseball franchise or alleviating the pathetic highway traffic. Publicly or privately owned, it's the same ignorant mind-set. The Good Lord gave them a majestic Volcano, MT. Rainier, that towers over the city - dressed in snow - to remind all of the insignificance of man and his issues. Man then screwed up the rest of it...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : Well, Yazzer my friend, tough to pick up your sarcasm when most of your posts are base digs at people on this club or the club itself.  Also, still not quite seeing what is so "sarcastic" about your post even now that you have pointed to it.   And, you mistake my being the kind of fan who is gung-ho, and wants to express hope and love and corny stuff like that, with me thinking this is a great team.  The verdict, of course, is still out on that.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

again, these are the people on the SOX i throw DIGS at:

jd crawford
    SLACKEY
    JD DREW
    TITO
    THEO.

that's not bad; 3 underachievers and 2 morons.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: SLEEPLESS/SQUANDERING IN SEATTLE.......... : again, these are the people on the SOX i throw DIGS at: jd crawford SLACKEY JD DREW TITO THEO. that's not bad; 3 underachievers and 2 morons.
    Posted by -theyazzer-

True.  Not bad, only 5 guys you pizz on.  Kudos.  Not bad. You should be proud.  Could be 10 guys.  But, it might as well be 10.  The amount of redundant slanders to these Fab 5 you deliver puts you in the rarified obsessed air of Softy.

Sections
Shortcuts